• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool Goal Scoring Table 2023/24

Dreambeliever

From Doubter to Believer (to doubter again)
Welcome to the scoreboard Endo and what a header it was.

Salah continues to do Salah things while Klopp uses the EL to build up Nunez’s confidence. Great to see such a spread.

The two things that stand out in Klopp 2.0 is that our FB assists contribution is miles off compared to where Robbo and TAA have been in the past and that we seem to be spreading the goals around a bit more in midfield.

Goals
Mohamed Salah 9 12
Darwin Núñez 5 12
Diogo Jota 5 11
Cody Gakpo 3 9
Luis Díaz 3 11
Ryan Graven 2 9
Dominik Szobo. 2 12
Wataru Endo 1 9
Andy Robertson 1 8

Assists
Mohamed Salah 4 12
Darwin Núñez 4 1
TAA 2 9
VVD 2 8
Cody Gakpo 1 9
Joe Gomez 1 11
Alexis Mac 1 11
Wataru Endo 1 9
Curtis Jones 1 8
Quasah 1 6

Goal Contributions
Mohamed Salah 13 12
Darwin Núñez 9 12
Diogo Jota 5 11
Ryan Graven 5 9
Cody Gakpo 4 9
Luis Díaz 3 11
VVD 2 9
Dominik Szobo. 2 12
Wataru Endo 2 9
Andy Robertson 1 8
Joe Gomez 1 11
Alexis Mac 1 11
Curtis Jones 1 8
Quasah 1 6

Two contributions for Nunez and Soboz today.

Salah continues to do Salah things and Jota adds another to his tally.

Goals
Mohamed Salah 10 13
Darwin Núñez 6 13
Diogo Jota 6 12
Cody Gakpo 3 10
Luis Díaz 3 11
Ryan Graven 2 10
Dominik Szobo. 2 13
Wataru Endo 1 10
Andy Robertson 1 8

Assists
Darwin Núñez 5 13
Mohamed Salah 4 13
TAA 2 10
VVD 2 9
Dominik Szobo. 2 13
Ryan Graven 2 10
Cody Gakpo 1 10
Joe Gomez 1 11
Alexis Mac 1 12
Wataru Endo 1 10
Curtis Jones 1 8
Quasah 1 6

Goal Contributions
Mohamed Salah 14 13
Darwin Núñez 11 13
Diogo Jota 6 12
Cody Gakpo 4 10
Ryan Graven 4 10
Dominik Szobo. 4 13
Luis Díaz 3 11
VVD 2 10
Wataru Endo 2 10
Andy Robertson 1 8
Joe Gomez 1 11
Alexis Mac 1 12
Curtis Jones 1 8
Quasah 1 6

Last edited:
I find this link pretty comprehensive - but it's for all competitions: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/teams/liverpool/top-scorers

Dated 30 Oct 2023:
Untitled.jpg

Nunez scores for the third game in a row and Gakpo quietly climbing the scoring charts.
Great to see.
Goals
Mohamed Salah 9 13
Darwin Núñez 613
Diogo Jota 5 11
Cody Gakpo 4 10
Luis Díaz 3 11
Ryan Graven 2 9
Dominik Szobo. 2 13
Wataru Endo 1 10
Andy Robertson 1 8

Assists
Mohamed Salah 4 13
Darwin Núñez 4 13
TAA 3 10
VVD 2 8
Cody Gakpo 1 10
Joe Gomez 1 12
Alexis Mac 1 11
Wataru Endo 1 10
Curtis Jones 1 9
Quasah 1 7

Goal Contributions
Mohamed Salah 13 13
Darwin Núñez 10 13
Diogo Jota 5 11
Ryan Graven 5 9
Cody Gakpo 5 10
Luis Díaz 3 11
VVD 2 9
Dominik Szobo. 2 13
Wataru Endo 2 10
Andy Robertson 1 8
Joe Gomez 1 12
Alexis Mac 1 12
Curtis Jones 1 9
Quasah 1 7

Again, why do the lead with his picture. I think it's unfair and inaccurate meself.
Because he’s one of the most recognisable and talked about players now. He’s also one of the first players fans of all teams think of when you say which striker misses sitters. It wouldn’t get the same clicks if he had a Luton striker for example.

Again, why do the lead with his picture. I think it's unfair and inaccurate meself.
This regards every blocked shot as off target, which is bollocks.
Darwin has 2.6 shots per game, 1.1 on target, so even by the metric used, counting all blocked efforts as off target, his shooting accuracy is 42%, better than our average.
So yes, it's both unfair and inaccurate to imply he's (a big part of) the problem.
The lad's got a goal or assist every 60 minutes in the Premier League this year, which is better than Mo (every 72 mins). He's doing just fine.
EDIT - also better than Haaland (every 68 minutes).

Last edited:
Nunez scores for the third game in a row and Gakpo quietly climbing the scoring charts.
Great to see.
Goals
Mohamed Salah 9 13
Darwin Núñez 613
Diogo Jota 5 11
Cody Gakpo 4 10
Luis Díaz 3 11
Ryan Graven 2 9
Dominik Szobo. 2 13
Wataru Endo 1 10
Andy Robertson 1 8

Assists
Mohamed Salah 4 13
Darwin Núñez 4 13
TAA 3 10
VVD 2 8
Cody Gakpo 1 10
Joe Gomez 1 12
Alexis Mac 1 11
Wataru Endo 1 10
Curtis Jones 1 9
Quasah 1 7

Goal Contributions
Mohamed Salah 13 13
Darwin Núñez 10 13
Diogo Jota 5 11
Ryan Graven 5 9
Cody Gakpo 5 10
Luis Díaz 3 11
VVD 2 9
Dominik Szobo. 2 13
Wataru Endo 2 10
Andy Robertson 1 8
Joe Gomez 1 12
Alexis Mac 1 12
Curtis Jones 1 9
Quasah 1 7

Diaz has won at least 2 penalties from which we scored this season - if those were counted as an assist, he would be higher in the table.

Darwin has 2.6 shots per game, 1.1 on target, so even by the metric used, counting all blocked efforts as off target, his shooting accuracy is 42%, better than our average.
So yes, it's both unfair and inaccurate to imply he's (a big part of) the problem.
The lad's got a goal or assist every 60 minutes in the Premier League this year, which is better than Mo (every 72 mins). He's doing just fine.
Yeah, but in Haaland's case, "or assist" is redundant

Diaz has won at least 2 penalties from which we scored this season - if those were counted as an assist, he would be higher in the table.
Yep. Absolutely winning a penalty should be considered an assist if scored. I still don't get why it's not, it's totally logical.

And here's the goals per minute record :

http://sixcrazyminutes.com/threads/donkey-no-longer.197852/page-5#post-2264717

I think Jota deserves his own thread. A very under rated player.

But now i'm beginning to see why Klopp and co rates him so highly.

He's also growing to be one of my favourite players in the team. He's like this small, silent ninja assassin. Does nothing of note for 89 mins and then bam!, sneaks up on you and scores.

When you look at him and see him play, you think he's like a 60-70ish kind of player on FIFA. Like maybe a Ngog or a Danny Ings. Cos there's just nothing special about him.

Yet this is where he baffles everyone because his stats certainly don't show that he's an average player.

It's a lil bit weird cos i'm trying to recall if we ever had a player like him before but can't think of anyone close. Did we ever have a king of tap-ins before ? Fowler was the lethal fox in the box but Jota's not a Fowler type of player either.

I think Jota deserves his own thread. A very under rated player.

But now i'm beginning to see why Klopp and co rates him so highly.

He's also growing to be one of my favourite players in the team. He's like this small, silent ninja assassin. Does nothing of note for 89 mins and then bam!, sneaks up on you and scores.

When you look at him and see him play, you think he's like a 60-70ish kind of player on FIFA. Like maybe a Ngog or a Danny Ings. Cos there's just nothing special about him.

Yet this is where he baffles everyone because his stats certainly don't show that he's an average player.

It's a lil bit weird cos i'm trying to recall if we ever had a player like him before but can't think of anyone close. Did we ever have a king of tap-ins before ? Fowler was the lethal fox in the box but Jota's not a Fowler type of player either.

Although it is largely before my time I've thought of him as a Keegan type. Someone playing on instinct and bloody-mindedness rather than any specific exceptional quality.

Jeezus.. Darwin’s goal conversion & accuracy stats are worse than I thought!!!

Other players win pens as well. They are not counted in the stats so there is no point justifying winning pens as assist just for a certain player.

Diaz is simply not good enough for us. He pops up with a goal or two now and then but he doesn't contribute nearly enough to warrant a starting position. Even if the zero assist doesn't tell a story, just watch the games. He runs, beats no one, and passes back. That's all he ever does, no crosses, no through balls, no shots, little to no impact whatsoever.

His dad seems to be at the games alot recently I hope he makes some time to help his son engineer a move to Barcelona.

Other players win pens as well. They are not counted in the stats so there is no point justifying winning pens as assist just for a certain player.

Diaz is simply not good enough for us. He pops up with a goal or two now and then but he doesn't contribute nearly enough to warrant a starting position. Even if the zero assist doesn't tell a story, just watch the games. He runs, beats no one, and passes back. That's all he ever does, no crosses, no through balls, no shots, little to no impact whatsoever.

His dad seems to be at the games alot recently I hope he makes some time to help his son engineer a move to Barcelona.

You've seriously got something in for Diaz man it's quite surreal, is it really all because he doesn't pay like Mane and get 20+ goals?

Should we shit all over Szobo and Mac because they can't play like Gerrard and Alonso and shit on Konate and Matip because they're no Hansen and Lawro? And Jones because he's no Molby?

Everywhere I turn you're always having a pop at him.

He could be more productive at times sure but saying he never crosses, shoots or beats a man is taking the piss.

You've seriously got something in for Diaz man it's quite surreal, is it really all because he doesn't pay like Mane and get 20+ goals?

Should we shit all over Szobo and Mac because they can't play like Gerrard and Alonso and shit on Konate and Matip because they're no Hansen and Lawro? And Jones because he's no Molby?

Everywhere I turn you're always having a pop at him.

He could be more productive at times sure but saying he never crosses, shoots or beats a man is taking the piss.
And you have something in for me? I was only replying to a post on Diaz.

I am confused. Who said anything about him playing like someone else. He is our worst attacker and the stats backed it up despite him starting most games.

If you have something else to say, make a point. Otherwise there is really nothing more to discuss.

Back
Top Bottom