• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool City Post Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Fuuuuumnmmme! I've got some RAAAAAAAAATINGS for you!
La-da-dee-dee dee-dum- de-de-dooooooo00000000000!

I'd like to keep this analytical and not get too emotionally charged, so first of all: FUCK YOU GUARDIOLA YOU WHINING MEKON-HEADED BALDY FUCKING CUNT.

Now onto the game, and what a splendidly ruthless performance that was! City played.... OK, although the personnel issues did make them seem vulnerable even before kick-off, and we duly gave them a sound beating. Yes, they created a few chances and had a lot of the ball, but they never looked in control, especially in midfield and defence, and we took every advantage. Individual battles were won all over the pitch, and we were clinical.

Alisson (7) Still waiting for that clean sheet. Made a couple of decent saves and then showed his prowess under the high ball as City launched crosses and corners into the box in the second half. Typically nerveless and also smart with his distribution.

TAA (8) Oh Lordy, some of his passing was just......delicious. Especially that pass to Robbo for Salah's goal. It was a laser-guided beauty. Had a tougher time of it in the second half, as a desperate to impress Sterling went up a few gears, and he needed bailing out a few times, but he stepped up well and made it difficult. Played lad.

Virgil (8) The Red Titan stared down the City attack and then proceeded to lay waste to all comers. A beautiful display of unruffled aggression and was calmly authoritative with and without the ball.

Lovren (8) Fully justified Klopp's ongoing faith in him, he was ferociously determined and never lost his focus. He made several great interceptions and his harrassment of Aguero ensured that the usually deadly Argentinian continued his forlorn run against us, and looked dejected by the time he came off the pitch. Which is nice.

Robertson (8) Gradually got the measure of Bernardo Silva, who ended up trying to avoid being anywhere near the dynamic Scot, such was his terrier-like refusal to give the little fucker any space or time. Robbo then decided to start tormenting City at the other end of the pitch, and his ball in for Salah was so laced with deadly venom it was almost hissing as it bounced into City's box to be dispatched by Salah's head.

Fabinho (9) Poor old Rodri and Gundogan won't want to play against him any time soon; they looked like they'd been fed into a fucking wood chipper by the end. He obliterated anything that came near him, and quite a few things that didn't, but he fucked them up anyway. It was a glorious display of destruction. Oh, and he smacked in a glorious 25 yarder too.

Henderson (8) Relentless energy, harrassing City's players when they had the ball, and using that energy and mobility to eat up space and make the pitch seem like a postage stamp. His crossing gradually got more accurate and dangerous, until he finally got one 100% perfect, arcing a ball over and away from Bravo right onto Sadio's swede.

Wijnaldum (8) Has had a poor run of form, but the ghost was fully visible here, and scared the shit out of City with his unerringly accurate passing, ability to muscle his way out of trouble and his refusal to give up possession. He was especially crucial early on, wresting control back from City as they started strongly. Very impressive, I wish he played like this every week.

Salah (8) Aaaaaaaaannnd he's back. He was right at it here, using his ability to switch direction while at full pelt to mesmerise their poor full-back, and then providing a beautifully deft finishing touch to put away Robbo's cross. Also made Sterling look a cunt with one murderous turn, too. Worried about his ankle, though. We can't do without Salah.

Mane (8) Started more slowly than the electric eel that was Salah in the first half, but worked well to limit the time and space City's defenders had, with Stones in particular looking nervous whenever he saw the Senegalese lurking with intent. Duly scored yet another goal, putting the finishing touch to Henderson's lovely cross, despite Bravo's desperate efforts to keep it out.

Firmino (7) Obviously didn't score, but his running, vision and overall workrate was important in creating space and opportunity for the finishers to do their stuff. He kept dragging their players out of position, and they didn't know what to do about it.

Gini only gets an 8 ? The fuck.

I'd like to know if VAR made the call not to give a pen on Trent or they thought Bernardo handled it first and decided to let the game play on.

in real time it happened so fast that you can understand why it wasn't given but thats what var is supposed to be there for.

EJCaFMZW4AAZq12.jpg:large
Haha yeah I was laughing out loud when I saw that !

Interesting comments from a City fan :

It's all well and good pointing the finger at the back four but they're being badly let down by a midfield who aren't pulling their weight defensively. The personnel of a Pep defence doesn't matter if the system works well. We once destroyed Tottenham with a back four of Walker, Otamendi, Mangala and Delph. We should be able to hold our own with a back four of Walker, Stones, Fernandinho and Angelino. Laporte and Kompany are big misses but the chronic problems are coming from further up the field.

De Bruyne looks sluggish out of possession and isn't leading the press from the front well enough. Bernardo's batteries are in need of recharging. Gundogan is a great #6 but only a decent #8. David Silva and Fernandinho are the best of the lot positionally but one's injured and the other is in defence. Despite all this, it's Rodri who's the real problem - defensively he doesn't track his man and can't keep up with the speed of play, and going forward he doesn't know how to make himself available for a pass out of the defence. He's classy in possession but without the ball he's causing trouble.

As I said, it's all well and good pointing the finger at the back four but all it takes for the opposition to get at them is two passes. Stones and Fernandinho were "protected" by a fifty-yard chasm with Rodri lumbering about somewhere in the middle of it, so no wonder Wijnaldum and Fabinho had so much space to pick passes out and put vital moves together. I think we lost yesterday because of poor finishing (mainly from Aguero) but the systemic issues in the middle really didn't help matters.

Interesting comments from a City fan :

It's all well and good pointing the finger at the back four but they're being badly let down by a midfield who aren't pulling their weight defensively. The personnel of a Pep defence doesn't matter if the system works well. We once destroyed Tottenham with a back four of Walker, Otamendi, Mangala and Delph. We should be able to hold our own with a back four of Walker, Stones, Fernandinho and Angelino. Laporte and Kompany are big misses but the chronic problems are coming from further up the field.

De Bruyne looks sluggish out of possession and isn't leading the press from the front well enough. Bernardo's batteries are in need of recharging. Gundogan is a great #6 but only a decent #8. David Silva and Fernandinho are the best of the lot positionally but one's injured and the other is in defence. Despite all this, it's Rodri who's the real problem - defensively he doesn't track his man and can't keep up with the speed of play, and going forward he doesn't know how to make himself available for a pass out of the defence. He's classy in possession but without the ball he's causing trouble.

As I said, it's all well and good pointing the finger at the back four but all it takes for the opposition to get at them is two passes. Stones and Fernandinho were "protected" by a fifty-yard chasm with Rodri lumbering about somewhere in the middle of it, so no wonder Wijnaldum and Fabinho had so much space to pick passes out and put vital moves together. I think we lost yesterday because of poor finishing (mainly from Aguero) but the systemic issues in the middle really didn't help matters.

It's not a massive surprise that Rodri isn't as good a defensive midfielder as Fernandinho, but I was quite surprised at how far up the pitch he was positioned at times, and he doesn't have the pace to get back quickly enough either.

I don't watch City much, admittedly, but I was also a bit surprised at how collectively sluggish they seemed; seemed to be a bit slow to press and react.

in real time it happened so fast that you can understand why it wasn't given but thats what var is supposed to be there for.

But the rule states that if the ball is deflected onto your arm by yourself, a teammate or an opponent then it isn't handball. Right?

The refs will come out and say that when they looked back at the handball the first offence was off Silva's arm, so to pull it back for that would have been to our disadvantage as we'd scored, or that TAAs one wasn't handball because of that weird deflection rule. I suspect the reality is they looked at it and thought, dunno, play on.

The refs will come out and say that when they looked back at the handball the first offence was off Silva's arm, so to pull it back for that would have been to our disadvantage as we'd scored, or that TAAs one wasn't handball because of that weird deflection rule. I suspect the reality is they looked at it and thought, dunno, play on.
:D:D

I suspect, without any basis, that the VAR team experienced a tiny orgasm when THAT thunderbolt went in, and decided that under no circumstances were they going to overturn the goal of the season for a silly handball .

Yesterday, the boys were really just after the win.

There was no moment of selfishness between Salah and Mane. They were both just playing for the win, and combining much earlier, whenever they had the chance.

Lately, I've sensed they were always looking for Bobby (who will always return the ball) and not each other. And when they did pass to each other, it was either slightly delayed (where they thought about it for half a second) or it was the typical "Trezeguet pass" where you could put someone clean through on goal, but instead you pass it just wide of the box so they have to square it back to you for a tap in.

It's funny, because Salah has been trying so hard to score, and the game he just relaxes and plays what he sees, is the game he's back on the scoring sheet.

I really believe his first season was us, he scored so many goals, not only because he was a new threat, but because he was relaxed and not so focused on winning the golden boot.

Like they say in boxing, the harder you go for the KO, the less chance you have of getting it.

I really hope both Salah and Mane take yesteday's selfless performance forward and continue playing for the team. If they do, we will win the league and one of them will probably be top goalscorer. And if not, and it's Vardy or even Aguero, who gives a fuck as they'll both have PL winners medals to console them (as Aguero has had over the last 2 years).

Alisson 8
Trent 7 - got targeted a little
Lovren 7.5 - Surprisingly very good
Virgil 8
Robbo 8

Fab 9 MOTM
Gini 8
Hendo 7 - +1 for the assist

Mane 7.5 - Took goal well, few bits of naff passing and control in promising situations
Mo 8 - Again, took his goal well...overall game much improved over last 4-5 weeks
Bobby 7 - was very isolated, didn't see much of the play at all

DERMOT SAYS: This incident has to be an on-field decision, as Oliver has the best view.

There's an angle where the referee makes the decision, we don't need to talk about the VAR, the on-field referee makes the decision. Straight away, he says no penalty. He sees the speed of the ball and he sees it hit Alexander-Arnold on the arm. I think he's got the best view of everybody - he's an amazing athlete to keep up with play.

Remember, a ball striking an arm isn't a penalty. Oliver will have communicated with the VAR that the ball came too quickly at Alexander-Arnold - once Oliver makes that call, then VAR will never ever get involved. If you asked 100 neutral football fans about the decision, you'd have a split vote. There would not be a majority. Even if the referee had come over to the pitch-side monitor, he wouldn't have reversed his decision.

Been watching some of the highlights from other channels. I can't believe how Neville is still allowed to comment on our games. I know he's a Manc cunt but he's overly biased and having Tyler next to him doesn't make it better. Questioning everything Liverpool does. I mean it's an extreme difference to the commentators on NBC and BBC.
For instance Neville just ignored the fact that it hit Silva's hand first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom