• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

mansfield vs Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing i still get worked up about is the people defending divers with the lame arguments that contact was made or he was avoiding injury.
Bollock. Lets just call them dives and accept it and move on.

if you watch the build up to the famous Suarez handball against Ghana, Ghana were awarded a free kick where there was no contact whatsoever. To make matters worse, there wee two quite clear offsides on the actual free kick - one when it was delivered, and one when it was headed on. All 3 calls were missed, and the correct call was made when Suarez handballed on the line. You win some, you lose some. It's football.

I kind of, but don't wholly agree with Oncy. "Contact" isn't ALWAYS a foul. Football is a contact sport. End of. However, "contact" that knocks an opponent of his stride with no intent to play the ball has to be a foul. Even if the contact is very slight, when there's running and momentum changes involved, a slight "clip" becomes a lot more damaging.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frnyf666z0s

Here is link the angelic Messi scoring with his hand, and no, he wasn't trying to ''high five the goalie, and he has been picking up that Ballon d'Or thingy ever since and is FIFA's darling

That's as big a 'cheat' as anything Suarez has ever done on the pitch. No one is disputing that I reckon.

My main reason for posting about Suarez yesterday was because it seemed that posters were genuinely surprised about the lack of media love for Suarez, when it's ever so obvious why they have a freaking field day whenever he's even in the slightest of wrongs now, because of his generel antics on the pitch and his history as one who's not exactly always following the rules.

We still love him to bits of course, he's an incredible player and he's ours, but one doesn't rule out the other, you can be disappointed in your own players too without falling out of love with them.

I believe there was more than a few Messi fans who wasn't exactly delighted to see that goal of his either.

PS What actually annoys me the most about Suarez, if I have to be picky, is the fact he's very often slating teammates, waving his arms into the air, acting like a spoiled child. Someone (Gerrard) should ask him to shut up when he decides lays into Sterling or Enrique or someone else for the tenth time during a match. At least in my opinion.

PS What actually annoys me the most about Suarez, if I have to be picky, is the fact he's very often slating teammates, waving his arms into the air, acting like a spoiled child. Someone (Gerrard) should ask him to shut up when he decides lays into Sterling or Enrique or someone else for the tenth time during a match. At least in my opinion.

It seems harsh on the pitch - but I noticed how Sterling celebrated his goal against Sunderland etc ... He demands things from his teammates, and you can tell it's just because he's a winner (Gerrard is famous for his scowl too at teammates too) and wants things done perfectly (which is why he looks gutted every time he fucks up too - which is often!)

Gerrard should tell someone to stop moaning at team mates?

All his team mates are shitcunts. Hes right to strop and be exasperated. Its like teaching 5 year olds astro-physics getting that bunch of wankers to kick a fucking pigskin in a chosen direction.
If i was him id wedgy the fuck out of them in the tunnel.

It seems harsh on the pitch - but I noticed how Sterling celebrated his goal against Sunderland etc ... He demands things from his teammates, and you can tell it's just because he's a winner (Gerrard is famous for his scowl too at teammates too) and wants things done perfectly (which is why he looks gutted every time he fucks up too - which is often!)
One thing is to demand a lot from your teammates, that's a good thing, another is how you express your sentiment. I don't like Suarez' way of doing it is all.

Also, as it can be a rather hefty environment for a young player in the Premiership, you'd perhaps often gain more from using the 'carrot approach' rather than the whip? (Shelvey excepted, he probably would only register it if someone's actually kicked him over the shins).

Anyways it's just my opinion about his teammate approach, I am not going to make a fuss about it, just wondered if anyone else had noticed this and felt it to be over the top at times.

One thing is to demand a lot from your teammates, that's a good thing, another is how you express your sentiment. I don't like Suarez' way of doing it is all.

Also, as it can be a rather hefty environment for a young player in the Premiership, you'd perhaps often gain more from using the 'carrot approach' rather than the whip? (Shelvey excepted, he probably would only register it if someone's actually kicked him over the shins).

Anyways it's just my opinion about his teammate approach, I am not going to make a fuss about it, just wondered if anyone else had noticed this and felt it to be over the top at times.

Watch Sterling's celebration after his goal against Sunderland ... Does it look like it's affecting their relationship?

Players at LFC at the moment must be in danger of becoming utterly disorientated by so many conflicting signs. The average day must involve:

a cuddle and face stroke from Rodgers
a spooky Celtic mumble from Pascoe
some glib abstractions from the resident pop psychologist
a bit of screaming and a slap from Carra
another cuddle from Rodgers
a ice-cold contemptuous scowl from Gerrard
a too-close face stare from Rodgers
another shout and slap from Carra
a banshee-like scream from Suarez
another scowl from Gerrard

No wonder most of them look like they've just been thrown from a roundabout and then walked into an iron bar.

Players at LFC at the moment must be in danger of becoming utterly disorientated by so many conflicting signs. The average day must involve:

No wonder most of them look like they've just been thrown from a roundabout and then walked into an iron bar.
This is probably the most winningest post in the history of the internet.
Amazing.

Watch Sterling's celebration after his goal against Sunderland ... Does it look like it's affecting their relationship?
Yeah, young Sterling will do whatever he can to please the man constantly shouting curses at him of course. It's a very common thing, some relationships are even build on such tender foundations.

Wasn't too long ago not one teammate chose to celebrate a Suarez goal, why was that, I am asking as I truely don't know what it was all about?

Look mate, I know you think very highly of Suarez in every aspect, I am merely pointing out a few areas where I wouldn't mind seeing him improve himself a bit. We are still very lucky to have him, and I've ALWAYS scoffed at posters believing we should sell him. That would be like the final approval of mediocrity.

Call it a bit of constructive criticism, all it is.

You've just made me lol down my coffee.

Yeah, young Sterling will do whatever he can to please the man constantly shouting curses at him of course. It's a very common thing, some relationships are even build on such tender foundations.

Wasn't too long ago not one teammate chose to celebrate a Suarez goal, why was that, I am asking as I truely don't know what it was all about?

Look mate, I know you think very highly of Suarez in every aspect, I am merely pointing out a few areas where I wouldn't mind seeing him improve himself a bit. We are still very lucky to have him, and I've ALWAYS scoffed at posters believing we should sell him. That would be like the final approval of mediocrity.

Call it a bit of constructive criticism, all it is.

a) Ah yes, the Chelsea game. Carragher had taken the ball and run back b/c he wanted to win it. It happens ... I don't think it's anything, especially considering Suarez gives Carragher head every weekend before games.

b) I think very highly of Suarez as a football player - I wish everyone like him had his attitude on the pitch. I have no clue how he is off the pitch, but he seems relaxed.

a) Ah yes, the Chelsea game. Carragher had taken the ball and run back b/c he wanted to win it. It happens ... I don't think it's anything, especially considering Suarez gives Carragher head every weekend before games.

b) I think very highly of Suarez as a football player - I wish everyone like him had his attitude on the pitch. I have no clue how he is off the pitch, but he seems relaxed.
That would be like watching an uproar in a harem over the last tampon on PMS day.

If he touched him, it was minimal - in other words he barely touched him, and yet Stevie goes flying as if he was hacked down. He milked it, and got the call. Not one of our fans complained, not one. Now I could care less - it goes both ways (see Valencia earlier htis year for very soft penalties) ...

That's what Gary Neville talks about, "If a player gets touched in the box, and doesn't go down, his OWN teammates tell him 'what are you doing?'" ... So Stevie did and I cannot complain. But for people to act as if Suarez did something intentionally and we beat them 'cheaply' - fuck that.

And before their second goal there was a blatant handball in their box by a defender, no pen for 1-1 given, lightning break and bish bosh 2 nil down... Stevie did not dive....

And while we are at it Smicer is a fucking legend.

And before their second goal there was a blatant handball in there box by a defender, no pen for 1-1 given, lightning break and bish bosh 2 nil down... Stevie did not dive....

And while we are at it Smicer is a fucking legend.

I could never tell if Nesta actually handballed that. He slid across the goal line with Luis and his hand was on the ground and it touched it. I think that's where the ref decides if it's intentional or not - and he decided it wasn't. I remember being furious about it, and their goal (Crespo's 1st) infuriated me only further.

Stevie did dive. But it's ok, I don't care. We won.

I could never tell if Nesta actually handballed that. He slid across the goal line with Luis and his hand was on the ground and it touched it. I think that's where the ref decides if it's intentional or not - and he decided it wasn't. I remember being furious about it, and their goal (Crespo's 1st) infuriated me only further.

Stevie did dive. But it's ok, I don't care. We won.

pish.

He was clipped as he ran through it was a cast iron peno FACT.

What about the stamp on Suarezs foot? Stevie dived, Smicers no legend, didnt see nestas handball, valencia peno.....

ARDJA is that you?

** yawns **

I never said Smicer was no legend (modo does not equal letallecwiz)

As for the rest, just because your whole family supports Everton doesn't mean you have to make accusations. You're the special one.

Suarez is going to be hounded out of the country.

He won't be here in two years time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom