• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Man City v Liverpool Match Thread CHAMPIONS league

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was onside when initially played by a man city player. Everything after then is irrelevant, position wise

I don't understand the offside rule at all. If the opposition player plays the ball "on purpose" towards the other player, it can't be offside? Why would Milner do that? It's so murky.

30531528_1217309885038737_4633600002428502016_o.jpg

Brendan - I think Bobby moved left as it was evident Salah wasn't 100% and Klopp preferred to limit his exertion up front while Sane and Bobby did the dirty work.

I don't understand the offside rule at all. If the opposition player plays the ball "on purpose" towards the other player, it can't be offside? Why would Milner do that? It's so murky.
It's only in the last 3 months (since the spurs game) that's it's been debated

Milner might not have meant that pass, but he definitely deliberately tried to hit the ball with his foot.

It's fucking thick and shit and daft

A lot of credit has to go to Salah for the firmino goal. Otamendi was going to pass back to the goalie it looked like and salah saw that and started to move forward. Otamendi then saw Salah move so he changed his mind and had nowhere to pass as Salah was also blocking a defender. So he was limited and took too long which gave firmino the opportunity to get the ball.

Ref was an idiot. Thank god Salah was there because I don’t think he would have given it.

We didn't get anything from him the Whole night (except that offside decision which was crucial but given by linesman). But that was ok, not too much complaints about those situation where we were outmuscled and I think we understood early we wouldn't get anything so we just had to play on. VvD could have had a freekick, but he pretty much fucked that situation up himself. A few other similar situations, but this is football so no probs. Of course irritating that City got a few situations their way which felt unjusted (Mane vs Otamendi and Firmino booking) but that was jsut cheating anyway so the ref was fooled.

Worth the wait...

Lovely stuff Brendan.

by the end it looked like we had a Cave Troll playing in defence, as tiny humans in blue shirts swarmed around him like gnats, and he swatted everything aside with malicious intent

Sadly, I can see most clubs goong that way. Sanitised corporate experience. As long as we can hold onto our traditions and identity for as long as possible the better.

So apparently if we win Big Ears Coutinho can receive a medal- it is in Klopp's gift to decide if he gives him it.

Klopp should tell him that Klavan's eaten the medal and he will have to wait for him to shit it back out. 'Here's a stool, a bucket and some gloves - enjoy'.

He was onside when initially played by a man city player. Everything after then is irrelevant, position wise

Why is "everything after irrelevant"? Karius cleared the ball from the move where Sane was onside, it hit Milner and came back to Sane who was in an offside position. The only question is, did Milner play Sane onside?

I guess it is down to interpretion at times if the player intends to play the ball or not as in the Spurs game where Kane was offside on the first pass and a possible Lovren touch didn't change direction or intent of the play. But in this case noone can argue that the pass comes from Milner and hence he is onside.

Why is "everything after irrelevant"? Karius cleared the ball from the move where Sane was onside, it hit Milner and came back to Sane who was in an offside position. The only question is, did Milner play Sane onside?

In my view, he was offside unless one's claims that Milner's intention was to pass the ball back to Karius but I've heard all sorts today. A bit like Lovren's touch on Calvert-Lewin, and then the touch on Lallana-- both given as penalties but the shrill interpretation in the former gave way to "it's a contact sport" in the latter. Until football decides which is which VAR is pointless.

Aparrantly Spurs have written to Uefa to request our second last night is awarded to Kane as he changed his drool bib at the exact moment Firmino scored.

In my view, I thought he was offside unless Milner's intention was to pass the ball back to Karius but I've heard all sorts today.

As long as he was onside on the original pass from the City player I Guess he never benefitted from an offside position anyway. So when Our guys started to pass it around between them With no City player invovled he would never be offside.

In my view, I thought he was offside unless Milner's intention was to pass the ball back to Karius but I've heard all sorts today.

I thought that's the way it used to be but now I think Milner's intention as to where he's playing it, doesn't matter. If he intentionally plays the ball at all, he plays him onside.

I thought that's the way it used to be but now I think Milner's intention as to where he's playing it, doesn't matter. If he intentionally plays the ball at all, he plays him onside.
I think that's a fair enough point. I wonder if the linesman thought the ball came from a City player?

...I don't get your argument. If the linesman believes a city player passed it forward, sane is off. As it was milner, by the letter of the law he was onside because we gave him the ball.

Milner, regardless if he meant to pass it to sane, made an action like he intended to kick the ball. That's a deliberate attempt to play the ball

Doesn't matter how shit a touch it was, he meant to touch it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom