• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NBA Offseason and 2018/19

Props to the blazers too ... do CJ & Dame have any chance against the Splash brothers?
Warriors haven't looked as imperious as in previous seasons, but I think they'll have too much for the Blazers eventually.

Expect Durant to be the difference maker. Think the Blazers front court is pretty average.

Warriors haven't looked as imperious as in previous seasons, but I think they'll have too much for the Blazers eventually.

Expect Durant to be the difference maker. Think the Blazers front court is pretty average.

Yup, he'll miss game 1 - so I think 5/6 games with Warrior coming out on top.

Davis' camp saying he still wants a trade. But Woj saying that David Griffin is adamant on keeping him, and trying to convince he can win at NO. Might hold on to him till the trade deadline.

This off-season is going to be fun. Lots of moving parts.

AD trade - could land up in LA, Boston or NY
Kyrie looks likely to leave Boston - could go to LA, NY or Brooklyn.
KD looks likely to leave too - probably will team up with Kyrie, unless Kyrie goes to LA
Kawhi will be a big player - Toronto or Clippers? Maybe Brooklyn or NY too?
Kemba to LA in case they don't get Kyrie?

The competitive balance between the East and West at least at the top half is certainly getting restored. Though the bottom half of the Western Conference is still far more competitive than in the East. The playoffs race in the West will continue to be brutal.

I'd love to see Griffin offer Zion for LeBron
Lakers won't trade LeBron. They haven't made the playoffs in 6 years, and are desperate.

I think they go all in for Davis - the 4th pick certainly helps them significantly in able to do that. NY can't make as good of a package. Boston theoretically could with Tatum, but Boston's collection of picks are now mid round picks, which aren't nearly as attractive. Plus there is also the issue that AD is very unlikely to re-sign in Boston, especially if Kyrie leaves - so it's very possible that Ainge doesn't even make an offer.

AD, LeBron and then Kyrie / Kemba in free agency. That team will contend, especially against as Durant-less Warriors.

Lakers won't trade LeBron. They haven't made the playoffs in 6 years, and are desperate.

I think they go all in for Davis - the 4th pick certainly helps them significantly in able to do that. NY can't make as good of a package. Boston theoretically could with Tatum, but Boston's collection of picks are now mid round picks, which aren't nearly as attractive. Plus there is also the issue that AD is very unlikely to re-sign in Boston, especially if Kyrie leaves - so it's very possible that Ainge doesn't even make an offer.

AD, LeBron and then Kyrie / Kemba in free agency. That team will contend, especially against as Durant-less Warriors.

I know it wouldn't happen but it would really fuck with the Lakers , who appear to have a bit of a split in the camp on LeBron.

The Pelicans outright refused to deal with the Lakers after the orchestrated attempt to force them to trade Davis.

This would just be a bit of revenge.

Boston will be hesitant to offer Tatum with Kyrie being a flight risk.
Yep. I think the only way that deal happens is if Kyrie re-signs in Boston, and AD is excited about a long-term partnership with Kyrie.

I think AD has his heart set on LA and Lebron though.

And a Kyrie and Durant combo is a possibility for NY and Brooklyn

Don't think it's possible in Brooklyn, their PG solution arrived in the summer.
Durant & Kyrie will likely be in NY ...
I think if Brooklyn sign a big FA, it will be Kwahi.

I think Nets should be a far more attractive FA destination than NY. Really nice group of young players in D'Angelo, Levert, Dinwiddie, Harris, Kurucs, and Jarrett Allen .

They could choose to renounce D'Angelo and sign Kyrie and KD. That'd be a serious force in the East for 5 years to come.

Warriors blank the Blazers. Such a disappointing series. Jokic would have given the Dubs some problems. Would have rather seen that matchup.

Anyway, the Finals with Bucks (most likely) will be very intriguing.

Warriors blank the Blazers. Such a disappointing series. Jokic would have given the Dubs some problems. Would have rather seen that matchup.

Anyway, the Finals with Bucks (most likely) will be very intriguing.

disappointing b/c the blazers had some big leads ... and could have easily won 2 of those games - easily. oh well, they'll learn and if Paul Allen's sis wants to invest, may be dangerous next year.

This ECF series is incredible. Kawhi is a beast.

I hope he can get fully healthy one day - if it wasn't for Zaza, history would have been different there too ... him guarding Giannis has turned around the series ...
I sincerely hope if the Raptors pull it out, they win the whole thing ... Fuck the warriors.

I think the Bucks match up better with the Warriors, though Kawhi is a cold-blooded assassin in the playoffs. Kinda conflicted who I want in the Finals.

Incredible from the Raptors. Masai Ujiri deserves to be EOY. Acquiring Kawhi, Marc Gasol and Danny Green through Derozan and Valanciunas was incredible business.

Prediction for the finals?

I'm going to go with Toronto in 6 - not because I think they can do it, but because I hate Golden State.

great game 5 ... Raptors really should have won that game imo ...
They lose after Lowry misses last second shot ...
However, big news is Durant has likely torn his Achilles ... that is a NBA off-season changing injury.

Back
Top Bottom