• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Luis Alberto - SIGNED fap fap fap - Fuck you Doc Mac, fuck you right in the face'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the rare situation that I'm agreeing with Rosco, it's right to have concerns considering the little he's done, just because we did some great deals with Coutinho and Sturridge doesn't mean we can do no wrong in the market now. However I do have faith in Rodgers and the commitee, and I'm certainly not going to write him off before the seasons begun, I'm excited to see what he can do.

He's not a Messi / Aguero wunderkid. I don't think anyone is arguing that he is.

The element of excitement probably stems from the fact that he's a bit of an unknown quantity. That same reason is why there is a justifiable element of doubt and cynicism.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. As has already been said, 7M for a young player in La Liga is a lot of money and hopefully it's not a case of us overpaying as a result of being a comparatively rich Premiership team.

(To put the price into context somewhat, Barca paid Sevilla around 7M for Adriano who was a proven La Liga performer and a very good player)

What? I thought footballers were born famous !!!!

There is absolutely nothing in this guys short history that screams promise. He's done nothing in underage football, nothing in the first team anywhere.

He was loaned out by Sevilla who were happy to let him go for 3-4m at that point, after a seemingly good season at Barca they don't think he's worth that. Sevilla then immediately agree to sell him to us - with stories of contract disputes and disagreements with the club in the past.

He may turn out to be decent, but there is absolutely nothing in his history that suggests he's a real talent. And to cut short the arguments - Coutinho had featured in the top division in two leagues before we signed him and showed talent. Sturridge already had showed he could cut it in the Premiership.

Maybe Rodgers sees something that nobody else sees, or maybe he's preoccupied with becoming a poor mans Barcelona.
Are you doubting the Scouting Departments ability?

You want to compare a guy who's highest level of football is second division compared to one guy who's played premiership football and another that has played in serie A and la liga?

No, he wants to surmise that we rate him that highly. Young up and coming players always come from *somewhere*, so are you moaning that this kid hasn't made it at his present age, or are you just fucking moaning, you know, for the sake of fucking moaning as per?

What you blatantly seem to miss here is that you haven't seen him play but the ones wanting to buy him have. The same scouts and personnel that wanted to buy Coutinho I guess. At least, the same manager.

You focus instead on stats and speculates as to why club x didn't value him or why club y decided to sell him.

Can you justify the fee?

No, he wants to surmise that we rate him that highly. Young up and coming players always come from *somewhere*, so are you moaning that this kid hasn't made it at his present age, or are you just fucking moaning, you know, for the sake of fucking moaning as per?
Actually not moaning at all. Just stating my opinion that i think we overpaid and that its stupid to compare it to the deals for coutinho and sturridge in anyway seeing as how they've played a lot more football at a higher level. I'm not wanting him to fail obviously but think its a lot of money to pay for kid at his current level. See i can talk without swearing, you should try it sometime.

Well, we'll find out in due course whether he's good enough and how much of a gamble it was, I'm not going to worry about the semantics too much, or start making assumptions because of what he's done so far.

Well, we'll find out in due course whether he's good enough and how much of a gamble it was, I'm not going to worry about the semantics too much, or start making assumptions because of what he's done so far.

Cop out.

If you disagree with people doubting what he's going to bring tell us all why we're so wrong.

Can you justify the fee?

I have never seen the lad play so I can't justify anything really.

Unless you have actually seen him play I just find it odd how you can determine that he's not talented is all.

You may be proved right of course, maybe we have made a huge mistake, it's just a little soon to tell or even get all worked up over.

Has anyone actually seen him play, that would be interesting.

I can't even figure out what you fannies are arguing about.
The argument is whether we overpaid for Luis Alberto or not for a player who hasn't performed at the highest level.

Personally I believe that we have but it wouldn't matter because if the lad is a hit, then all and sundry will say we got him for a steal.

Cop out.

If you disagree with people doubting what he's going to bring tell us all why we're so wrong.

I never said I disagree with being cautious about the signing, I disagree with their reasoning, most have seen a youtube video and that's it, so the reasoning is shit - I'm not saying he's good or bad, but he deserves a chance before people start saying it's a waste of money . It's not a cop out at all or me saying he's going to be great, it's a cop out questioning the kid from the off because of his price tag, especially when the majority of people no fuck all one way or the other to make a decision. It's not naive or unreasonable to suggest that people actually watch the lad first before they start making assumptions. Not that it will stop anyone though, will it?

I can't wait to see this lad along side Sturridge, Suarez and Coutinho.

Our counter attacks alone are going to be fucking explosive.

Unless you have actually seen him play I just find it odd how you can determine that he's not talented is all.

You may be proved right of course, maybe we have made a huge mistake, it's just a little soon to tell or even get all worked up over.

Exactly. And let's remember, this is none of us saying he's going to be great, this is people just saying (reasonably), forget about the price tag and give him a chance before you determine whether it was a gamble worth taking.

I'm sure some sad twat will delight in pulling up this thread is he goes tits up, telling us all how stupid we are for putting faith in a player, well you know, whatever rocks your boat, must be great living in a win-win situation were either the team does well or you get to act like a completely fucking bellend.

Can you justify the fee?

Quite easily.

500_51c4c25a63758162150654.jpg

I'm sure United fans made similar arguments at the time they signed Bebe, now I'm not saying its the exact situation - but it is head scratching.

Aspas and this lad cost very similar amounts

United also signed Hernandez for around £6m, he'd scored 1 goal between 2006 and 2008 playing in the lower leagues in Mexico, before finally going on a goalscoring spree in 09/10 before signing for United. His form prior to that wasn't anything to write home about, on paper.

United also signed Hernandez for around £6m, he'd scored 1 goal between 2006 and 2008 playing in the lower leagues in Mexico, before finally going on a goalscoring spree in 09/10 before signing for United. His form prior to that wasn't anything to write home about, on paper.

But he had shown he could play at the highest level in the country he was in and was a full international at that stage.

But he had shown he could play at the highest level in the country he was in and was a full international at that stage.

In Mexico and for Mexico. I'd argue that's slightly different in terms of expectation, quality and depth. At the same age he was going through the same motions but in a less competitive environment. It's about as relevant as the Bebe point though, ie, every player is different.

In Mexico and for Mexico. I'd argue that's slightly different in terms of expectation, quality and depth. At the same age he was going through the same motions but in a less competitive environment. It's about as relevant as the Bebe point though, ie, every player is different.

It's not.

If the player is not playing at the highest level he can at his age/ in his country you're foolish not to consider why that might be.

It's not.

If the player is not playing at the highest level he can at his age/ in his country you're foolish not to consider why that might be.

Not really, not when you're talking about the current generation in Spain, there's a good depth of not just talent, but top quality players throughout. It's worth "considering" yeah, but it's not the be all and end all. We've had players who were young and considered top of an up and coming generation for their respective countries, look at Baros and Gonzalez.

OOooh, I love the rapier cut and thrust of a debate between Mark and Rosco! It reminds me of my days in the Olympic fencing team.

There is absolutely nothing in this guys short history that screams promise. He's done nothing in underage football, nothing in the first team anywhere.

He was loaned out by Sevilla who were happy to let him go for 3-4m at that point, after a seemingly good season at Barca they don't think he's worth that. Sevilla then immediately agree to sell him to us - with stories of contract disputes and disagreements with the club in the past.

He may turn out to be decent, but there is absolutely nothing in his history that suggests he's a real talent. And to cut short the arguments - Coutinho had featured in the top division in two leagues before we signed him and showed talent. Sturridge already had showed he could cut it in the Premiership.

Maybe Rodgers sees something that nobody else sees, or maybe he's preoccupied with becoming a poor mans Barcelona.

Interesting conundrum. Would you rather be a poor man's Barcelona or a rich man's Stoke.

Not every good player is an early bloomer.

Alberto reminds me of Gaizka Mendieta who played in Valencia B until age 20 and didn't have many appearances for Spain national youth teams. I think in every country there are certain types of players that they try to groom - like in Argentina every attacking player wants to be like Maradona, so they have lots of Maradona clones (that's part of the reason why their national team has struggled despite so much attacking talent - you can't have 4 Maradonas on the pitch at the same time, somebody has to carry the water). In England there are too many "poor man's Gerrards" out there and almost no Maradonas. In Spain they groom Guardiolas and Xavis in midfield - patient players who never give the ball away.

So my theory is that's why someone like Mendieta who is a more attacking and goal-scoring oriented midfielder didn't get as much attention in the national team is his early years as much as some other players who were not necessarily more talented, but closer to the type coaches were looking for. And the same might be true for Luis Alberto.

Not every good player is an early bloomer.

Alberto reminds me of Gaizka Mendieta who played in Valencia B until age 20 and didn't have many appearances for Spain national youth teams. I think in every country there are certain types of players that they try to groom - like in Argentina every attacking player wants to be like Maradona, so they have lots of Maradona clones (that's part of the reason why their national team has struggled despite so much attacking talent - you can't have 4 Maradonas on the pitch at the same time). In England midfielders usually go for the Gerrard type - there are lots of "poor man's Gerrards" out there. In Spain they groom Guardiolas and Xavis in midfield - patient players who never give the ball away.

So my theory is that's why someone like Mendieta who is a more attacking and goal-scoring oriented midfielder didn't get as much attention in the national team is his early years as much as some other players who were not necessarily more talented, but closer to the type coaches were looking for. And the same might be true for Luis Alberto.

These are sensible explanations but I think we all know he's a mermaid and that's the real issue.

Being as all ANY of you have seen is a few youtube clips, how about you all shut the fuck up and assume Mr Rodgers has invested our money well.
This isnt 20m on someone we should expect to change the world straight away, its a 7m punt on a highly regarded youngster. If he doesnt make it we will sell him to Spain for 4 to 5m so we arent really at risk here. And the only thing i have to go on is the opinions of Balague and Hunter who both seem to think the kid is hot shit, which is why we have had to cough up a few extra millions to her him.
But get him we have. So lets quit the shit and give the little lad a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom