• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Midfield for the decisive stretch

Status
Not open for further replies.
As are virtually every team you'd care to name (two injuries - not one which would be a blip). If it happens (as it did to us last year with the defence) then that is likely a once-in-a-decade situation that really can't be planned for.
Yup. It would also be a disaster for the forward positions if two, say Salah and Mane, got injured right now. It's negativity for the sake of it.

I am enjoying the moment.
It's not really a moan, just something I've been thinking about these past few weeks now that we have a game every 3 days.
We can rotate our defenders, we can rotate our attackers but we are asking a lot from our midfielders. This while having a £40 mill player out of the rotation.
And you're right about Minamino. He has played his part and Diaz joined in January so he doesn't bother me as much.

But we are rotating our midfield - the CBS and FBs are generally playing the foul 90 with only Matip & Konate regularly rotating.

The forwards are rotating the most to keep them all sharp.

Aside from the forwards the MFs are rotating or being brought off early where possible.

I think the rotation ls are all planned to ensure everyone is at their peak - despite how it may look to us, Klopp will know what everyone’s physical and mental condition is and how many minutes is optimal.

As are virtually every team you'd care to name (two injuries - not one which would be a blip). If it happens (as it did to us last year with the defence) then that is likely a once-in-a-decade situation that really can't be planned for.
Yeah most. Not those we're competing with atm though. Well not as much anyway.

Yesh, but what leads you to believe we’d keep a world class DM happy knowing he’s not likely to play in the event of injuries or a disaster.

The Greek hasn’t played despite Wee Robbo not being at his best, Milner hasn’t played (ok he is 85), Gomez hasn’t had a look in despite playing well, Lord Divock can barely get a game, Jones is hardly getting a sniff.

Lucky???? Last year we were unlucky with injuries - this year it’s been balanced.

We’re not 2 injuries from disaster - in the same way we weren’t facing a disaster during AFCON.
OK, I'm dropping this.
I just brought it up because our midfielders work very hard and some are somewhat prone to injuries. Combine that with playing every 3 days, it would have been great having a decent enough midfielder ready to come on with Keita for either Thiago or Fabs.

OK, I'm dropping this.
I just brought it up because our midfielders work very hard and some are somewhat prone to injuries. Combine that with playing every 3 days, it would have been great having a decent enough midfielder ready to come on with Keita for either Thiago or Fabs.

We do - Milner or Jones, but with 3 subs we’re rotating 2 forwards - which means Henderson is the midfielder in rotation for Keita or Fabs.

I'd say there will be less rotation needed as we only have seven or eight games left.
Training sessions are probably lighter than earlier in the season too which would facilitate extra game time for key players

Haha re us using PEDs:

You’re only lying to yourself. Ever since Thiago joined, Klopp has been injecting him with homeless fetuses, just like he has been doing with the rest of your players.

i’d just about allow that to happen but he’s also keeping these fetuses in battery cages. they’re not allowed to walk around and Klopp doesn’t even feed them, he just injects them with horse testosterone and cattle prods them through the bars.

I'd say there will be less rotation needed as we only have seven or eight games left.
Training sessions are probably lighter than earlier in the season too which would facilitate extra game time for key players
Agreed. We seem to be doing more in game resting. That’s taking breathers during the game and making the right subs.

OK, I'm dropping this.

We are seven wins away from being one of the greatest English side of all time. Even if we had Casemiro on the bench, Fabs and Thiago are playing every one of these seven game. That's just how good they are.

We are seven wins away from being one of the greatest English side of all time. Even if we had Casemiro on the bench, Fabs and Thiago are playing every one of these seven game. That's just how good they are.
I'm not disputing that.

Anyone loving the Thiago shimmy[emoji3481] ? It’s up there with Didi’s crumple.

He does it at least once every game and never fail to make a fool out of someone.

Thiago is the best controlling midfielder I’ve seen play for us. Xabi was a genius as well but good grief. Maybe Thiago could score more but honestly, what could another of our controlling midfielders do that he can’t?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom