• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool's Summer Transfers : Speculation & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
£100m+ for one footballer. ... and that's just the transfer fee! Sign on bonuses, Agent fees, wages and bonuses.

Who'd pay that?
Exactly my thoughts. Dortmund holds the whip hand in that he's still contracted to it but that fee is only for the nut-jobs such as Chelsea who have banked obscene amounts in the last couple of years. Maybe the skanks, too, given that they can shed money like a cow pissing on a flat rock.

Read Dmish's post above.

But to summarise, he's a great finisher, extremely skillful, and probably one of the fastest players in the world right now. He's probably most comparable to Mane, maybe, but without his work ethic and strength. But probably a better finisher.

I think it's the combination of size, pace, power and skill, along with excellent finishing. A physical beast.

He's like the original Ronaldo.

Not always. But yeah, that's part of it.

My point being, great players don't necessarily win everything.
Absolutely. It's a team sport. A top player can elevate a team to the level necessary to win titles but even then the team (most players) must already be at a very high level (for the league they play in). This was Gerrard's issue, bar a couple of rare seasons he didn't play in a team capable of winning the title regardless of his contribution.

Last edited:
I think it's the combination of size, pace, power and skill, along with excellent finishing. A physical beast.

He's like the original Ronaldo.

Really good comparison, that. Not sure he has the physical power yet, though.

Read that he has an outgoing contract it's probably all agent talk. Saw some YouTube clips of him. It's his highlights and he doesn't look that good at all.

Really? I see this claim a lot but what is the justification for it?

How is he better than Salah, Werner, Messi, CR7, or Suarez? Is he even better than Harry Kane / Son for that matter?

If Kylian Mbappe is so damn good, why doesn't he have a CL medal? Trent is the same age and he has one.

I am not going to pick this apart, just going to suggest you look at him play.
He is also just 19.

Larouci is wanted by Leeds but apparently they're not willing to meet our valuation of him.

Aston Villa 'line up a bid for Liverpool striker Divock Origi as Dean Smith plans an attacking overhaul after avoiding Premier League relegation'

• Aston Villa have identified Divock Origi as a target to solve their attacking issues
  • The Villains survived by the skin of their teeth, with a lack of goals a problem
  • Dean Smith is looking for significant upgrades on his current striking options
  • Origi has found minutes hard to come by at Liverpool this season
By OLLIE LEWIS
PUBLISHED: 11:30 EDT, 2 August 2020

Aston Villa are lining up a move for Divock Origi as Dean Smith looks for a marksman to lead the line for the west midlands club next season. The Villains secured Premier League survival by the skin of their teeth last campaign, finishing in 17th place, a point ahead of Bournemouth, who were sent down to the Championship.

Smith's side were constantly blighted by a lack of quality in the final third, with talisman Jack Grealish's creativity regularly going to waste as a result of poor play by either Wesley or Mbwana Samatta. Aston Villa are reportedly lining up a move for Liverpool striker Divock Origi this summer. The Villains secured Premier League survival but are looking for major upgrades up front. A striker is the priority for Villa this summer, and with new director of football, Johan Lange, at the helm, the club are looking to recruit more astutely this window.

According to The Sun, Villa have identified Liverpool striker Origi as an option to solve their attacking conundrum. The Belgian has popped up with crucial goals for Jurgen Klopp's side the past few seasons - including a late strike in the Champions League final - but is finding minutes hard to come by.

Origi may look for a move in a bid to get more minutes, although he is a cult hero at Anfield. The 25-year-old did feature in 44 games last campaign, but most of those came from the bench, with Mo Salah, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino virtually undroppable for the Premier League champions. Origi has been admired by one of Villa's local rivals, with Wolves keen on signing the striker in January. However, the Belgian chose to fight for his place at Anfield. He has a respectable 26 goals from 91 top flight appearances with Liverpool, and would prove a significant upgrade on the options currently at Smith's disposal.

==============

Never heard about the link to Wolves this winter. Actually I think he would suit them better than Villa.

Convert it to goals per minutes played instead of games and I reckon it'll look even better.

5,814 minutes / 34 goals = 1 goal per 171 minutes or a little over 0.5 per game. Not too shabby, but then you also have to count how many of the most crucial and unforgettable goals of the last few years were scored by Big Divock. Truly a club legend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom