• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Man United (A) - Sunday 15:30

I saw a video today that showed these near misses in the games we drew.

- Gravy crossbar vs Brighton
- Trent crossbar vs Arsenal
- Darwin open goal vs Luton
- Diaz 1v1 vs City

The title race shouldnt be close. This doesn’t even touch on the Spurs VAR, Arsenal handball, Doku high boot BS either.

I’m sure Arsenal & City have similar, but no way to this scale. It’s natural to have games where you just can’t make chances or the opposition play a blinder. These are all in games we were on top and wasted many big and easy chances.

Well, don’t forget the dumb errors we made as we’re doing this

Becker v City
Becker/VVD v Arsenal
Q v United

It’s nuts that we’re equal on points with Arsenal at the top considering how often we shoot ourselves in the foot this season

Well, don’t forget the dumb errors we made as we’re doing this

Becker v City
Becker/VVD v Arsenal
Q v United

It’s nuts that we’re equal on points with Arsenal at the top considering how often we shoot ourselves in the foot this season
Harvey v Luton.

Yeah, but its a bit different for a player that has the most big chances created in the league and 6th highest expected assists.
Its hard to argue about how much involved that player is even if people seem to think he’s anonymous.

He just isnt.
Nobody has said 'annonymous'. We've said 'wasteful'. Completely different discussion.

Nobody has said 'annonymous'. We've said 'wasteful'. Completely different discussion.

For the season his xG is 17,35 and he has scored 17. But I can agree that he has been wasteful after his injury although that doesn't change his contribution this season and amount of goals/assists, imho.

Well Stats as opposed to in my view Salah is shit cos I say so and want own my confirmation bias ?

It feels like chances need to be on a plate for mo now, as opposed to other years where he would burst past people and slot in. How many times this season have we seem him actively struggle to get past a centre back in a foot race? It feels a lot.

He's still effective, it just doesn't feel like he's as effective in the same ways he used to be. Similar to how mane started to struggle, then we moved him to a false 9 and he was great again.

I don't feel mo should be a winger for us next season. If he stays and it is amorim; the floaty 10 position could work for him. More creative, more involved in build up, but can still potentially go on to the half spaces

Well Stats as opposed to in my view Salah is shit cos I say so and want own my confirmation bias ?
Not sure who you're aiming that at, but are you pretending that he's not been brutal is a few of our most recent matches..?

I don't think he's shite, and have never said that... I do think he's no longer the player we all want him to be, and I think that's obvious in his performances... Doesn't mean I don't appreciate that he's been world class for us or that I think that he cannot contribute in the future. Just means he's now far less of a factor in many games.

Really don't understand why that stance - which I consider reasonable - is met with such hostility by some.

Last edited:
Not sure who you're aiming that at, but are you pretending that he's been brutal is a few of our most recent matches..?

I don't think he's shite, and have never said that... I do think he's no longer the player we all want him to be, and I think that's obvious in his performances... Doesn't mean I don't appreciate that he's been world class for us or that I think that he cannot contribute in the future. Just means he's now far less of a factor in many games.

Really don't understand why that stance - which I consider reasonable - is met with such hostility by some.

Stats say he's good. So he's good.

It was that kind of logic that got us buying Stewart downing of course, but let's not worry too much

This idea that he is having a peak season because of the stats is odd to me.

You have to watch a video of every single touch Salah made in a season. Every pass good and bad, every single shot, every single run.

What season do you want to watch? This one?! If we had Salah from 4 years ago in the side we'd be dicking on the league. Football isn't that complicated. If Salah AND Nunez could run in behind the game is easier for the entire team.

Not sure who you're aiming that at, but are you pretending that he's not been brutal is a few of our most recent matches..?

Why do you assume it's aimed at you? I'm not pretending anything, but are you again ignoring the game before where wasn't great but still scored a goal + assist through Ramadan. I think your level of brutal and mine are different. Maybe also I'm going to cut him some slack because guess what? If we drop Salah, who do we bring in? Just be a bit realistic maybe...

As stated by a few, the point is not what he was because it's pointless doing that. What does he offer now? Is he better than we have and what level is he likely to be next season?

I think there is a feeling Salah can do no right in SCM, the level of derision a player of his history and status who has delivered and is delivering still is a bit embarrassing in my own view.
Not sure what hostility you are referring to, no need to take this personally.

Last edited:
Hey, remember that time I asked who you were aiming your response at..? That's because I wasn't assuming it was aimed at me. That's why I asked the question.

You're proving my point in your next sentence... He scored but 'wasn't great'. That's been much more common these past couple of years than it was before, and that's all I'm saying. And, you're agreeing, based on your own words. And I've never used the 'if he goes, who do we bring in next' excuse to stick with somebody that's so obviously slowing down (I mean that in relation to a summer move, not in relation to our last 7 matches in the league...).

We have to persist with him this year. After that, not necessarily. He still has something to offer, but it's diminishing in front of our eyes, and if somebody offers silly money for him in July, we'd be idiots to not consider it.

And I mean hostility to the argument, not the poster... There are some here who absolutely refuse to see any loss of pace or danger in Mo's game, as if they're taking it personally that others feel that way. They won't entertain any viewpoint but their own, that Mo is the king of the world. That stance is just as foolish as those you claim think he can do nothing right, wouldn't you agree?

... There are some here who absolutely refuse to see any loss of pace or danger in Mo's game,

This is the reason the debate is tiresome. As much as one side apparently sees no good in mo (even though repeatedly people have said good things, but raised valid counter points), the other side gives zero ground. Stats are the be all end all, regardless how his performances are. It's in the media, it's from our fans, it's from other fans; but no. We're all universally incorrect as Mo's having his 2nd best season with us

Hey, remember that time I asked who you were aiming your response at..? That's because I wasn't assuming it was aimed at me. That's why I asked the question.

You're proving my point in your next sentence... He scored but 'wasn't great'. That's been much more common these past couple of years than it was before, and that's all I'm saying. And, you're agreeing, based on your own words. And I've never used the 'if he goes, who do we bring in next' excuse to stick with somebody that's so obviously slowing down (I mean that in relation to a summer move, not in relation to our last 7 matches in the league...).

We have to persist with him this year. After that, not necessarily. He still has something to offer, but it's diminishing in front of our eyes, and if somebody offers silly money for him in July, we'd be idiots to not consider it.

And I mean hostility to the argument, not the poster... There are some here who absolutely refuse to see any loss of pace or danger in Mo's game, as if they're taking it personally that others feel that way. They won't entertain any viewpoint but their own, that Mo is the king of the world. That stance is just as foolish as those you claim think he can do nothing right, wouldn't you agree?
Not sure what you are on about proving point as my point was about having reasonable realistic expectations of a player...
Did you expect the same Mo we signed though? Did you not expect a slow down after 6th season it is for now. I think you have again missed the original point, no player is perfect and no player is beyond slow down with age. I honestly don't know what you are expecting out of a 32yr old Mo who has continually delivered.
I think you are kind of negating your own points though, one hand you are saying some some won't entertain anything other than Mo is king but then in your own way you are, don't you think there is much to be continually moaning about how rubbish he is when there isn't a much better alternative right with 8 games to go (not focussed on you this before finger pointing again!) ? Wouldn't you agree? What would you really like out of all this? Some people can go on about what they want now and end of the season but it's unlikely anything will change unless Mo wants to go.
Mo is still King of the world though.
I'm just glad he never missed that penalty on Sunday, just imagine if he had...

Last edited:
Not sure what you are on about proving point as my point was about having reasonable realistic expectations of a player...
Did you expect the same Mo we signed though? Did you not expect a slow down after 6th season it is for now. I think you have again missed the original point, no player is perfect and no player is beyond slow down with age. I honestly don't know what you are expecting out of a 32yr old Mo who has continually delivered.
I think you are kind of negating your own points though, one hand you are saying some some won't entertain anything other than Mo is king but then in your own way you are, don't you think there is much to be continually moaning about how rubbish he is when there isn't a much better alternative right with 8 games to go (not focussed on you this before finger pointing again!) ? Wouldn't you agree? What would you really like out of all this? Some people can go on about what they want now and end of the season but it's unlikely anything will change unless Mo wants to go.
Mo is still King of the world though.
I'm just glad he never missed that penalty on Sunday, just imagine if he had...
Me too. But that's because it's in LFC's best interests that he score it, not so I can advance my own narrative on this silly site the following week...

And you ask what I expect? I expect not perfection, but common sense and unselfishness. That's all. Put the team ahead of your wants. Pass when it's the best option. Don't be trying things that haven't works for 2 seasons now. It can't always be about you, especially when you're not getting it done like you used to. I don't think that's too much to hope for. Sadly, at times, it seems that Mo does.

Me too. But that's because it's in LFC's best interests that he score it, not so I can advance my own narrative on this silly site the following week...

And you ask what I expect? I expect not perfection, but common sense and unselfishness. That's all. Put the team ahead of your wants. Pass when it's the best option. Don't be trying things that haven't works for 2 seasons now. It can't always be about you, especially when you're not getting it done like you used to. I don't think that's too much to hope for. Sadly, at times, it seems that Mo does.
Would you not agree his assists over this season shows he does pass and often the killer pass? Surely that says he is unselfish or is that another stat we are supposed to ignore.

It feels like chances need to be on a plate for mo now, as opposed to other years where he would burst past people and slot in. How many times this season have we seem him actively struggle to get past a centre back in a foot race? It feels a lot.

He's still effective, it just doesn't feel like he's as effective in the same ways he used to be. Similar to how mane started to struggle, then we moved him to a false 9 and he was great again.

I don't feel mo should be a winger for us next season. If he stays and it is amorim; the floaty 10 position could work for him. More creative, more involved in build up, but can still potentially go on to the half spaces
Hard to argue against this point but he’s still our best attacker by some distance and will be next year if he’s here.

This is the reason the debate is tiresome. As much as one side apparently sees no good in mo (even though repeatedly people have said good things, but raised valid counter points), the other side gives zero ground. Stats are the be all end all, regardless how his performances are. It's in the media, it's from our fans, it's from other fans; but no. We're all universally incorrect as Mo's having his 2nd best season with us
I’m one of MO’s biggest fans and it’s clear as fucking day he’s lost some pace and ability to be threat on his own. My stance has always been it doesn’t matter as he’s contributing the same if not more in other ways now. He was always a bit shit at certain parts. His passes to create big changes has gone through roof and he’s still scoring heaps.

I’m one of MO’s biggest fans and it’s clear as fucking day he’s lost some pace and ability to be threat on his own. My stance has always been it doesn’t matter as he’s contributing the same if not more in other ways now. He was always a bit shit at certain parts. His passes to create big changes has gone through roof and he’s still scoring heaps.

He’s not contributing the same. Hes scored 12 non penalty goals, which is the same as Chris Wood, one more than Nunez and two more than Richarlison.

Obviously it would be great if other attackers got more for us. But he isn’t at the same level, period.

He’s not contributing the same. Hes scored 12 non penalty goals, which is the same as Chris Wood, one more than Nunez and two more than Richarlison.

Obviously it would be great if other attackers got more for us. But he isn’t at the same level, period.
You can’t discard penalties! He’s contributing the same. Period. Despite slowing down.

It is hard to argue get here you have been all year arguing it 🤣
No I haven’t. I’ve always said he’s our best attacker and is still put up the important numbers, which is he has week in week out despite what the naysayers think.

This is also the same problem witn stats, selective. Woods has a single assist all season
He’s also having a great season by his standards. Salah I’d second in the race for golden boat and second behind Nunez by 1 for assists.

The real question that matters is what is Chris Woods goal to xG ratio.

If his xG is lower than 12, he's automatically the best striker in the world.

Worth a try.

....Not that I'd know what any strikers XG was anyway, as I'm not a fucking gimp.

I don't really understand what xG is and I don't care enough to find out, but obviously Salah isn't the same player as he was a few years ago. No point pretending otherwise.

I'd still like us to keep him though, because he is still a great player and I prefer him to all of our other forwards. He's still our top scorer, and remember he has been injured too.

He's probably does need to change his role slightly, if only to prolong his career. But we will have a new manager and a new system, so it's the perfect time to do that.

Back
Top Bottom