• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs Villa match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shite game and we couldnt get going at all. I hate Villa.

Balotelli had no energy at all which isnt strange seeing as he has been ill for 2 days.
Rodgers needs to take most of the blame for this. 6 new players in our starting 11. We looked all over the place for the first 20 mins. Rather have started Sterling today and rested him on tuesday.

4 games into the season and 3 very average performances, we got out of jail against southampton .

6 new guys in the starting lineup was obviously too much today.

and 37m worth of centre back and i neither trust or like either .

I really don't know what Rodgers was thinking today. It was Rafaesque. The Sturridge change was forced upon him but he just compounded the problem by picking a bunch of other new players. And replacing Balotelli and Lallana with Lambert and Borini with 20 minutes to go? Seriously? Very frustrating game, which had an air of inevitability to it pretty much from the first whistle.

I'm gonna get you & Modo your own sub forum.
Bollocks to them. Look at how he played last season for saints. He was ace and still will be. So just because we paid a lot for him he's a shit signing and a shit player? Okay. One bloody game. Jesus .

Annoying shit game.

Trying so many new players was a bad move, as was the 4-2-3-1. That was done for fear of Villa's pace exposing Gerrard, but the fact is we just don't have the kind of midfield players to play a two man midfield anymore. You need a playmaker and an enforcer/ball-winner if you're playing two, and Gerrard and Henderson don't fit into either role very well.

Should have just run with the 4-3-3 with Henderson and Lallana/Coutinho ahead of Gerrard (or dropped Gerrard and played Lucas if he was that worried about Villa's counter-attacking). Sterling should obviously have started as well.

Also again makes you wonder if Gerrard's deficiencies aren't becoming a burden on team selection every now and again.

Utterly pointless Gerrard playing so deep all game. Was noticeable how much more tempo we had in last 5 minutes when he got nearer the box.

Absolute bollocks performance and result.

I hate Borini even more now. He's so fucking shite and we could've got 12 mill for him. Cunt.

Shite game and the softest shitest goal to concede.
Should have started with Sterling and Balotelli upfront.

Worrying performance to say the least. Disjointed as fuck and 1 shot at home to a shower of shite like that. Fuck I need a drink.

It's shit, and if United win, we'll start feeling the pressure for fourth, but it is what it is. I'm worried about Balotelli if i'm honest, maybe he's still settling in, not 100% fit, has a bug, I don't know, but he didn't try hard enough, he didn't make the clever runs we're so used to with Sturridge and Suarez before, that's one of the main reasons we were so flat together. Villa did us to a tee again, although I hate giving credit to teams who are snide and kick out like Villa did, we've got to learn to deal with it.

It's shit, and if United win, we'll start feeling the pressure for fourth, but it is what it is. I'm worried about Balotelli if i'm honest, maybe he's still settling in, not 100% fit, has a bug, I don't know, but he didn't try hard enough, he didn't make the clever runs we're so used to with Sturridge and Suarez before, that's one of the main reasons we were so flat together. Villa did us to a tee again, although I hate giving credit to teams who are snide and kick out like Villa did, we've got to learn to deal with it.

4 games.

CALM THE FUCK DOWN - we're going to get relegated, just make peace with it you fucktards

I'm on a wind up.

We were fucking shite. Didn't create one clear cut chance all game.

We should have scored when Moreno got in behind just before the end of the first half, or when the deflection of the post fell to Sterling, but alas, it was one of those days.

i hate this i will protect sterling thing he is the star player now and plays for England he doesn't need to be kept in a shell .

maybe he's still settling in, not 100% fit, has a bug, I don't know,

Well, all of those. And it wasn't really down to his runs that we messed up. The passing was way too slow all over the pitch. Instead of keeping it zipping around the pitch, players kept holding it up and hesitating. When that happens the player furthest forward can either do as Mario did, or run himself ragged in the vain hope that a pass might eventually come that doesn't result in him being caught offside. It's no good having a hyper mobile striker and a slow-witted midfield. He was doing the job he was given, but the service to him was absolutely wretched.

Well, all of those. And it wasn't really down to his runs that we messed up. The passing was way too slow all over the pitch. Instead of keeping it zipping around the pitch, players kept holding it up and hesitating. When that happens the player furthest forward can either do as Mario did, or run himself ragged in the vain hope that a pass might eventually come that doesn't result in him being caught offside. It's no good having a hyper mobile striker and a slow-witted midfield. He was doing the job he was given, but the service to him was absolutely wretched.
Yep, very true, I was probably looking into it too much, I just worry.

i hate this i will protect sterling thing he is the star player now and plays for England he doesn't need to be kept in a shell .

I'm 100% behind Rodgers on this. We saw what happened with Owen. This is a really important period for Sterling. If we do manage him much more carefully, we could have a world class player with a long term impact. It's to Rodgers' credit that he's alert to this now.

I'm 100% behind Rodgers on this. We saw what happened with Owen. This is a really important period for Sterling. If we do manage him much more carefully, we could have a world class player with a long term impact. It's to Rodgers' credit that he's alert to this now.
Yep, no doubt Raheem will play against Ludogarets, considering he started two games for England as well, he needs a break otherwise we'll burn him out (again), it's a shame he had to come on at all today.

We should have scored when Moreno got in behind just before the end of the first half, or when the deflection of the post fell to Sterling, but alas, it was one of those days.

No, sorry mate, we were fucking shite.

Not slagging anyone, but we were woeful. Not one clear cut chance all game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom