• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Match day 25 - other games

Status
Not open for further replies.
The number of teams in the Prem should be reduced, there's too much dross. Every weekend there's some absolutely chronic sounding games that make Escape to the Country seem a viable alternative. Maybe if the Prem had 16 and the Championship had 16 there'd be teams more equipped for promotion coming up. Plus, under my system, The Ev would defo go down and regularly yo-yo to provide muchos laughs every 2 years.

Serie A just voted down a proposal to reduce the number of teams this past week. Was floated by the top clubs and deemed "disrespectful" by the rest.

The number of teams in the Prem should be reduced, there's too much dross. Every weekend there's some absolutely chronic sounding games that make Escape to the Country seem a viable alternative. Maybe if the Prem had 16 and the Championship had 16 there'd be teams more equipped for promotion coming up. Plus, under my system, The Ev would defo go down and regularly yo-yo to provide muchos laughs every 2 years.
Ya only 18 in Germany.

18 in England would be huge.

Serie A just voted down a proposal to reduce the number of teams this past week. Was floated by the top clubs and deemed "disrespectful" by the rest.

Premier league have had such votes too.. same outcome.

They even floated a PL2 to get around it... Still no dice.

I agree with JR.
If two of the relegated teams continue being the same clubs that were promoted from the Champ the year before, then I think it would be a good idea to reduce the number of teams to 18. However, last season all three promoted teams stayed up (Fulham, Bournemouth and Forest) and they're staying up this season too.

Also, just promote two teams from the Champ. The league winner and the playoff winner.

A Palace win tonight would be gorgeous, think that might tempt me to drive over the road to Dumpison and give Roy a big hug.

I really enjoyed the format when they first introduced the playoffs - it was between 2-3th in the second tier and 4th from bottom in the top tier Can't remember if that was pre or post PL arrival, and also cant remember if that was just one season or went on for a few.

Anyway - they should reintroduce that. Would at least give Everton a shout at a Wembley day out each year

I agree with JR.
If two of the relegated teams continue being the same clubs that were promoted from the Champ the year before, then I think it would be a good idea to reduce the number of teams to 18. However, last season all three promoted teams stayed up (Fulham, Bournemouth and Forest) and they're staying up this season too.

Also, just promote two teams from the Champ. The league winner and the playoff winner.

You cannot fuck with the pyramid.

The PL and EFL are separate entities.

What you are suggesting would be slapped down by the 72 EFL clubs.

The way around it was PL and PL2 with the EFL being promoted to the PL2 3 teams per year.

However outside the big 6 at the time. There was no appetite to pursue. Don't even think it got past second base.

You cannot fuck with the pyramid.

The PL and EFL are separate entities.

What you are suggesting would be slapped down by the 72 EFL clubs.

The way around it was PL and PL2 with the EFL being promoted to the PL2 3 teams per year.

However outside the big 6 at the time. There was no appetite to pursue. Don't even think it got past second base.

Yeah of course. It's not beneficial to the EFL clubs since they want that PL money.
I do think it would make the PL better though.

Bird faced shit with the clearance off the line.

Everton look shit.

Are Everton fans actually saying anything or are they just barking and howling like caged animals?

How shit is Sam Johnstone....should've just caught the shot by Garner instead of trying to look half decent then does a Mig on the corner the stupid tosser.

Out the Sean Dyche playbook that.

How many points do you reckon is enough to stay up?
With 13 games left ( 14 for Luton), I'll go with 32 points.

Wrong link, but that was some goal. Almost a lob over the goalkeeper; you don’t see this technique a lot nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom