• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mignolet... I'm off...

Status
Not open for further replies.

6TimesaRed

Not a Bot....
Administrator
Simon Mignolet has spoken out about the rotation policy that Jurgen Klopp has instilled at Liverpool this season, hinting his future may lie elsewhere.

The Belgian goalkeeper has made it clear he is not happy with his situation at the club and he could be considering his future at the club with on eye on the World Cup after falling behind Loris Karius in the starting line-up.

Klopp went with Karius between the sticks for Sunday’s match against Manchester City, and stated: “He’s the number one. He might make mistakes but this is life and we will not make any changes. When it comes to goalkeepers you make a decision and stick with it.”

The Belgian is one of the longest-serving players at Liverpool having joined back in 2013, but has often come under scrutiny for his performances.

Liverpool have been reported to be interested in Roma’s Brazilian goalkeeper Alisson in recent weeks.

And Mignolet admits his current situation could see him force through a move away from Anfield.

“10 days ago, after the game against Burnley, I had a conversation with Klopp,” Mignolet told Sporza.

“In the Christmas period we had rotated again and I felt that that was not a healthy situation for a keeper.

“Klopp then told me when Sunday was confirmed before and after the match, but of course I’m not happy with that, but no heavy words have come afterwards.

“Klopp told me that honestly and personally in that interview, of course I am not satisfied with that, but I always have to respect the trainer’s decision.

“After everything that has happened this season, I know where I stand and the situation has become clearer.

“Of course I also have to think about my own future, the only thing I can do is focus on the training and do my best, I’m 30 years old and the World Cup is coming in.

“This situation can not last too long, that’s clear. I can not say more about it.”

Fully understand that Mignolet is pissed off, especially when he's being replaced by someone who's worse.

He either doesn’t realize just how shit he is, or insecurity has made him convince himself otherwise. Which would partly explain how he has consistently stayed shit.
Please Jurgen, get rid.

He should be embarassed to be wearing our shirt.
On this occasion, I’m going with your Coutinho stance. Set him free.

Yes, he deserves to be competing for titles. Like the Vanarama National League. Or the Buildbase FA Trophy. It is time to let him fulfil his destiny.

I don't think he'll have to push too hard for his move...

The only one I feel sorry for in this situation is Danny Ward who apart from 1 league cup game hasn't had any other chances this season to stake a claim for either the first choice or back up keeper. The other two clowns have had plenty of opportunities and very few Liverpool fans have any faith in either of them.
Mignolet doesn't deserve any sympathy as we know he's likely to make a mistake that will cost the team and Karius seems only capable of taking goal kicks as he rarely makes any difficult saves. Klopp also hasn't helped the situation by constantly chopping and changing.
It's a bizarre situation which needs to be sorted out in the summer with hopefully a competent keeper being brought in who isn't overawed by the chance he's given and can cope with the demands of our playing style and the league itself.

Ha! Glad he might finally fuck off. He's been a fly in the ointment for ages - The stupid 'can't catch a ball' ,embarrassment, photo-fit looking bellend for too long.

Why the fuck is he worried about the world cup for, as if he's going to do anything other than sit on the bench freezing his bollocks off. If anything sitting on our bench is the ideal preparation for him. Stupid hijo de puta.

The only one I feel sorry for in this situation is Danny Ward who apart from 1 league cup game hasn't had any other chances this season to stake a claim for either the first choice or back up keeper. The other two clowns have had plenty of opportunities and very few Liverpool fans have any faith in either of them.
Mignolet doesn't deserve any sympathy as we know he's likely to make a mistake that will cost the team and Karius seems only capable of taking goal kicks as he rarely makes any difficult saves. Klopp also hasn't helped the situation by constantly chopping and changing.
It's a bizarre situation which needs to be sorted out in the summer with hopefully a competent keeper being brought in who isn't overawed by the chance he's given and can cope with the demands of our playing style and the league itself.
Danny Ward will be on the bench, covering Karius, from February. Whether that means he will get FA Cup & CL games I don't know.

It’s not just that though is it.
He still doesn’t understand the game, the flow and rhythm, can’t kick, can’t throw, and has a stupid nose. Fuck off.

This and quite a few other comments are well over the top. They are not good enough but they are neither worst shit in history. Replacing a goalie is tough and that is something we and other good teams har experienced too well over time. Ming har made many excellent saves for us, and every time he was dropped he was worked hard and come back. Replacing him now with Karius is a tough gamble, cause Karius not only har to release his potential, he also has to do so in quite hostile environments. Nothing he does from now til summer will be deemed good enough.

Danny Ward will be on the bench, covering Karius, from February. Whether that means he will get FA Cup & CL games I don't know.
Is this a guess or have you heard something? Because is seems strange that Klopp would be happy with Ward on the bench from February onwards but he had Mignolet there for the City game.

There's too much of a nice guy vibe here with Mignolet. A goalkeeper needs to be headstrong as the last line of defence and should be more cunty or be vulnerable to criticism for every goal we concede because it plays alot in your head and in the end the doubt seeps in more and more.

Why the fuck is he worried about the world cup for, as if he's going to do anything other than sit on the bench freezing his bollocks off. If anything sitting on our bench is the ideal preparation for him. Stupid hijo de puta.
Did you just call him a n*****????

There's too much of a nice guy vibe here with Mignolet. A goalkeeper needs to be headstrong as the last line of defence and should be more cunty or be vulnerable to criticism for every goal we concede because it plays alot in your head and in the end the doubt seeps in more and more.
Our best keepers have always battered players out of the way to claim balls for corners.

Reina would have opposition players down every match & every few games our own players as well by simply plowing through them.

Is this a guess or have you heard something? Because is seems strange that Klopp would be happy with Ward on the bench from February onwards but he had Mignolet there for the City game.
I'm assuming (guessing) Ming is going to leave during this window

Fully understand that Mignolet is pissed off, especially when he's being replaced by someone who's worse.

Nowhere near as pissed off as we are.

And although it must be galling to lose your place to a keeper as shit as Karius, he should wonder how the situation has even happened and take a look at himself. We owe him fuck all.

This and quite a few other comments are well over the top. They are not good enough but they are neither worst shit in history. Replacing a goalie is tough and that is something we and other good teams har experienced too well over time. Ming har made many excellent saves for us, and every time he was dropped he was worked hard and come back. Replacing him now with Karius is a tough gamble, cause Karius not only har to release his potential, he also has to do so in quite hostile environments. Nothing he does from now til summer will be deemed good enough.

Yes it will, how about stop letting in goals, dropping (or missing entirely) crosses, kicking like a flid and being fucking shit, for starters.

I made a mordant joke about how we'd end up dropping, rotating and fucking about with these two clowns soon after Karius made his debut, and to see it STILL going on has made it less of a joke, and more of a fucking primal scream of frustration.

Yes it will, how about stop letting in goals, dropping (or missing entirely) crosses, kicking like a flid and being fucking shit, for starters.

I made a mordant joke about how we'd end up dropping, rotating and fucking about with these two clowns soon after Karius made his debut, and to see it STILL going on has made it less of a joke, and more of a fucking primal scream of frustration.

Congrats on getting something right after all these years.... to bad it had to be when you made a joke ;)

Credit to him for fighting for his place earlier in the season, and gracefully accepting he is not in the manager's plans, even though the only other keeper is even more shit.

It's not his fault that he's not good enough. All he can do is try his best.

Don't see much wrong with that interview.

Some mention of Napoli and £20m - sounds ludicrously made up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom