• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Managers that changed teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
My definition is correct, I can see how it would cause you difficulties given you think all footballers are the same speed.

No, no, I acknowledge the hundred or so who are exceptions to the rule, but that's not evidence, apparently.

It's like David Hume said, "All swans are white. Any black ones are exceptions to the rule".

Maths I'd imagine

I suppose what would need to be done would be to find out how much each of the individual teams spent on transfers. Then you'd find the average of this. Then what you'd do is find the variance between the mean spend and what each team spent. Then you'd square each of the variances and find the average of all of the squares. Then you'd square root this. This will give you the standard deviation.

Repeat the same for the wages.

Repeat the same for the total points tally.

Repeat all processes for previous years.

Analyse to see the correlation between the standard deviation in transfer spending, wage bill and points total.

If you're right, this should prove it.

Go!

I'll repeat the line.

Nowadays with the coaching badges that everyone has to take there's less of a difference between managers. Now that all the backroom teams are full of qualified professionals to deal with every aspect of the game , there's less a manager can and needs to bring to the table - particularly in terms of preparing a team.

That line just blows your whole argument away.

It's not that managers don't make any positive difference. It's that there isn't much difference between the managers in the Premier League.

It's like saying Goalkeepers don't make any "positive difference".

Ross: "There's no evidence that in the Premiership, when equalising for other factors, that goalkeepers make any positive difference to your team."

You could go on making bullshit statements like that all day.

I'll repeat the line.

There's no evidence that in the Premiership, when equalising for other factors, that managers make any positive difference to their team. Ferguson and Wenger being the exceptions. And it's thought that they make their difference through shrewd purchases and sales.

Also, Ferguson and Wenger being the exceptions, Scottish and French managers are useless in the Premier League. duh.

I think it was Oncy who said something a few years back (in relation to God knows what) that ..."if you're making an argument which everyone else, every single other person on the site, thinks is fucking absurd, then you're probably incorrect".

Aye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom