• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Luis Alberto - SIGNED fap fap fap - Fuck you Doc Mac, fuck you right in the face'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being as all ANY of you have seen is a few youtube clips, how about you all shut the fuck up and assume Mr Rodgers has invested our money well.
This isnt 20m on someone we should expect to change the world straight away, its a 7m punt on a highly regarded youngster. If he doesnt make it we will sell him to Spain for 4 to 5m so we arent really at risk here. And the only thing i have to go on is the opinions of Balague and Hunter who both seem to think the kid is hot shit, which is why we have had to cough up a few extra millions to her him.
But get him we have. So lets quit the shit and give the little lad a chance.

6080961.jpg

Im keen to see this lad play but the price tag is curiously high for an unproven player. I hope the scouts have spotted a gem and insisted we buy, it would be a shame it he was only purchased as an optimistic punt due to his fitting a profile.

This is a similar price to what we paid for Skrtel, Agger, and Lucas among others. I can live with that sort of an outlay

Sorry for repeating myself (but obviously the point/post was missed by some).

Posted here
1. Sevilla's plan was to provide him with an opportunity to improve as a player (the DoF named some examples that benefited from this scheme employed by Sevilla). Their B team (Sevilla Atletico) were playing a division below Barca B, in Segunda B. Playing with better players, in a better league, training at better facilities under coaches from a renowned youth system. If teams come in for him, they'll make a profit. Otherwise, they will have a player ready for 1st team. As the DoF stated, they did not expect Barca B to take up the option. Even if they did, it included a 40% sell on clause, besides the €4 million fee. Sevilla have all to gain and little to lose, since Luis Alberto was contracted until 2015. Is that proven in top flight?

2. Coutinho had a bigger reputation, no doubt. But to say he impressed in top flight was a bit exaggerating. If he did *that* well, surely the fee will be higher or we would've faced stronger competition instead of the reported likes of Southampton. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he wasn't good. He did well in his loan spell at Espanyol, after failing to get regular games or even feature regularly as a sub at Inter. It was probably the goal scoring ratio there that bought about this impression. But that was the main good spell (16 appearances, 5 goals, 1 assist - played an average of 75 mins per game there). Close to 50% of his Inter Milan appearances were as substitutes. For 8 to 10 other games that he started, he was withdrawn before/slightly after the hour mark.

Luis Alberto, on the other hand, worked his way up from youth team to Segunda B (akin to English League 1) to Segunda Division (akin to English Championship). It was obvious that he did well enough at Sevilla Atletico to attract the attention of Barca B. Like I questioned before, why would they sign him if he hasn't got the talent/ability to play in their preferred system, to help them win games, to help the team improve as a group? Afterall, that's the objective of their B team. I think the lad deserves more benefit of doubt and respect. Luis Alberto may be unknown talent outside Spain but I think that's partly attributed to the lack of exposure for their lower divisions.

Why should achievement/reputation in youth football be the only/main gauge when it comes to deciding on the fee or whether the player is worth the risk? Take Barcelona's Keirrison for example. €14 million paid when he was 21 and so highly rated back then. Where's he now? (Please note I'm not comparing players, but rather stressing on the point of game reputation/experience etc.)

I think its refreshing we arent spunking extortionate amounts on young english unprovens..... surely we have learnt our lesson there.

Spending 7 million on Alberto surely makes more sense than spunking 12-15 million on someone like Tom Ince? For both we have no idea really how they will adapt to Premiership football. What we do know is that Alberto will have played in a league or against players with a greater technical ability compared to someone like Tom Ince.... So lets cut the lad some slack.

I'm confident this will prove an astute signing over time. I have every faith in Rodgers transfer policy now that they have had decent time to review players over the last year. Last summer was a case of getting in what he thought might do a job, now they have had a season to look around and pick players they really would like. I think Rodgers & Co have a decent eye for players with talent.

Sorry for repeating myself (but obviously the point/post was missed by some).

Posted here
1. Sevilla's plan was to provide him with an opportunity to improve as a player (the DoF named some examples that benefited from this scheme employed by Sevilla). Their B team (Sevilla Atletico) were playing a division below Barca B, in Segunda B. Playing with better players, in a better league, training at better facilities under coaches from a renowned youth system. If teams come in for him, they'll make a profit. Otherwise, they will have a player ready for 1st team. As the DoF stated, they did not expect Barca B to take up the option. Even if they did, it included a 40% sell on clause, besides the €4 million fee. Sevilla have all to gain and little to lose, since Luis Alberto was contracted until 2015. Is that proven in top flight?

2. Coutinho had a bigger reputation, no doubt. But to say he impressed in top flight was a bit exaggerating. If he did *that* well, surely the fee will be higher or we would've faced stronger competition instead of the reported likes of Southampton. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he wasn't good. He did well in his loan spell at Espanyol, after failing to get regular games or even feature regularly as a sub at Inter. It was probably the goal scoring ratio there that bought about this impression. But that was the main good spell (16 appearances, 5 goals, 1 assist - played an average of 75 mins per game there). Close to 50% of his Inter Milan appearances were as substitutes. For 8 to 10 other games that he started, he was withdrawn before/slightly after the hour mark.

Luis Alberto, on the other hand, worked his way up from youth team to Segunda B (akin to English League 1) to Segunda Division (akin to English Championship). It was obvious that he did well enough at Sevilla Atletico to attract the attention of Barca B. Like I questioned before, why would they sign him if he hasn't got the talent/ability to play in their preferred system, to help them win games, to help the team improve as a group? Afterall, that's the objective of their B team. I think the lad deserves more benefit of doubt and respect. Luis Alberto may be unknown talent outside Spain but I think that's partly attributed to the lack of exposure for their lower divisions.

Why should achievement/reputation in youth football be the only/main gauge when it comes to deciding on the fee or whether the player is worth the risk? Take Barcelona's Keirrison for example. €14 million paid when he was 21 and so highly rated back then. Where's he now? (Please note I'm not comparing players, but rather stressing on the point of game reputation/experience etc.)

Well can someone for the love of god tell me what makes him worth 7m ?

What's he going to do for us ?

And I don't agree Sevilla had nothing to lose, unless they don't rate this guy. If they thought he was any good they were giving him up for very little.

Are people happy because we don't know for definite already that he's shite?

Well can someone for the love of god tell me what makes him worth 7m ?

What's he going to do for us ?

And I don't agree Sevilla had nothing to lose, unless they don't rate this guy. If they thought he was any good they were giving him up for very little.

Are people happy because we don't know for definite already that he's shite?

Why judge him even before he kicks a ball for us? Who's to say he's not worth 7m then? There are more positives pointing towards him being worth that amount than not. Like @Herr Onceared mentioned, at worst, we'll sell him off at half or a fraction of that price. Don't all signings come with a risk? Did Chelsea expect Torres to turn out the way he did after his 65 leagues goals in 102 games for us? Was he not proven enough?

He has shown he's able to grab the opportunity whenever given. First with Sevilla Atletico, then with Barca B. It's the same route that the likes of Juan Mata took (after a season in Segunda Division as 2nd top goalscorer for Real Madrid Castilla to Valencia).

How do we justify the market? League 1 proven Nick Powell's move was worth £6 million. Yet Nathan Redmond, with 2 seasons of Championship football is linked with move to Norwich at £2.5 million.

Do we not know that Sevilla needs cash? If the money can ease their situation and/or be sent on a couple of players instead, does it do them any harm? Btw, as quoted in my post by you, I mentioned 'little' to lose, not 'nothing'. Who's to say they did not include a sell on clause in the sale to us? It's already mentioned that there are potential add ons.

There will be haters, doubters, non-believers, and then there will be you, proving them wrong.

So you've no idea what makes him worth 7m ?

Grand.

I'm not the one who's paying 7m. As long as those who did does, that's fine for me. Better than doubters who doubt when they haven't even seen enough of him to judge and all they do is finding reasons to question his worth, instead of having the slightest patience to wait and see how he does before moaning.

Perhaps you can enlighten us on why he's not worth 7m, based on your seemingly indepth knowledge about him.

On, and in case my English fails me, which of my posts said he is worth 7m now? All I'm asking for is a bit of faith and respect for the lad and the recruitment team.

I'm not the one who's paying 7m. As long as those who did does, that's fine for me. Better than doubters who doubt when they haven't even seen enough of him to judge and all they do is finding reasons to question his worth, instead of having the slightest patience to wait and see how he does before moaning.

I apologise for questioning the great leader. And the above argument is the usual one trotted out when we're making a decision that doesn't appear to have any justification behind it.

They must know something we don't, wait and see. Blah blah blah.

There is no good explanation for this transfer, it's a dice roll of the highest magnitude. And I really doubt we've been scouting him for a year, I'll be willing to bet we copped his assists stats this season and worked backwards. It's not the first time the club have made out they were extremely thorough only for the truth to out later

I'll never know why a Big Mac meal cost bloody £4. It tastes like shit and prolly contains shit.

But, you know what....when I'm hungry (like now), I'll happily gobble down one of 'em bad boys.

Makes no sense, does it ?

I apologise for questioning the great leader. And the above argument is the usual one trotted out when we're making a decision that doesn't appear to have any justification behind it.

They must know something we don't, wait and see. Blah blah blah.

There is no good explanation for this transfer, it's a dice roll of the highest magnitude. And I really doubt we've been scouting him for a year, I'll be willing to bet we copped his assists stats this season and worked backwards. It's not the first time the club have made out they were extremely thorough only for the truth to out later

They're not perfect. No one is. Of cos we can doubt them. But it'll be quite ridiculous for a team of people to make such a decision without any valid reason. I agree its not the 1st time such cases have occurred but I'd think the recent signings warrant more faith. Similarly, the people at Barca (for signing him on loan and playing, getting the best out of him) and Sevilla (for the fees/clauses in both the loan and sale) aren't amateur when it comes to players development.

I'll never know why a Big Mac meal cost bloody £4. It tastes like shit and prolly contains shit.

But, you know what....when I'm hungry (like now), I'll happily gobble down one of 'em bad boys now.

Makes no sense, does it ?

No what you're saying makes sense. In times when there's not a lot of good stuff going on people are willing to eat shit and think its great.

Just like they are with this deal

They're not perfect. No one is. Of cos we can doubt them. But it'll be quite ridiculous for a team of people to make such a decision without any valid reason. I agree its not the 1st time such cases have occurred but I'd think the recent signings warrant more faith. Similarly, the people at Barca (for signing him on loan and playing, getting the best out of him) and Sevilla (for the fees/clauses in both the loan and sale) aren't amateur when it comes to players development.

They aren't, they're two of the better clubs at developing and projecting players - which is why I'd be concerned neither of them want him

They aren't, they're two of the better clubs at developing and projecting players - which is why I'd be concerned neither of them want him

I think for majority of us, the reasons were plain to see. They've been repeated numerous times so I shan't bore you with it.

all i know is that all these people making early judgements both positively and negatively are big fucking whoppers, i think this burger analogy has some legs

I think for majority of us, the reasons were plain to see. They've been repeated numerous times so I shan't bore you with it.

That they have players they think are better - which when you look at Sevillas attacking options it makes you wonder

That they have players they think are better - which when you look at Sevillas attacking options it makes you wonder

You mean 25 goals Negredo? Or a team that had the 6th best attack in a 20 team league behind Real Madrid, Barcelona, At. Madrid, Real Sociedad (4th, CL qualification) and Valencia (5th, missed 4th by a point)?

No what you're saying makes sense. In times when there's not a lot of good stuff going on people are willing to eat shit and think its great.

Just like they are with this deal

And herein lies one of life's biggest conundrum.

a) Eat the shit, pile on the fat, cholesterol levels up. May or may not die of a heart attack.
b) Don't eat the burger, go hungry. May or may not starve to death.

Ooo, choices. Choices.

You mean 25 goals Negredo? Or a team that had the 6th best attack in a 20 team league behind Real Madrid, Barcelona, At. Madrid, Real Sociedad (4th, CL qualification) and Valencia (5th, missed 4th by a point)?

Yes, Negredo is all they have up front and they didn't want this lad to stay.

Perhaps you can enlighten us on why he's not worth 7m, based on your seemingly indepth knowledge about him.

All I know about him is he's a pace less attacking player not wanted by Barca or Sevilla who has done nothing of note in a decent division or even in underage internationals.

Now I know nothing about Jairo Samperio either. But as a 19 year old, he's just been bought by Sevilla for 2.5m and his pedigree is arguably better than Alberto's.

Now I know nothing about Jairo Samperio either. But as a 19 year old, he's just been bought by Sevilla for 2.5m and his pedigree is arguably better than Alberto's.

And a player who plays in a different position, brought in to buff up the right flanks options after Navas' departure.

I'm getting the feeling it's like they're trading stock options, they've seen a bit of potential and gone in early securing the possibility of a later gain, but risking having to offload later at a 'limited' loss, and there is your risk figure, the difference between purchase and sale which is unlikely to be 100% of purchase price, unless he ends up a crack whore selling his ass down the docks and has to be released by the club for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom