• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Favourite Klopp Moments

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
We need to men in black this season. It could have been a fairytale, but it wasn't.

Before we get into a summer of speculating what needs to change next season, let's flood the forum with positive vibes.

For me, Klopp made me love this club again. Everyone has different reasons they started and continue supporting Liverpool FC. For me, I started as my parents were scousers and my uncle ensured I was a red. However, I grew more and more attached to the club after my parents passed away as it felt like my only connection back to the city they came from.

The Klopp era has been superb. From doubters to believers.

I was at that 'famous' West Brom 2-2 where he made the team bow to the crowd. This gets mocked, but I remember just 1-2 weeks before, he was complaining that fans were leaving early and how could we expect the players to fight til the end if the fans wouldn't (which is ironic given the flat crowds at Anfield the past 2 months).

Anyway, we fought to the end in that game, and the crowd was electric, driven on by Klopp. For me that was the start of his intimate relationship with the kop.

My favourite moment - not even 100% sure. The weeks and months around winning the PL were great, but I can't help but feel cheated by the inability for fans and players to celebrate in style. However, it was such a great time of reliving the past, hearing from greats and feeling like that 'thing' a lot of us had never witnessed (this was the only title in my memory as I was 2 years old for the previous one).

The back to back CL final runs where we demolished everything and everyone around us, Roma, City, Barca, Munich. We were quite simply the best in the land.

Jurgen is the reason these happened, and the bar is very high for anyone to match his levels in my lifetime.

For me it’s when he started the hugging trend and then it went viral. I see other managers copying him too now. Nobody had done that in the game and shown that you could actually treat a player as a human being. What a breath of fresh air he was compared to the cold Rafa or aloof GH years !

99.9% of other fans I speak to in the last decade or so - all eventually confess they respect or like Klopp. Even from the scum. Which is very weird.

That’s the biggest legacy Klopp has left behind for me. That you can disagree, dislike or even fight with anyone but still be humane and treat others with respect and love. That’s how he won a lot of his critics and enemies over. What a giant of a man. YNWA.

On a serious note, one Klopp moment that will live with me forever, and always influence me, was after the 2018 CL final loss to Madrid. I was going through a particularly bad spell life wise, and after the loss got a bit too drunk. When I woke in the morning I felt like shit, was down as fuck about the result and about life. I think all LFC supported felt like shit that morning. I scrolled through Twitter, and there emerges this video of Klopp. His clearly been up all night. His cap is turned backwards and he's singing and dancing with a bunch of supporters. The song was something about Madrid having all the fucking luck, and we'll bring it back next year. He was having a great time.

Seeing that and remembering that got me through some dark times in the last 5 years. Klopp's confidence that we'd be back again. Made me realise that no matter what in life, you have to brush off the loss, get up and keep going with your head up.

Favourite moment by far.

Hands down, it’s when he’s on the bus celebrating number 6 and counts our EC/CL trophies on his fingers gets to 5, then looks at his other hand for 6 and smiles at the camera.

No2 would be the 5 mins clip of him walking the the pitch after celebrating and embracing with his team.

No3. His first press conference.

No4. ‘BOOM!’

It wasn't that long ago that CL qualification and a cup win was considered a good season by most of us. To do it while overhauling the squad and setting us up for the future is nothing to sneeze at.

Agreed. But expectations are everything.

The stupid grin at 2-0 to everton
Fa Cup Reaction GIF

He gave everything he could to make us a top team again. With the youth legacy and some of the best games I've ever seen, I hope Edwards and co have a plan to ensure everything he built can continue to bloom

Those hugs after the CL final 2019, especially with Hendo.
I was pissed off with him last night, that didnt last long...

He gave us so many good memories these last 8 years, I'm gonna miss him loads.

Those hugs after the CL final 2019, especially with Hendo.
I was pissed off with him last night, that didnt last long...

He gave us so many good memories these last 8 years, I'm gonna miss him loads.
8 and 1/2 years mate! No short changing please!

It wasn't a particular moment we witnessed, but Henderson remembered a game we lost in the final. The players were disheartened at the end-of-season awards, yet Klopp went around the room, one by one, and got everyone to their feet to join him on an empty dance floor and to start enjoying the evening. Football culture often views things in black and white, failing to acknowledge the achievements or progress represented by a second-place finish – but he managed to change that mindset. Some managers prefer their players to linger on their disappointment - even forcing them to observe trophy lifts as a collective. The managers do so because lack confidence in themselves to continually motivate the players. They rely on feelings of sadness and defeat to do their job for them. Klopp does not carry that insecurity.

I've mentioned this before, but in a society rife with absent fathers or poor paternal figures, and a dearth of male role models, Klopp stands out. Despite his flaws, such as being a sore loser and sometimes showing impatience with the media, he embodies many qualities we hope to see in men of my generation and those to come: compassion, strong morals, empathy, drive, humour, intelligence, and a level of emotional intelligence rarely demonstrated by most men. His personality elevates him beyond the role of a football manager, and I believe many people, in Liverpool and elsewhere, are better for having listened to him over the past nine years. That story from Henderson sums up his impact on the thirty players in the squad at a time they needed it, but the qualities in doing so showcase what he's all about, He hasn't just picked up thirty men when they were down. From day one Klopp has picked up an entire club and fanbase and driven us to some of the best football memories in our lifetime. It's safe to say he'll be missed.

Last edited:
It wasn't a particular moment we witnessed, but Henderson remembered a game we lost in the final. The players were disheartened at the end-of-season awards, yet Klopp went around the room, one by one, and got everyone to their feet to join him on an empty dance floor and to start enjoying the evening. Football culture often views things in black and white, failing to acknowledge the achievements or progress represented by a second-place finish – but he managed to change that mindset. Some managers prefer their players to linger on their disappointment - even forcing them to observe trophy lifts as a collective. The managers do so because lack confidence in themselves to continually motivate the players. They rely on feelings of sadness and defeat to do their job for them. Klopp does not carry that insecurity.

I've mentioned this before, but in a society rife with absent fathers or poor paternal figures, and a dearth of male role models, Klopp stands out. Despite his flaws, such as being a sore loser and sometimes showing impatience with the media, he embodies many qualities we hope to see in men of my generation and those to come: compassion, strong morals, empathy, drive, humour, intelligence, and a level of emotional intelligence rarely demonstrated by most men. His personality elevates him beyond the role of a football manager, and I believe many people, in Liverpool and elsewhere, are better for having listened to him over the past nine years. That story from Henderson sums up his impact on the thirty players in the squad at a time they needed it, but the qualities in doing so showcase what he's all about, He hasn't just picked up thirty men when they were down. From day one Klopp has picked up an entire club and fanbase and driven us to some of the best football memories in our lifetime. It's safe to say he'll be missed.

So well said. For me, anyhow, he's the kind of man, we all want to be, and the kind of father figure we all wish we had. plus he's articulate, smart, savvy, enlightened, and I could go on. He's much more than a Football coach. Especially for lads of my generation. He will be missed. But he's also the reason we have to go easy on the new lad, and give him a chance. He may win more trophies, but he won't win more hearts.

This must be what it felt like when Shanks retired... I genuinely don't know how we can progress from here, without him. I know that we'll try and we'll likely see some success, but I just can't picture it at the moment.

Yes, Momo, I understand what came next... But nobody was anticipating it at this point in that particular cycle.

Wonder if he ever drunk those bottle of Bells or is someone someday going to find the motherload.

Back
Top Bottom