• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool Vs Everton Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh and can carra go and train with the forwards of our opponents in the week before all of our matches

Lukaku didn't have a single shot today..

Not a shot on target against us in the last 4 games appaz

Koeman is 1 deluded man, he has embarrassed himself today.

Martin o'neil was right.

My MOM is Matip, by far. He was dominant. Lucas and Lovren did well too, as did Coutinho in attack.

More from Everton boss Ronald Koeman, speaking to Sky Sports:
"Playing three at the back worked really well because we didn't give them time to build up."

Errrrr.......how thick are you Pat?

Didn't hear the interview but apparently at one point he complained about our bench asking for a red for Barkley and said the tackle(s) in question weren't "far over the line", as if that makes a difference.

I rate the guy actually but he let himself down today.

And he actually had headphones on, the mong.

That's Daniel Craig's cousin, I went to school with him, he was a potential footballer until a significant traumatic brain injury at 19 that left him with the mind of an 8 year old, and severe learning diffs.
True story that.

Was at the game and at least two of their tackles looked like straight reds in real time. So I'll have a look later on MOTD.

Koeman's post match interview is a bit bizarre. In a week where one of his players had an awful leg break from a reckless tackle, he was actually defending the tackles being made and complaining that our bench was moaning to the officials.

Barkley has now got away with an horrendous, spiteful tackle in each game without getting a red. Apparently, he's been talking this game up in the dressing room for weeks to get his teammates up for this.

I'll bet he stops talking about it now.

To end...

Lukaku's right, you're fucking shite
Lukaku's right, you're fucking shite

Repeat until sides split.

Sent from my iPad using SixCrazyMinutes mobile app

Thoughts:

• How on earth were Everton with 11 men when the final whistle went? Barkley should have been off ... Ok, Williams should have been too but it seems the ref didn't see it ... I thought he was really poor, but despite that - for a derby game, it wasn't that bad
  • I thought Lucas was fantastic - 1-2 poor balls, but overall, he just was where he needed to be and clogged up the middle really well.
  • Can, despite being utterly clueless when defending set pieces, played well too.
  • Matip-Lovren seems like a decent combo - kept Lukaku quiet the whole game.
  • Mane's injury look serious. Hope I'm wrong but that's either a 3rd degree sprain, or ligament damage.
  • Coutinho - should have had two. worked hard and a fucking important goal.
  • Origi - happy for him. Keeper made it easy but hopefully he can get on a run if Mane is out for any length of time

Mane walked without crutches or a knee brace, and said he was okay to the journos.

Might be a ligsment strain, but it doesnt sound or look serious.

Thoughts:

• How on earth were Everton with 11 men when the final whistle went? Barkley should have been off ... Ok, Williams should have been too but it seems the ref didn't see it ... I thought he was really poor, but despite that - for a derby game, it wasn't that bad
  • I thought Lucas was fantastic - 1-2 poor balls, but overall, he just was where he needed to be and clogged up the middle really well.
  • Can, despite being utterly clueless when defending set pieces, played well too.
  • Matip-Lovren seems like a decent combo - kept Lukaku quiet the whole game.
  • Mane's injury look serious. Hope I'm wrong but that's either a 3rd degree sprain, or ligament damage.
  • Coutinho - should have had two. worked hard and a fucking important goal.
  • Origi - happy for him. Keeper made it easy but hopefully he can get on a run if Mane is out for any length of time

Agree with most of this except the last bit of your first point. Hard tackles are one thing, but some of Everton's were bad even for a derby. Koeman obv.knew such a young team had to play dirty to have any chance and has gone down a long way in my estimation, especially after the garbage he came out with post-match.

Agree with most of this except the last bit of your first point. Hard tackles are one thing, but some of Everton's were bad even for a derby. Koeman obv.knew such a young team had to play dirty to have any chance and has gone down a long way in my estimation, especially after the garbage he came out with post-match.
What did he say?

P170401-055-Liverpool_Everton-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom