• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Match day 17 & 29 + FA Cup 5th Rd Fixtures (13-17th Mar)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dee

Part of the Furniture
Administrator
Matchday 17

Wednesday
Bournemouth vs Luton

Matchday 29

Saturday
Palace vs Newcastle
Arsenal vs Chelsea
Man U vs Sheff United
Wolves vs Bournemouth

Burnley vs Brentford
Luton vs Forest
Fulham vs Spurs (5:30)

Sunday
Everton vs Liverpool
Brighton vs City

West Ham vs Villa

FA Cup

Saturday
Wolves vs Coventry (12:15, ITV1)
Man City vs Newcastle (17:30, BBC1)

Sunday
Chelsea vs Leicester (12:45, BBC1)

Atletico won on penalties and I have to say Inzaghi will have some questions to answer – his team was better over two legs, but perhaps his approach in the away game was too cautious and invited pressure in that cauldron of the stadium, which allowed Atletico to equalize in the dying minutes. That said, Inter players had plenty of chances to put the tie away, but didn't take them.

Shocker. I didn't expect Inter to go out and it's weakened the competition as far as stopping City or Arsenal in a one off final is concerned.

Shocker. I didn't expect Inter to go out and it's weakened the competition as far as stopping City or Arsenal in a one off final is concerned.

On the other hand, one can argue that playing a 2-legged tie against Atletico is more physically and mentally draining. It’s like being mauled by a wild pig - slow, methodical and highly unpleasant.

Inter played well yesterday, but lost their way in the 2nd half. Thuram showed why he isnt a top striker with some awful finishing as well.
A bit more quality upfront and they are through.

On the other hand, one can argue that playing a 2-legged tie against Atletico is more physically and mentally draining. It’s like being mauled by a wild pig - slow, methodical and highly unpleasant.
They don't seem to play that way anymore though. Much more attacking and watchable these days

One other thing I did not expect at all was Memphis Depay being excellent after coming on

Wolves - Coventry 0-1 and the sky blues are actually closer to scoring a second one.
Wolves look terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom