• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Man City (H) - Sun 15:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
It’s the game we’ve been looking at for weeks now. Key players are back, but possibly some injuries in that game tonight.

I’m predicting Ibu is out.

My team would be this. Feel bad for Elliot who has been great, but Szobo is a better CM and i also dislike having two super left footed players on the right

Kelleher

Bradley
Quansah
Virgil
Robbo

Endo
Macca
Szobo

Salah
Nunez
Diaz

I think Mo will start to ensure we start as well as possible.

Maybe Gomez will be one of the RB or CB roles.

Kelleher

Bradders
Gomez
Van Dijk
Robbo

Endo
Macca
Szobo

Gakpo
Nunez
Diaz

I left Salah out because I don't think he's ready for 90 minutes. He just got back after being out for a basically a month and we still need to manage his minutes. Impact sub appearance imo.
Don't think Klopp trusts Quansah against City and Gomez usually does well when partnered with Van Dijk. Experience is also a factor.

Last edited:
Quansah at CB and Gomez at LB. I’m seriously starting to worry about Robbo - he might be following in Hendo and Fabinho’s footsteps…

Gomez at CB is a good back up if needed.
I’d start Salah. We have to score first in this game.

Salah will start, I have no doubt about it.

Harder to tell with Szobo - I thought he played very cautiously after he came on, but the game kind of forced him to open up and it was good to see him at his creative best by the end. Still not sure he has the stamina to start, but do we have a better alternative?

Harder to tell with Szobo - I thought he played very cautiously after he came on, but the game kind of forced him to open up and it was good to see him at his creative best by the end. Still not sure he has the stamina to start, but do we have a better alternative?
You're that sure of it?

why do we have score first ? we are the come back kings ..as long as we score more than them .. will do me (y) i

If we continue playing in the back as we have lately - relying on Kelleher and really bang average (at best) finishing from opposing teams - Man City will tear us a new one ... I would take a draw if offered - I think we're in for a tough tough game.

We're at Anfield, people. We've played better teams than Man C and made them look like mugs. The boys will need the backing of Anfield. The more hostile the crowd is against City the better.

I think football wise both teams will match each other. Since City are behind us, I am hoping that Pep fucks it up and ends up making some complicated tactics for this.

We should psychologically test their resolve. Initially press the hell out of then, after 25-30 mins, we should hit them on the counter and try to control game whenever possible. They are susceptible at counter this season.

I can already feel it being one of those really stressful games to watch.

Definitely would feel better with Konate at CB and Joemez at LB, especially because i feel that Virgil and Konate between them physically dominate Haaland and give him very little to work with.

Their midfield kills me, Rodri and De bruyne are fantastic. They’ll probably have Stones getting involved, play Bernardo for Doku and have someone else in mid as well. That’s a crowd. We can’t sleep on Foden too.

Still feel that we can win this though

Midfield is gonna be a real problem simply because of their overwhelming quality.

Endo Mac Szobo all gonna have their work cut out on Sunday. Outwork, out hustle, rough them up, get in their faces, no time on the ball. That has to be the game plan.

& if Ibou is out then that's another big problem, that means either Gomez at CB (yikes) or Quansah (after today I'm very worried).

Been evident for about a year.
There were some signs, but also Robbo was able to mask it to an extent with his fight and attitude. But now he simply doesn’t have the legs to get back in position, so he needs to become a stay-at-home left-back or he’ll be a huge liability.

the same Szobo who joined and won the team lactate test? I think his stamina is fine

Midfield is gonna be a real problem simply because of their overwhelming quality.

Endo Mac Szobo all gonna have their work cut out on Sunday. Outwork, out hustle, rough them up, get in their faces, no time on the ball. That has to be the game plan.

& if Ibou is out then that's another big problem, that means either Gomez at CB (yikes) or Quansah (after today I'm very worried).

Hopefully they still leave the back door open like they did against United

--------------------------Kelleher
-----Bradley - - Konate---VVD----Gomez
-----------------------------Endo
--------------Szoboslai - - - Mac Allister
Salah-------------------Nunez - - - - - - - - - - Diaz

Fitness permitting. If there's a chance they can, they should all start. It's a six pointer and we simply cannot afford to lose this one.

I share the concerns about Robertson, especially from tonight. His boots looked stuck in treacle.

It's a game where we will need Anfield to be dialed up to the max.

The atmosphere will probably be up to 11, there’s a few lads in that side i hope will be able to channel it the right way and not get overly excited.

Quansah at CB and Gomez at LB. I’m seriously starting to worry about Robbo - he might be following in Hendo and Fabinho’s footsteps…
Yep I agree 100%. Robbo was awful yesterday and played the full 90 mins. Both comments apply to Gakpo too. Both benched for me. Also we have a forward minded RB in Bradley and Szobo to help him out - far better than Elliott in that regard.
Mo will start, he was bombing up and down the pitch yesterday once he came on.

-------------------------- Kelleher

Bradley ------ Quansah ------- VvD ------ Gomez

--------------------------- Endo

------------ Szobo -------------------- Macca

---- Salah --------------- Nunez ---------------- Diaz

I'd feel so much better if Konate is fit to start. Otherwise with a not fully match fit Mo. and Szobo (neither of whom will last the 90 mins) and Bradley and Quansah we have an inexperienced right side of defence and ahead of them 2 players not at full fitness.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom