• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NBA 2017/18

Ricky Rubio to Utah for OKC's top-14 protected 1st that turns into a pair second-rounders after three drafts if it's not conveyed. I know he can't / won't shoot, but the rest of his game seems fine, and he did pick up his shooting near the end of the season. Feels like Minnesota could've really worked out something better.

edit: After the OKC/Pacers trade moving George over, the OKC pick will likely land in the mid- to high-20's. Poor effort by Minnesota in my opinion.

Last edited:
Wow coming in fast and furious now...

from Shams Charania:
-- Griffin re-ups with the Clippers to the tune of 5 years/173m
-- Paul George to OKC for Oladipo + Sabonis

Wow. Now if they can add Blake? What does that mean in the West?

Blake, George and Westbrook would go at the Warriors hard.

Sorry, just seen that Blake is re-signing with the Clippers. But they could still get Millsap.

Adams-Millsap-George-Roberson-Westbrook is a lineup capable of scaring the Warriors. Lots of defensive and offensive versatility.

Ricky Rubio to Utah for OKC's top-14 protected 1st that turns into a pair second-rounders after three drafts if it's not conveyed. I know he can't / won't shoot, but the rest of his game seems fine, and he did pick up his shooting near the end of the season. Feels like Minnesota could've really worked out something better.

edit: After the OKC/Pacers trade moving George over, the OKC pick will likely land in the mid- to high-20's. Poor effort by Minnesota in my opinion.
And they've now signed Jeff Teague at 3 years/55 million. Teague is an inferior passer and defender than Rubio, but I guess they've done this to upgrade their shooting.

Sorry, just seen that Blake is re-signing with the Clippers. But they could still get Millsap.

Adams-Millsap-George-Roberson-Westbrook is a lineup capable of scaring the Warriors. Lots of defensive and offensive versatility.

OKC is over the cap now; I don't think Millsap is a possible FA signing for them.

I think this move was as much about removing the 21m owed to Oladipo for the next 4 years. This trade doesn't bump them into the WCF; another 2nd round and out looms, unless they can fix these issues: no SG, no PF and no depth. PG is likely just a one-year rental. They're candidates for a rebuild next season if Westbrook opts out next year.

edit: removed the part about Rbersn; they can extend him a qualifying offer this year; thought he was already a UFA.

Last edited:
And they've now signed Jeff Teague at 3 years/55 million. Teague is an inferior passer and defender than Rubio, but I guess they've done this to upgrade their shooting.

Just when you think Minnesota did smart by fleecing the Bulls for Butler + the 16th pick for Lavine, Dunn and the 7th pick, they go do something dumb like this.

They could trade Kanter to create cap space if required. You can't acquire two top 15 players in the NBA, and not try and build a title contending team.

They could trade Kanter to create cap space if required. You can't acquire two top 15 players in the NBA, and not try and build a title contending team.

Just curious - do the rules allow them to turn around and trade George right away?

Also, Bulls waived Rondo and Celtics extended a qualifying offer to Olynyk for what it's worth.

Last edited:
Bunch of re-ups rumoured to be upcoming:

Warriors: Curry - 5 / $201, Livingston - 3 / $24
Spurs: Mills - 4 / $50
Rockets: Nene - 4 / $15
Bulls: Felicio - 4 / $32
Bucks: Snell - 4 / $46

Just when you think Minnesota did smart by fleecing the Bulls for Butler + the 16th pick for Lavine, Dunn and the 7th pick, they go do something dumb like this.
I don't think it's such a bad deal. Rubio was conceptually a very bad fit on the Wolves, as he couldn't shoot at all.

Teague is nothing special, but he's quick and can score decently, while sufficiently handling PG duties as well. In any case, Butler will become the main facilitator on that team now.

If you're talking salary, 16-17 million is now the going rate for an average to above-average player in the league.

Just to follow in on this, I haven't checked the salaries, but I read that the Thunder are 8 million under the cap at the moment. If they can dump Kanter's contract (give up a pick if needed), they should go all out to get Millsap.

I'm convinced that the line-up I posted above would cause the maximum problems for the Warriors in the league today. Millsap, George and Roberson are all long, athletic and committed defenders - IMO that's the best possible defensive line-up you can put out to contain Durant-Thompson-Curry. Offensively, Millsap and George can play off the ball and are the perfect complement to Westbrook's slashing game. Millsap is also the ideal antidote to Draymond.

Then you also have Adams who's an excellent rebounder and an underrated post player, who gave the Warriors major trouble in the 2016 WCF. Westbrook going hard at Durant and Curry will also ruffle the Warriors' feathers. And if they lose Igoudala, that weakens their defense significantly.

The entire exercise of trading for George is pointless if the Thunder don't try and go all out for a title this year.

JJ Redick to the Sixers on a 1 year/23 mil deal. Huge money for a veteran shooter.

Philly should make the playoffs surely this year in this piss poor Eastern Conference? If they don't, they might as well give up.

Amir Johnson to Sixers, and Joe Ingles returning to Utah (4 / $52m). Good to see Utah retaining Ingles and picking up Rubio. Hopefully Hayward will re-sign.

This flew under the radar - David West re-ups with the Warriors for 1 year, $2.3m.

Warriors' reported offer on the table for Iguodala is 3 / $48m; not clear if the 3rd year is also only partially guaranteed like Livingston's ($8m / $8m / $2m).

Nene's re-up (4 / $15m) with Houston sent back to the table due to some "over 38 Rule". The Rockets' offer is now 3 / $11m

Done:
--- Langston Galloway - 3 / 21m with Pistons
--- Michael Carter-Williams - 1 / 2.7m with Hornets -- rookie of the year to journeyman in 4 years; hopefully he'll be able to stay fit and find some of his juice back.

Useful FA tracker: http://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/

Last edited:
Rockets are courting Iguodala as well. I hope that happens. It does weaken the Warriors a bit, though ultimately it shouldn't make a difference unless the Cavs strengthen significantly.

Rumours that Lebron will get his buddies Wade and Melo to sign for Cavs if they get bought out. Does that make a difference? I'm not really sure.

Rockets are courting Iguodala as well. I hope that happens. It does weaken the Warriors a bit, though ultimately it shouldn't make a difference unless the Cavs strengthen significantly.

Rumours that Lebron will get his buddies Wade and Melo to sign for Cavs if they get bought out. Does that make a difference? I'm not really sure.

Iggy re-signs.

Warriors will pay tax through their nose for keeping that team, but it's a price worth paying for multiple championships. They win what? At least 3 more rings?

Raptors re-up with Lowry (3 / 100) and Ibaka (3 / 65). Brings the same team back for another ass-whooping by the Cavs in the playoffs.
Cavs re-up with Korver (3 / 21) - he's 36 now.
Wolves sign Taj Gibson (2 / 28) - solid pickup; these pups are not just aiming to make the playoffs, they're looking to get to the conference finals.

Nuggets supposed frontrunners for Millsap now after Wolves and Suns drop out. I really like Jokic's game and hope Denver can build a good team around him.

Back
Top Bottom