• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool's Summer Transfers : Speculation & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...bele-alisson-shaqiri-epl-updates-b801489.html
[article]Liverpool are in contact with Tottenham Hotspur on deadline day over a possible deal for Paulo Gazzaniga as Jurgen Klopp chases an alternative goalkeeper option.

Klopp was unimpressed with Adrian’s woeful display against Aston Villa as they stand-in keeper conceded seven goals in a humiliating mauling, with Adrian clearly at fault for Villa’s opener with a slack pass. Yet there are fears Alisson Becker could be out for more than six weeks after sustaining an injury in a training session in the build-up to the game, and that is a major concern for Liverpool as they try to retain the title. [/article]

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...bele-alisson-shaqiri-epl-updates-b801489.html
[article]Liverpool are in contact with Tottenham Hotspur on deadline day over a possible deal for Paulo Gazzaniga as Jurgen Klopp chases an alternative goalkeeper option.

Klopp was unimpressed with Adrian’s woeful display against Aston Villa as they stand-in keeper conceded seven goals in a humiliating mauling, with Adrian clearly at fault for Villa’s opener with a slack pass. Yet there are fears Alisson Becker could be out for more than six weeks after sustaining an injury in a training session in the build-up to the game, and that is a major concern for Liverpool as they try to retain the title. [/article]

Not happening.

I love how every summer theres a hypothetical list of players we could sell, pX Y and Z for a combined total of £100m and then go buy some megastar. Until deadline day rolls around and it appears weve comically over valued them and nobody is remotely interested at the prices we want.

Markovic was probably the best example of this. Bought for £20m, he was dogshit, we loaned out for 4 years straight cos nobody would pay for him and then left on a free.

I love how every summer theres a hypothetical list of players we could sell, pX Y and Z for a combined total of £100m and then go buy some megastar. Until deadline day rolls around and it appears weve comically over valued them and nobody is remotely interested at the prices we want.

Markovic was probably the best example of this. Bought for £20m, he was dogshit, we loaned out for 4 years straight cos nobody would pay for him and then left on a free.
Ahhh Markovic...him, oh shit yes.

@Modo , answer to your question is yes, and to be honest if anyone was serious about Shaq then a bid would have come in weeks ago and the sale done. But part of me believes that Klopp is a master bullshit actor when it comes to that cup competition, because he pretty much gives it his best to get out of it and has been for the last 3 seasons without humiliating the team.

Am I understanding it correctly that the domestic transfer window is still open until 10/16, so we can still theoretically sign someone like Sarr or a back-up keeper from the Championship? That's what I read in the Mirror – the only downside is that we won't be able to register them for the CL group stages.

Am I understanding it correctly that the domestic transfer window is still open until 10/16, so we can still theoretically sign someone like Sarr or a back-up keeper from the Championship? That's what I read in the Mirror – the only downside is that we won't be able to register them for the CL group stages.
Yes, both for loans and permanent transfers. But not permissible between PL clubs.

Yep. We can do business with EFL clubs until the 16th of this month

So much for Pearce telling us all summer that we wouldn't entertain loan offers for him.

I am surprised though at the lack of a market for him. He's not a bad player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom