• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Man City (H) 3-2, Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I caught up with the extended highlights on Sky and while I have always admired Neville's balanced commentary it seems to me that the closer we get to number nineteen the less impartial he is becoming.

As a woman, and especially as one who prefers more masculine guys, I have to say Stevie's tears and emotions with the team were the hottest thing ever.

I caught up with the extended highlights on Sky and while I have always admired Neville's balanced commentary it seems to me that the closer we get to number nineteen the less impartial he is becoming.

Totally agree Count. He seems very keen to have penalties awarded against us.

Once a cunt always a cunt. Don't get lured.

Totally agree Count. He seems very keen to have penalties awarded against us.

Once a cunt always a cunt. Don't get lured.

And not so keen on us getting them any more.
Despite admitting that Kompany twice pulled/dragged on Suarez in the penalty area Clatenburg was right to not to give the penalty because of Luis's theatrics

LOL yeah I was saying that during the game. He's really fucking scared now.

10245541_10152471027737573_9030750518760546111_n.jpg

Coutinho looks like he's being mugged by Simple Jack.

Dear oh dear. What a day, what a game.

From being ecstatic at the 2nil lead to the despair of City getting it back to 2-2 to the shock and delight at Wee Phil hitting the winner and finally the sheer relief and joy at the final whistle.
Suffice to say tears were shed throughout.

What a Football Club we support!!! Lets fucking do this Redmen!!!

Apologies if it's been mentioned already but thought Pellegrini was a class act in defeat. Shook hands with every Liverpool he could as the players walked down the tunnel. Didn't make a big deal about the decisions that went against CIty either.

Contrast that to that horrible Portugese cunt who walked straight down the tunnel at FT without shaking the opposition Manager's hand(and his team won) and decided not to bother talking to the media after the game.

What a match - lived up to expectation for the neutrals (if there is such a thing).

I was nearly in heart attack mode in the first 3 pages of the match thread so hopped off and watched it with the old man. Not sure if it made it harder or easier but I lived.

Ming - singlehandedly aged me ten years in 5 minutes at the end of the first half and then produced one of the saves of the season. He could really help us to glory but he may kills us first. Don't know if it's a lack of athleticism or what but he's got to learn how to come for crosses and corners.

Johnson - Outstanding IMO. Nothing at half pace - he raced up and back at full sprint and never looked like breaking into a jog. He and Coutinho make a good combination. Some saying it was an own goal which would be unbelievably harsh. Could do with some work on his crossing - needs to execute at the right time.

Skrtel - Thought he was unbelievable. Got done horribly by Serge but otherwise he was immense. His goal scoring has become something special and will be part of the seasons folklore when people talk about what won us the title in years to come.

Sakho - Something has definitely happened to his pace - he looks like he's running with a leg in a cast. His passing was accurate but I was constantly waiting for him to make a mistake. Much more assured in the air and 100% committed but offered up a stone wall pen which would have been given at any other ground in the country.

Flanagan - Did much better than I feared he would. Had a lot to deal with and didn't have Sterling living with him to help out which surprised me. Stood up manfully, one crunching tackle on Milner will stay in the memory and his overlapping was excellent. Also provided an outlet with purpose and gave City plenty of their own concerns.

Gerrard - Don't think we'll ever see another like him. Was immense when they got it to 2-2. Some of his blocks (the one on Dzeko was incredible) were fabulous and I've not seen him move that fast for that long in several seasons. Didn't play the Hollywood specials but then he didn't need to - kept it beautifully simple and controlled.

Coutinho - Was something special in that first 45 minutes - running, tackling and probing. Couple of shots that were abysmal and therein lies his issue. Can pick a wonder pass cause it's instinctual - sees it and plays it in the same second. His two shots in the first half he had all day to think about and they weren't even park football standard. Then scores with an instinctual strike, hitting it perfectly when he's got no time to think about it.

Hendo - Thought this was a perfect game for him. The cutting edge was elsewhere - he provided the graft and hard work and did so in spades. Very rash red which I still think was slightly harsh but understandable. Will be sorely missed in our travels over next 4 weeks.

Sterling - Best performance of the season from him and MoM for me. Cut them to pieces, combined technical excellence with hard work, pace and passion. The goal was awesome but his work throughout the match was top notch and terrorised them in the midfield.

Sturridge - I thought our poorest performer. Put on a plate for him in the first half and missed it, took the wrong option too many times and constantly looks like he's trying to find a way to go to ground in the area. Really pissing me off.

Suarez - Superb ball for Sterling, worked his socks off again but was off the pace a little. Badly wanted him to score but think his "offside efforts" in the 2nd half helped us come back into it. Hope he and Sturridge (if he's fit) can find their mojo quickly.

Rodgers - needed to change it early in the 2nd half but waited too long. Loved his line up at the start and the way he worked Sterling into the game as well as his subs at the end. Ultimately got the right result but thought he was too slow and seemingly caught unawares and sitting on his hands in the 2nd half. He's top of the league though and got seemingly everything else right.

Was watching ESPNFC tonight, this graphic just came up. Snapped a picture real quick, but there's probably a better version floating around somewhere.

2014-04-13%2023.09.15.jpg

Was watching ESPNFC tonight, this graphic just came up. Snapped a picture real quick, but there's probably a better version floating around somewhere.

2014-04-13%2023.09.15.jpg

Goddamn 'Muricans...can't even take a proper screenshot ;)

Stevie Nicol was giving it his all trying not to gloat too much.

I watched in on tape and still almost had a heart attack (I took care not to find out the result). Sometimes defeat leaves you numb; but this time I feel totally drained of all thoughts or emotions after a win. Only an image of Stevie in my head...

Oh yeah, and Coutinho's a genius. And Sterling too.

I could've strangled Coutinho after he dragged that shot wide instead of playing in one of Suarez and Sturridge in the first half and then he goes and pulls out a shot like that to win the game. Did not see that one coming!

The reason IMO is that in that first half incident he had time to think, whereas for the goal he didn't. In fairness he's not the first player, nor will he be the last, who's at his best when he has to react rather than decide.

Distance travelled (miles): Raheem Sterling (7.1), Samir Nasri (7.1), David Silva (7.0), Steven Gerrard (7.0), Fernandinho (7.0).

Top speed (mph): Raheem Sterling (21.3), Vincent Kompany (21.1), Jesus Navas (20.8), Daniel Sturridge (20.7), Steven Gerrard (20.3).
Liverpool by numbers

93 - Liverpool have scored 93 (and counting) goals this season, their best goals tally for 50 years. In 1963-64 they scored 92 on their way to winning the league.

56 - Liverpool are used to making fast starts. They have scored 56 first-half goals this season, 19 more than the next best team - Man City (37).

49 - Liverpool are prolific in the first half of matches, but City are better after the break. They have scored 49 goals (and counting) in the second half of games this season.

17 - Passes in the build-up for Man City’s first goal.

7 - Goals scored by Martin Skrtel this season, more than any other defender.

COUTINHO

article-2603630-1D14420500000578-593_634x454.jpg

GERRARD

article-2603630-1D1440FB00000578-169_634x453.jpg

FIRST HALF

article-2603630-1D13E9C800000578-500_634x441.jpg

Fuck me. Watched motd2 this morning & still couldn't enjoy until the celebration at the end.

I was still shitting myself when their first when in, & feeling anxious as all fuck trying to will us to score when they'd equalised.

That's ridiculous, only the 05 cl final normally makes me do that (I'm still convinced dudek isn't gonna make *that* save, or that one of those many Carra sliding blocks is gonna fall short). I think I'm broken.

That was fucking ace yesterday!

Watched the game in the pub and it was the first time I had seen a minutes silence impeccably observed in a boozer. I was still sober enough to take in our glorious first half display, but then the booze kicked in and helped me through our second half wobble...................Perfect!

Proceeded to get wankered, get a maccy d's and then chuck up..................But for once it was indeed a super Sunday!

Fuck me. Watched motd2 this morning & still couldn't enjoy until the celebration at the end.

I was still shitting myself when their first when in, & feeling anxious as all fuck trying to will us to score when they'd equalised.

That's ridiculous, only the 05 cl final normally makes me do that (I'm still convinced dudek isn't gonna make *that* save, or that one of those many Carra sliding blocks is gonna fall short). I think I'm broken.

Glad it's not just me who finds that with the Istanbul miracle. :D

I was stuck in a small village on top of a hill in Piedmont - near Torino.

With 15 minutes to kick off the group where smashing magnums of Barolo in a little restaurant with no TV, let alone Sky Italia - and all Aussies with no interest in watching the game.

No internet on my phone either.

I was at the point of asking for the keys, going back to our van and going old school on the radio - surely BBC World Service would have it.

Then came the moment of glory. In a moment of desperation, the waiter gets asked where I can watch the game - he shakes his head, my heart sinks - "uno momento".

He disappears..... and returns shortly after waving at me to follow him - he takes me upstairs to the cafe and ushers me behind the counter..... where I find a laptop logged in to Sky Italia, streaming the game!!!!!

I stood there, behind the counter smashing beers & a bottle if Dolcetto- the waiter, a Juventes fan (respect) cheering on the mighty reds with me.

A few diners got a shock when I let off a few yelps of delight....

I'll never forget the experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom