• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NBA 2017/18

Any opinions on Cavs new team?
Should be able to destroy the east. They do look good on paper. Rose, LeBron, Love, Thomas. Role players like Smith, Crowder, Korver, Thompson

Melo traded to OKC for Kanter, McDermott and a 2nd round pick.

OKC and Houston might make the Western playoffs interesting this year.

Melo and Westbrook on the same team ?

That should be fun, but more importantly what the fuck was Durant doing on social media ?

Melo and Westbrook on the same team ?

That should be fun, but more importantly what the fuck was Durant doing on social media ?

Being the person he's tried to hide since he bolted OKC? :)

You see Kyrie on ESPN with Smith and Kellerman?

No - if there's a link i'd be grateful. In the playoffs he admitted to being a flat earther on the podcast Jefferson was hosting.

I'd love to hear his other batshit ideas

No - if there's a link i'd be grateful. In the playoffs he admitted to being a flat earther on the podcast Jefferson was hosting.

I'd love to hear his other batshit ideas

it was more about his problems with Cleveland and the 'environment' ...

Wade to the Cavs on a vet minimum.

Also, lottery reforms brought in by Silver wef 2019. Odds flattened out significantly. Worst 3 teams now each get only 14% chance of landing the first pick. This should disincentivise tanking.

Depends on IT's fitness. And whether Rose and Wade can play winning basketball still.

Crowder will be a big addition for them in the playoffs I think. They need a tough junkyard dog type player on defense to fire up their game, and he's that sort of player. If IT can be healthy, and play like he did last year, they're going to be good.

Philly have signed Embiid on a 5 year, 148 million extension.

Absolutely no way this deal doesn't come back to bite them in the ass.

Gordon Hayward fractured his ankle and tibia in his first game for the Celtics. Likely to be out for the season.

Talk about rotten luck.

Irving hit a game tying three but just after the buzzer.
It's odd - after watching him talking about Cleveland, he got a lot of love from all the players (Bron included) ... I can see that team being completely gutted after next year.

Irving hit a game tying three but just after the buzzer.
It's odd - after watching him talking about Cleveland, he got a lot of love from all the players (Bron included) ... I can see that team being completely gutted after next year.
Same story with the Warriors-Rockets. Durant thought he'd hit the winner, but it was after the buzzer. Rockets won by 1. Major 3-point fest that game.

OKC pound the Knicks ... Westbrook? Triple double as expected. Anthony and George both with 20+ points ... That team as it learns each other may be very very dangerous to the Dubs.

Lonzo Ball's debut? Tough match-up against Beverly, who goes after him time after time (as will most NBA players thanks to his dad's mouth). Ball looked out of his league tonight ... 3 points (!!!!), 4 assists, 9 rebounds ... Welcome to the NBA kid.

On the 29 plays that Patrick Beverley guarded Lonzo Ball, Ball went 0-for-2 from the floor and had three assist opportunities.

Giannis has started the first 4 games averaging 36.8 PPG, 10.8 RPB and 5.3 APG.

He's put on 10 pounds of muscle, and now legitimately looks like a 6'11 Lebron.

What a talent, and absolute freak of nature.

Odd start to the season. All the big teams have been faltering, and losing to random teams.

Magic and the Grizzlies surprisingly are leading the East and West at the moment.

Normalcy should return once the season progresses, but I've noticed the emphasis on the 3-ball in the league has become so widespread that perhaps it's not as big a weapon as it was in the last couple of years for the Warriors.

For e.g. there are as of now 17 teams averaging more than 10 threes a game this year. Compared to 11 last year, and just 6 the year before. The Warriors still do it with greater efficiency, but if the rest of the league catches up, the huge advantages they were deriving through the 3-ball might start diminishing soon.

The Raptors seem to have really focused on the 3 after ignoring it for years

Ben Simmons is getting rave reviews. Giannis seems to have taken another leap forward.
Fultz is now out injured and the Celtics are looking smart right now.

The Cavs have a historically bad defence.

And Lonzo is struggling:

Lonzo just doesn't seem that good .... < 30% shooting I think ...

Mavericks are shit ... so not that interested in the NBA this year ... :(

I went to the Duke-Mich / Kentucky-Kansas double header thing last night.

Pretty fun. Could not tell you one single player out there, but some of them can ball for damn sure.

Back
Top Bottom