• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Nineteen Years

When that goal went in, Tyldesley went "Hallo! Hallo! Here we go!", which prompted me to growl "Give over, ya to$$pot, you're just trying to stop folks changing channels". Six minutes later I carved myself a huge slice of humble pie and settled back to watch history in the making. 😎

P.S.How many more corners or free-kicks might we have scored if Stevie had been in the middle waiting for them instead of out wide taking them?

Last edited:
Dudek really didn't know anything about the second half of that double save. But he was doing the correct thing of getting back up...

Still think Gerard went down very easily for the peno...

Dudek really didn't know anything about the second half of that double save. But he was doing the correct thing of getting back up...

Still think Gerard went down very easily for the peno...
I think Gatuso got a little sly knock on his knee causing him to trip himself up and Stevie starfish took over after that

I think Gatuso got a little sly knock on his knee causing him to trip himself up and Stevie starfish took over after that

His knee or his back foot for definite. Stevie made sure the referee noticed, but there was unquestionably a foul to begin with. Unfortunately for Gattuso the ref was Spanish and they know all about fouls like that in La Liga as much as they do in Serie A.

I really hate all this "super mature" line that Stevie dived, it devalues our achievement. Even if he did embellish it a tad, Xabi made up for it by only scoring on the second attempt.

Back
Top Bottom