• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mbappe mmaybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's signing, I'm sure of it, plus I really like goats.

give_us_a_kiss_flask.jpg

We couldn't realistically challenge City for the title, we couldn't realistically think about overcoming a 3 goal deficit to get past Barca, and we can't sign Mbappe.

If we do though, will all you cunts that are somehow still doubters finally turn into believers?

We couldn't realistically challenge City for the title, we couldn't realistically think about overcoming a 3 goal deficit to get past Barca, and we can't sign Mbappe.

If we do though, will all you cunts that are somehow still doubters finally turn into believers?
Give me an example of one time, just one, where we've signed a top key player from a club bigger and richer than ours. During the last 20 years preferably.

I can maybe think of one and it's Markus Babbel but he was free.

We signed the great Igor Biscan from under the board of some of the best clubs around at the time.
Inc Juve ManU etc

When they signed Neymar for £200m from Barcelona in the biggest transfer in football history and then followed that up with the signing of Mbappe, in the second-biggest transfer in football history
And then followed it up with failing to progress in the world's premier club completion ... again and again

And then followed it up with failing to progress in the world's premier club completion ... again and again

Still doesn't change the fact that they're immensely and improbably wealthy, so much so that that they can afford to buy and pay the wages of almost any player on the planet, and bought the two most expensive.

That alone makes them highly attractive to most top players

Still doesn't change the fact that they're immensely and improbably wealthy, so much so that that they can afford to buy and pay the wages of almost any player on the planet, and bought the two most expensive.

That alone makes them highly attractive to most top players
Not bigger though. Unless personal (or State) wealth of the ownership is the only indicator. We have more supporters, generate more money and are more successful than them.

There’s no way we’re signing Mbappe.

Coming to terms with that will make the transfer window so much easier to get through.

*concentrates like an inverted version of Richard Burton in The Medusa Touch*

When they signed Neymar for £200m from Barcelona in the biggest transfer in football history and then followed that up with the signing of Mbappe, in the second-biggest transfer in football history
this and the fact that they've bought themselves domestic titles year after year while we haven't been able to in like 29 years.
My point is bigger in the sense of attracting world class players. We're not in that tier yet.

this and the fact that they've bought themselves domestic titles year after year while we haven't been able to in like 29 years.
My point is bigger in the sense of attracting world class players. We're not in that tier yet.

We can attract players, what we don't do is pay £200m and £600,000 a week for them.

Now, I know this is ripe for a spergy discussion about "big" clubs, "wealthy" clubs and how attractive/ likely they are to sign player x, y and z, but Liverpool isn't going to be buying Mbappe or Neymar or any other player like them because of £££££££.

Is Man City a bigger club than Liverpool too?
That's a good question. They can afford to have players like Mahrez, Sane and Gundogan on the bench.
They took Sterling from us.

Can we afford to buy Sane from them?

OK, we're a bigger team historically, we have more fans in England and the World but they can probably sign Mbappe if they want.
We can't.

So I guess they're bigger.

Not another “what does big club mean?” conversation.
Good point.

We need at least 5 pages debating the interpretation of "big club", and, once we have that nailed, the rest of the thread can devote itself to how to define "world class" when attributing that to the players such "big clubs" will attract.

I would advise a new and separate thread to discus how we measure "success" of said big clubs with world class players.

Angels on the head of a pin should be child's play, after that

Yeah, I remember being terrified by it. Properly chilling.

It's memorable because at that young age, we hadn't seen many truly nihilistic films with a totally bleak ending, about a murdering sociopath who killed his parents and hundreds more innocent people for no reason throughout the film.

At 8pm on a Sunday night on ITV.

The bit with the plane is just boss. To this day I often look at planes up in the sky and try and do a Medusa Touch.....

...I've said too much.

Good point.

We need at least 5 pages debating the interpretation of "big club", and, once we have that nailed, the rest of the thread can devote itself to how to define "world class" when attributing that to the players such "big clubs" will attract.

I would advise a new and separate thread to discus how we measure "success" of said big clubs with world class players.

Angels on the head of a pin should be child's play, after that
Does a manager really matter when picking our best 11?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom