• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mbappe mmaybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Financial league. We don't buy the most expensive player in the world. That's just not us.
Well we didn't buy the most expensive defender or gk until last year. Maybe times are changing? After all, as one of the previous posters said, his value us likely to go up not down so might make financial sense...

Nah man....

----------mbappe---------
Mane----------------Salah
------------Bobby-----------
------Fab---------Hendo

Job done

Well we didn't buy the most expensive defender or gk until last year. Maybe times are changing? After all, as one of the previous posters said, his value us likely to go up not down so might make financial sense...

I guess we can go expensive and all on the less glamorous end of the football pitch, but to get the real stars - we just ain't there are we. I always wonder, why is it that only two clubs and previously Italian clubs could afford these superstars of football. Why have we never been at that table ? - even when we were winning everything domestically and kings of Europe we could never get the Maradona's or the Zico's could we ? - Nothing has really changed - we will never be able to sign an established world super star will we ? am I right in thinking that as long as that is the case we will always be a club that makes super stars and prepare them for the 'elite' clubs that are Barca, and Real Madrid. The only ones we can retain after they become super stars are those home grown Scousers - and that is not always a sure thing.

I guess we can go expensive and all on the less glamorous end of the football pitch, but to get the real stars - we just ain't there are we. I always wonder, why is it that only two clubs and previously Italian clubs could afford these superstars of football. Why have we never been at that table ? - even when we were winning everything domestically and kings of Europe we could never get the Maradona's or the Zico's could we ? - Nothing has really changed - we will never be able to sign an established world super star will we ? am I right in thinking that as long as that is the case we will always be a club that makes super stars and prepare them for the 'elite' clubs that are Barca, and Real Madrid. The only ones we can retain after they become super stars are those home grown Scousers - and that is not always a sure thing.
Umm geography? Weather? Shopping?

It's a good point, even city haven't bought a megastar. I'm not having them called "elite" clubs though, and us not in that bracket. Im not saying I think it will happen, but with the current financial environment, and the potential for it to work in this respect, it does seem like something we could now do. Except do you think klopp would want it? A megastar coming into a settled dressing room...

Umm geography? Weather? Shopping?

I think this is it. The city of Liverpool isn’t as attractive to a foreigner as somewhere like Barca/Madrid/Naples/Milan/Turin etc.

A lot of these fannies go to cities where their missus tells them to so they can shop, also the weather will play a massive part.

It's a good point, even city haven't bought a megastar. I'm not having them called "elite" clubs though, and us not in that bracket. Im not saying I think it will happen, but with the current financial environment, and the potential for it to work in this respect, it does seem like something we could now do. Except do you think klopp would want it? A megastar coming into a settled dressing room...

Not all megastars are equal though, some are complete bellends who rock the boat and have the potential to destabilise a dressing room. Others are just incredible players and no less professional for it.

And you drop who?
You don't need to drop anyone.

Listened to a podcast the other day that did the maths, take Sturridge & Origi matches last season combined, & drop a few matches for Mane & Salah (they played too many by any standards & imo at times you could tell) & all four forwards play about the same number of games, (from memory think it was 28 or something similar).

Those calculations don't include longer runs in domestic cup games or account for injuries & suspensions, both of which we were extremely fortunate with last season.

There is not only room for a fourth forward of the same or similar quality in the side, I think there is a genuine need for one.

Not that it'll be this fella though, due to wage structure if nothing else.

more likely to sign MmmBOP
this reminds me when we have Ngog and some people trying to make his song to this tune.
at the same time, we have another striker in the reserve name Ngoo.
i imagine if they both come good and we have twin strikers of Ngog and Ngoo.
it would be fun to listen to the commentators.
but both are shit.

this reminds me when we have Ngog and some people trying to make his song to this tune.
at the same time, we have another striker in the reserve name Ngoo.
i imagine if they both come good and we have twin strikers of Ngog and Ngoo.
it would be fun to listen to the commentators.
but both are shit.

Two shit commentators there then….

No offence to Rurik here, love most of your posts, but come the fuck on...
Are we really that bored here?
Unless Mbappe only has a year left or is free we won't sign him. 121 mill is what PSG paid...yeah and he hasn't exactly decreased in value.

No offence to Rurik here, love most of your posts, but come the fuck on...
Are we really that bored here?
Unless Mbappe only has a year left or is free we won't sign him. 121 mill is what PSG paid...yeah and he hasn't exactly decreased in value.

Didn't they just loan him?

There's no point even discussing this really.

Only 3 clubs can/will sign him: Real, Barca and City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom