• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
A win here would continue our positive run (1-2-0).

I'd go with the same team that started against Everton bar Reina (if healthy) & GlenJo (if healthy).

I would like to see Sterling playing more central - as his speed will cause issues (as it did for Everton).

Suarez can play off him, as he will when we sign a goalscorer (hopefully) in Jan.

I would play Assaidi and give Suso a rest. The rest should be the same.

Edit: Oh, Reina and Glenjo should play if fit too.

He has been pretty ordinary so far. Assaidi looks like he could contribute. Would be good to let the kids know not to take their places for granted. Maybe dropping Suso against Newcastle might give him a bit more motivation.

A win here would continue our positive run (1-2-0).

I'd go with the same team that started against Everton bar Reina (if healthy) & GlenJo (if healthy).

I would like to see Sterling playing more central - as his speed will cause issues (as it did for Everton).

Suarez can play off him, as he will when we sign a goalscorer (hopefully) in Jan.

A few things: The system demands two wide players able to give attacking opprotunities to make triangles.. Don't mess with the system just because other things can prove more efficient!!! ;) And also even if it worked against Everton, it was more because we couldn't match Everton at all in midfield and were forced to play the counter. I am not convinced it will work every time, and I don't think we should go down that route with the players we have. Against Everton we were outmuscled and we clearly selected a few players who should have been rested for that game. (Rested ecause it was a good time to put on stronger physical players with more energy for that particular game).

-----------------Reina----------------
Johnson--Skrtel-Agger-Enrique
-----------Allen---Şahin------------
-Gerrard----Sterling---Assaidi--
---------------Suarez--------------

I'm not saying I'm against this, but does Gerrard have the legs or ability to play as a winger now?

I think a lot of our current problems are down to the fact that that midfield 3 is the wrong way round, we need one DM, and then 2 CM/AM's infront of it. Playing Allen and Şahin deep is negating any of the useful qualities of either of them.

I'm not saying I'm against this, but does Gerrard have the legs or ability to play as a winger now?

I think a lot of our current problems are down to the fact that that midfield 3 is the wrong way round, we need one DM, and then 2 CM/AM's infront of it. Playing Allen and Şahin deep is negating any of the useful qualities of either of them.

But neither are particularly DM's, so we're kind of compensating for the lack of one. I'd give Şahin the licence to support anyway, or be tempted to play Hendo instead of Allen and do as you say, have two supporting in behind.

I'd go with

Reina

Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Şahin Allen

Suso Gerrard Sterling

Suarez

I have question marks over Suso. Obviously a bright talent, but struggles to get into the game from the wide positions and almost always fades drastically after half time. Regardless, we'll probably line up something like that and get beat 2-0.

I'd go with

Reina

Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Şahin Allen

Suso Gerrard Sterling

Suarez

I have question marks over Suso. Obviously a bright talent, but struggles to get into the game from the wide positions and almost always fades drastically after half time. Regardless, we'll probably line up something like that and get beat 2-0.

As you can also see, we need to quintuple up on the right flank as most of the Newcastle threat comes from their left.

would love that - gerrard can do a decent job on the right and deliver crosses.

Is that Cisse still mustard? I seem to be seeing Ba's name more than his.

It depends on who's playing the number 9 role really.

When Cisse arrived last season, Ba got shunted to the left and Cisse played through the middle - and he banged them in like Ron Jeremy.

This season has seen Ba assume the 9 role from the first day of the season, he's scored plenty, and Cisse's having to play second fiddle.

It's a fucking great problem for them to have. Two strikers who can score for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom