• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool's Summer Transfers : Speculation & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Salah. He's a machine. But if I had a chance next season to get Mbappe and it meant selling Salah, I think I'd have to do it.

Which won't happen.
What about if ticket prices soared?
If we don't get him, I personally will not be unhappy. Even with the massive debt, the club has spent considerably. The net spend is higher than City's for now.

Last edited:
They seem skint at the moment. According to Tuchel they need 3 players but the funds arent there. Latest is Khedira on a free transfer.

How do we even begin to afford mbappe , something tells me they won't adopt the £4m down payment wolves accepted for jota!

Nikes 'well done for winning the league again' present ? Or is it offset by one or more of our current front three leaving ?

IDK, Mbappe joining may add more value to the club than the transfer fee costs. His partnership with Nike, Lebron and Air Jordan could be exploited for hundreds of millions in the US. He guarantees us being one of if not the biggest club in the world for the duration of his contract. Its one of those deals that could be swung if you're looking at it differently. All depends if Mbappe is willing to have parity with Salah and Mane or he demands way more.

I'm okay with losing one of the big 3 for this deal but if they stayed I think we'd have to be playing a 4-2-3-1 in most games then.... would that be more effective than our current big game first XI.

Less than a 1% chance that we can sign Mbappe. And the small chance we have would require us to sell one of Salah or Mane.

Even if we did sign him, no idea how we'd afford his astronomical wages. He's presently on 375k a week. His next contract could well be close to 500k a week.

Depends, we might convince him aswell to a performance and incentive based salary but with a top base included.
He seems more interested in doing the right choices for his career then money.

There is a chance to get him I reckon, albeit a bit small.

Less than a 1% chance that we can sign Mbappe. And the small chance we have would require us to sell one of Salah or Mane.

Even if we did sign him, no idea how we'd afford his astronomical wages. He's presently on 375k a week. His next contract could well be close to 500k a week.
That assuming he wouldn't take a pay cut to join us.

Sounds mad, but consider that VVD, Mane, Salah, & probably a few others, could all join other sides & be paid a LOT more cash, yet haven't done so.

The draw of Klopp, the draw of our fanatical global fan base, the increased global status that brings (esp in the US of late), & the real possibility of winning the best & biggest shiny things every season, count for a lot.

As for selling Salah/Mane, I'd be amazed if we don't let one go next summer, financially you'd sell with at least one or two peak years left in them to maximise their value before it begins to drop.

Let's be honest, we all like to think we know what Edwards and FSG are up to, but we haven't a scooby.

They only show you cards they want you to see and they don't always even have those! Anything could happen.

You can obviously see the playing side appeal. It's very hard to know what kind of positive financial impact he could have, to offset the massive cost.

At least he'll only have one year left on his deal, and with not wanting to renew it, it will force PSG's hand a bit when it comes to the transfer fee.

That assuming he wouldn't take a pay cut to join us.

Sounds mad, but consider that VVD, Mane, Salah, & probably a few others, could all join other sides & be paid a LOT more cash, yet haven't done so.

The draw of Klopp, the draw of our fanatical global fan base, the increased global status that brings (esp in the US of late), & the real possibility of winning the best & biggest shiny things every season, count for a lot.

As for selling Salah/Mane, I'd be amazed if we don't let one go next summer, financially you'd sell with at least one or two peak years left in them to maximise their value before it begins to drop.
If we did, I think we'd crash this site, Twitter and every other LFC site on the planet. Peak fucking excitement.

I don't see how Mbappe actually happens but just to be linked along with Real Madrid shows how far we've come as a club in the last few years.

It's kinda crazy actually.

I still feel like that about signing Thiago tbh. Definitely an element of the surreal to it.

Mbappe would be like that x 1000.

Klopp has been chatting to Mbappe consistently since he was at Monaco. He goes to hangout with Lebron during the summer. This is so on... There will be new Mbappe cleats all over to the world and we'll want some of the future revenue getting those young supporters on board guarantees.

IDK, Mbappe joining may add more value to the club than the transfer fee costs. His partnership with Nike, Lebron and Air Jordan could be exploited for hundreds of millions in the US. He guarantees us being one of if not the biggest club in the world for the duration of his contract. Its one of those deals that could be swung if you're looking at it differently. All depends if Mbappe is willing to have parity with Salah and Mane or he demands way more.

There's also a decent chance he might score lots of goals, continue to improve and develop the potential and become a truly world class player helping us win numerous trophies

I think one of our front 3 will retire here, I actually think all 3 of them could stay here until 32 or so, but begin to accept a more part time role and then swan off to Italy for a final paycheck

Trust Edwards to do something mental like structuring the payment for 20 years or something. And paying only 10 Mil a year, with Nike paying half of it.

How many promising youngsters are we going to have to sell to afford Mbappe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom