• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Manure (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured it out. The best way for me to follow Liverpool this season after ESL debacle is to follow SCM. We won against Southampton and that too at home. So I would continue it and count on you guys :smuggrin:

I figured it out. The best way for me to follow Liverpool this season after ESL debacle is to follow SCM. We won against Southampton and that too at home. So I would continue it and count on you guys :smuggrin:

Have you read the Very Important Announcement thread in General Chat?

Maybe I'm a bit dumb, but aren't the advantages of playing a high line completely nullified by playing a sweeper behind that high line?

A ‘high enough line’ is what I suggested, meaning a sweeper doesn’t mean you have to always have someone sweeping 10 yards behind the cbs. We can play the high line with Gini almost in line with the cbs but whereas they play on the front foot (as both Rhys and Phillips tends to), Gini is on the half turn always ready to cover. A modern sweeper, if you will.

We have cover and the cbs / Fabinho can defend aggressively. Our full backs can bomb forward with a little more insurance too.

A ‘high enough line’ is what I suggested, meaning a sweeper doesn’t mean you have to always have someone sweeping 10 yards behind the cbs. We can play the high line with Gini almost in line with the cbs but whereas they play on the front foot (as both Rhys and Phillips tends to), Gini is on the half turn always ready to cover. A modern sweeper, if you will.

We have cover and the cbs / Fabinho can defend aggressively. Our full backs can bomb forward with a little more insurance too.

So 3 centre backs then?

Of course, but the PL were never going to cancel a big game like that, so it is what it is. Can't blame Ole for playing his backups now.

Why not to to the first sentence.

As per the FA rulebook, quoting section 8.3.4: “In the event of a match being abandoned due to the conduct of one club or its members or supporters the Board has the power to order that the match is not replayed and to award either one or three points to the Club, not at fault."

Have I ever mentioned we should’ve been given the points.

[article]Klopp confirmed Ozan Kabak would not be available for the rearranged game at Old Trafford on Thursday, leaving Nat Phillips and Rhys Williams as his only fit central defenders once more.
[/article]

I bet we see Koumetio at CB before Davies. Klopp would rather call the game off than give him a run out.

Folks - I think we knows whats going.

We’ll beat Utd, Dreamie will declare 4th is happening and we’ll lose to West Brom & Burnley, before drawing 0-0 at home to Palace after missing 50 billion clear cut chances and watching whatever youth central defenders we have left on the books receive career threatening injuries while sitting on the bench.

I think big Nat is going to have a stormer against Cavani but Williams will get skinned by someone unexpected like Fred or Pogba. If we take the game to them we are capable of winning big, but we won't cos we've played like pussies all season and will tip toe around before ultimately falling to defeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom