• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Match day 27 - Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're genuinely terrible. Like, record breaking bad defensively

I never bet but I was tempted to put something on 7 or more.

It had cricket score written all over it.

Genuinely pathetic that this team is supposedly premier league level.

Even the BBC are getting savage.

"You have to feel so sorry for Ollie Norwood. He was hardly at sole fault for the three early goals, but he is the fall guy as Chris Wilder shuffles his system like a sailor rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic."

You have to say Arsenal are playing the most scintillating football in the league at the moment. Doesn’t mean they are the best overall. But their attacking play is frightningly good, especially against teams like Sheffield United. They are fine-tuned to rip shit defences to shreds.

0:4 Havertz

You have to say Arsenal are playing the most scintillating football in the league at the moment. Doesn’t mean they are the best overall. But their attacking play is frightningly good, especially against teams like Sheffield United. They are fine-tuned to rip shit defences to shreds.

0:4 Havertz

They've got the most consistent starting 11 due to luck with injuries and getting dumped out of the domestic cups. Their schedule has been a doddle and they've got a full break coming up.

They've got the most consistent starting 11 due to luck with injuries and getting dumped out of the domestic cups. Their schedule has been a doddle and they've got a full break coming up.
Definitely. They look like Klopp’s first team when we had 13-14 top-level players who played consistently and a big drop-off after that.

Have to say, Jorginho really improved their balance, compared to trying to play with Havertz at LCM. He’s essential to them now.

0:5 Rice.

The three teams schedules for the next few games are fucking grim reading for us. We've been limping through heroically without really playing anyone.

I think without the ability to really rotate in midfield or attack we are going to get punched in the mouth.

The three teams schedules for the next few games are fucking grim reading for us. We've been limping through heroically without really playing anyone.

I think without the ability to really rotate in midfield or attack we are going to get punched in the mouth.
Yeah, looks like we just have to do it the hard way and win every remaining game

We’re not that far from being able to rotate. Gravvy, Curtis and Bajcetic are on the way.

I suppose we could say we’ve been kind of lucky in that we haven’t played anyone whilst we’ve been limping. If we’ve played anyone decent in the last few weeks, it’s likely we would have dropped points already.

Touch wood we’re getting our players back as our schedule is getting tougher from Saturday onwards

They sold their best player and bought Championship level players. Jack Robinson as CB. Jeeezzez. Just a very poor team that are coached poorly as well.

I don't know if I'm alone in this, but this title race has me so hooked on football that I almost can't focus on anything else.
Feels like it's part of my daily routine to check the forum, check LFC related news and just wait for the next game.
I don't know how many times I've checked our upcoming list of fixtures and tried to figure out every possible outcome.
It's too fucking early for this shit with 11 games left in the league.

We’re not that far from being able to rotate. Gravvy, Curtis and Bajcetic are on the way.
I don't think bajetic figures much this season. Curtis isn't back till April earliest, no? He's not exactly someone who tends to beat the estimates. Gravy not having something more serious is a help, but the medical estimates recently are more cagey than normal and I have no sense of what is realistic.

5 different goal scorers so far and an own goal. If this was FIFA I'd try to score with the keeper right about now.

I suppose we could say we’ve been kind of lucky in that we haven’t played anyone whilst we’ve been limping. If we’ve played anyone decent in the last few weeks, it’s likely we would have dropped points already.

Touch wood we’re getting our players back as our schedule is getting tougher from Saturday onwards

We lost to Arsenal because of a combination of injury and squad issues - Bradley’s dad passing away, so we had to rush Trent back before he was ready which backfired etc.

Last edited:
Time to bring back a classic gif:

stop-already-dead.gif

I don't think bajetic figures much this season. Curtis isn't back till April earliest, no? He's not exactly someone who tends to beat the estimates. Gravy not having something more serious is a help, but the medical estimates recently are more cagey than normal and I have no sense of what is realistic.

Yeah, fair point on Curtis. I’ve seen more optimistic prognostications, but like you said, we don’t know.

As for Bajtecic, I’m actually thinking the opposite. Look how quickly Bradley took to the team after a similar growth-related injury. Baj is physically ready; as soon as he gets the green light he will be back in contention.

We lost to Arsenal because of a combination of injury and squad issues - Bradley’s dad passing asay, so we had to rush Trent back before he was ready which backfired etc.

And Arsenal had played 2 games in 4 weeks. We just couldnt match their energy

Yeah, fair point on Curtis. I’ve seen more optimistic prognostications, but like you said, we don’t know.

As for Bajtecic, I’m actually thinking the opposite. Look how quickly Bradley took to the team after a similar growth-related injury. Baj is physically ready; as soon as he gets the green light he will be back in contention.

A fit Bajcetic would be really useful to ease the load during Europe. Same for Gravvy.

Talking of Europe, City drawing Arsenal in the next round could be helpful for us too

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom