• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL offseason, Draft and 2023/2024 season

Thought our draft was OK. Solid B grade.

Our defence is pretty solid. Offence not so much.

In the latter rounds.

A couple of darts thrown at boom or bust wide receivers. Douglas and Boutte could easily make the team.

Took picks of need in kicker and punter.

Excited to see Judon, Uche and White in the same team. Ouch.

370433012_324196496839807_7080331023683215205_n.jpg

My boys have a murderer's row to open the season... Even Tom's old Pats would struggle to breakeven in our first month of games - Will be stunned if we don't open up with an 0-4 record.

Dallas have gotten stronger over the summer, but so have Philly, and San Fran are still going all out to win right now, so the NFC is tough to call. The bastard Jets had an elite defense last season, and now they've added that unspeakable fuckwit at QB, they may take some beating this season. But, only an idiot would bet against the Chefs, and Buffalo and Cincy are both still really, really solid teams.

Head says Dallas, Philly, Kansas City and New York will be the final four. That would be fucking AWFUL...

(Somewhat relaistic) Heart says Buffalo V San Fran Super Bowl. Wouldn't care who wins that one.

My boys have a murderer's row to open the season... Even Tom's old Pats would struggle to breakeven in our first month of games - Will be stunned if we don't open up with an 0-4 record.

Dallas have gotten stronger over the summer, but so have Philly, and San Fran are still going all out to win right now, so the NFC is tough to call. The bastard Jets had an elite defense last season, and now they've added that unspeakable fuckwit at QB, they may take some beating this season. But, only an idiot would bet against the Chefs, and Buffalo and Cincy are both still really, really solid teams.

Head says Dallas, Philly, Kansas City and New York will be the final four. That would be fucking AWFUL...

(Somewhat relaistic) Heart says Buffalo V San Fran Super Bowl. Wouldn't care who wins that one.

Go with your head and #4 please
You owe it to your Sept 5 bud

Now now now, that was something.

Lions beat Chiefs at Arrowhead stadium.

Detroit did a couple of things right in the past few years.

Cowboys with a 40 burger and shut out against the Giants. Lovely stuff @LeTallecWiz

Rodgers possibly rupturing his achilles on the first possession against the Bills is insane. The Jets find a way to win in overtime.

Cowboys with a 40 burger and shut out against the Giants. Lovely stuff @LeTallecWiz

Rodgers possibly rupturing his achilles on the first possession against the Bills is insane. The Jets find a way to win in overtime.

This defense is scary - and Parsons is demanding double/triple team blocks every play, which is making the defense even more dangerous.
The Cooks/Gilmore pick ups were great.
The 40-0 is insane as we stopped playing in the 3rd quarter ...

Rodgers getting injured is so NYJets ... Buffalo still losing is so old school Bills.

Other thoughts:
* Tua to Hill for 17 games could be 2000 yards ...
* Love looked really solid, but it's da bears.
* Niners & Eagles looked really good.
* Haven't seen a Lions team this good since the days of Barry.
* Chiefs should still be fine, but if Kelce doesn't come back, they're not winning the big one - regardless of how good Mahomes is.
* Vikings ... sorry @Fabio.

I'm still hopeful for the vikes. We were awful against the buccs, but it was still a clo0se game. As per, it's cousins inconsistencies or lack of killer ball thats an issue. Flores will get the the defense ticking, it'll just take time

That Jets defense is terrifying... That's why I was so worried about them with Rogers at QB. And, though I'm happy this morning, they'll still not lose too many games with those animals on D.

Don't think this weekend taught us anything... Philly (until the eased up), Dallas and San Fran look outstanding on both sides of the ball. KC will be fine, Detroit are becoming a solid team, Buffalo and Cincy have potentially fatal flaws and the Patriots could be a good team, but continue to shout themselves in the foot just when they're on the brink of pulling an upset.

This defense is scary - and Parsons is demanding double/triple team blocks every play, which is making the defense even more dangerous.
The Cooks/Gilmore pick ups were great.
The 40-0 is insane as we stopped playing in the 3rd quarter ...

Rodgers getting injured is so NYJets ... Buffalo still losing is so old school Bills.

Other thoughts:
* Tua to Hill for 17 games could be 2000 yards ...
* Love looked really solid, but it's da bears.
* Niners & Eagles looked really good.
* Haven't seen a Lions team this good since the days of Barry.
* Chiefs should still be fine, but if Kelce doesn't come back, they're not winning the big one - regardless of how good Mahomes is.
* Vikings ... sorry @Fabio.
The eagles did not look good. Don't know what game you watched.

Diggs out with an ACL for the season. Bad luck @LeTallecWiz
We looked like the best defense in the league. Bland will be a good replacement but we'll miss Diggs.
Typical when you sign a big contract as well.

oh it sucks ... royally.
But the defense is good enough to work without him - though Diggs + Gilmore to Bland + Gilmore is a big drop.
As long as that pass rush is going crazy, it will be ok.
I guess time for Jourdan Lewis and Eric Scott to do their thang

I fucking hate this season. The turnovers are ridiculous, the shite running game gets even shitter. JJ is completely wasted in our offence

Whats surprises me is Snooker has a greater worldwide audience than the Superbowl. The Superbowl has 115m domestic viewers and 56M worldwide viewers, Snooker had 210M just watching from China

The officials trying to help the Eagles as much as they can against the Bills. Some of these calls have been horrendous.

No surprise seeing them win the game in the end with all those calls they were given. The Bills did their best and should have won.

I've been watching the old American footy since 1986 and I reckon this season is one of the most open ever. There's tons of teams around the .500 mark with a few outliers.
I like a prediction. For me 49ers and Cowboys look good in the NFC, Ravens and Dolphins in the AFC. But I reckon someone is going to creep up.
I reckon the Broncos will upset someone. They're 7-6 and were unlucky in a couple of games. The defence has got it together of late. Probably wishful thinking.

I genuinely worry that Jerry finally announcing that Jimmy will be in The Ring Of Honour might have lifted the curse down here, and that Dallas are gonna win it all this year.

San Fran are really, really good, when fully fit, but we've seen how ordinary they are without the right couple of players recently. And Philly are still really good too, but I think Dallas have caught up with them.

In the AFC, the KC Swifties will always be favourites until they're out, but Baltimore look very tough again, and, as a dark horse, if Buffalo get in, they might just get on a roll.

Heart says 49ers V Buffalo. Head says 49ers V Kansas City. Worst case is Dallas V Kansas City.

I genuinely worry that Jerry finally announcing that Jimmy will be in The Ring Of Honour might have lifted the curse down here, and that Dallas are gonna win it all this year.

San Fran are really, really good, when fully fit, but we've seen how ordinary they are without the right couple of players recently. And Philly are still really good too, but I think Dallas have caught up with them.

In the AFC, the KC Swifties will always be favourites until they're out, but Baltimore look very tough again, and, as a dark horse, if Buffalo get in, they might just get on a roll.

Heart says 49ers V Buffalo. Head says 49ers V Kansas City. Worst case is Dallas V Kansas City.

STOP jinxing it D - just let it be and let me enjoy the ride before it burns down (again)

Back
Top Bottom