• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NBA 2017/18

The Celtics get marginally better. Hayward is an excellent player, but that's not enough to beat the Cavs.

If I were the Wizards, I would look to trade Otto Porter for Boogie by the trade deadline. Boogie and Wall are best friends.
I think this deal works for the Pels too if the Cousins-Davis experiment fails. Davis gets a good wing player in Porter, and the Pels can play a fast paced offense centred around Holiday-Porter-Davis.

Boogie/Beal/Wall are 3 legit all-stars in the East, and should challenge for the Eastern title at least in a year or two.

But didn't Wall turn down a max extension in the last week ?

And has the same agent as free agent to be LeBron ?

But didn't Wall turn down a max extension in the last week ?

And has the same agent as free agent to be LeBron ?
He did, but I guess getting his buddy Cousins in Washington would be a good way of getting him to sign in Washington. Apparently, Wall doesn't rate Porter too highly.

Wall is best staying in the East. It's his best chance to win, and consistently get All-Star selections (which also affects the max salary he can get).

The Celtics get marginally better. Hayward is an excellent player, but that's not enough to beat the Cavs.

If I were the Wizards, I would look to trade Otto Porter for Boogie by the trade deadline. Boogie and Wall are best friends.
I think this deal works for the Pels too if the Cousins-Davis experiment fails. Davis gets a good wing player in Porter, and the Pels can play a fast paced offense centred around Holiday-Porter-Davis.

Boogie/Beal/Wall are 3 legit all-stars in the East, and should challenge for the Eastern title at least in a year or two.

Agree wholeheartedly. Wall is a player, he'll be a legit MVP candidate on his own in the next year or two, I think. Give him a little help, Washington will do okay.

They just need to ditch Scott Brooks and get a playoff caliber coach.

Bill Simmons podcast today:

Just his inkling - Wall is going to LA with Lebron in the summer, where they'll join Paul George. Boogie is also a free agent ..... and subject to clearing some cap room they could all end up there by taking a little less.

And he says Melo to Houston is happening (his last guest on the podcast was Daryl Morey)

oiqAJAK.gif

Paul George:

“I grew up a Lakers and a Clippers fan,” George says. “I idolized Kobe. There will always be a tie here, a connection here. People saying I want to come here, who doesn’t want to play for their hometown? That’s a dream come true, if you’re a kid growing up on the outskirts of L.A., to be the man in your city. But it’s definitely been overstated. For me, it’s all about winning. I want to be in a good system, a good team. I want a shot to win it. I’m not a stats guy. I’m playing this game to win and build a legacy of winning. I’ve yet to do that. I’m searching for it. If we get a killer season in Oklahoma, we make the conference finals or upset the Warriors or do something crazy, I’d be dumb to want to leave that.”

“It’s too early for L.A. It would have to be a situation where the ball gets rolling and guys are hopping on. This guy commits, that guy commits. ‘Oh s---, now there’s a team forming.’ It has to be like that.”

“I’m in OKC, so hopefully me and Russ do a good enough job and make it to the conference finals and love the situation, why not recruit someone to come build it with us? I’m open in this whole process.”

I saw this ... Petyon was really good (only saw his 10 minute starter) ... and the only one who didn't laugh was bloody Durant. The little cunt

Lonzo Ball has been killing it in the summer league. 2nd triple double last night to follow up on his 36 point game a day ago.

Kyrie Irving has requested a trade from the Cavs. Lebron definitely leaving then. Cavs about to fall apart then.

They've totally imploded.

And its too late to get a great player back in a trade unless they get Melo

Boogie Cousins has put in a lot of work this offseason. New training and diet regimen, has been hitting the weights. Seems to have shed a lot of weight.

Looks in great shape.

I'd actually love to see the Cousins-Davis experiment work. Build up an alternative style in the league.

Not 100% confirmed but Kyrie Irving to Celtics for Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic, and Brooklyn’s 2018 unprotected first-round draft pick

Great deal for the Cavs.
One last attempt to win with LeBron before he (& IT) leave in FA.
They also get a high draft pick to start rebuilding and Jae's friendly contract.

The draft pick makes it a really good deal for the Cavs. Brooklyn will likely be a bottom 5 team, and next year's draft is supposed to be sensational.

Cavs could keep that pick, and rebuild. They could also opt to trade that pick for an all-star caliber player, and really go hard at the Warriors.

In fact I'd think that if they acquired another all-star, then LeBron would be highly like to re-sign as well.

I'm not sure on the LeBron front - everything points to him leaving regardless of what happens.

Given how public the Kyrie wanting out became it looks like Cleveland did pretty well.

Does Kyrie make that much of a difference to the Celtics ? I get that he's better than IT but it seems like a lot to give up for a bit of an upgrade

Yeah, they gave up a fair bit. I suppose Ainge was uncomfortable giving a super max to Isaiah. He probably thinks you can't build a championship team with a 5'9 guy as your centerpiece.

With Kyrie, I suppose the hope for the Celtics is he that he becomes another Harden or Westbrook with a team of his own.

I don't know what to make of this trade.

I think it is a good trade for both teams, really surprised Boston gave up that much for Uncle Drew, remember all the years in Cleveland without Lebron, he never came close to sniffing the post season. The draft pick could be huge.

Overall, an interesting trade, but not really sure how much better it makes either team.

Well played by the Cavs.

They'll squeeze more out of the trade now - there's no way IT can go back to Boston after agreeing to trade him

Celtics add a 2nd round pick. Trade complete now.

Isaiah will miss most of this season through injury though.

Back
Top Bottom