• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Non-LFC Transfer Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manchester United and Borussia Dortmund are close to agreeing a fee for Jadon Sancho, with the England forward having agreed personal terms on a five-year contract at Old Trafford.

Both clubs are understood to be confident a deal to make Sancho the most expensive English player in history is nearing completion, with United expected to pay an initial £90m (€100m) over three annual instalments and a further £18m in performance-related add-ons. Dortmund would prefer to have the transfer completed by next week to help them bring in a replacement.

It is understood that Sancho, Ole Gunnar Solskjær’s key target, will earn about £250,000 a week – a significant improvement on the five-year contract he signed at Dortmund in August 2019.

---------
No wonder we don't sign him 250k a week?! Jeez Louise...
He'd be earning more than Salah.

Deal is off according to the Athletic. Utd aren't prepared to pay the €120m euro fee and will consider other targets

Some chat that Spurs are willing to let Sessegnon go.
Would he be worth a punt as cover for our left side.
Klopp might be able to work some magic on him

Some chat that Spurs are willing to let Sessegnon go.
Would he be worth a punt as cover for our left side.
Klopp might be able to work some magic on him
Considering the difference between Klopp and Mourinho's style of coaching it wouldn't come as a surprise to see him come on at Liverpool whilst stagnating at Spurs.

I think it will happen, unfortunately.
Havertz to Chelsea
Sancho to United
Mbappe to Real
Haaland to City to replace Aguero

These will all happen within the next 2 years I'm certain. Basically, the 4 best young talents on the planet all going to rival clubs. It's really unfortunate, and a massive mistake from club ownership. We'd be a dominant force in Europe for at least another 5 years if we landed one of them.

I think it will happen, unfortunately.

I'm not so sure. They already tried to lowball Dortmund earlier on in this saga and it looks as though they're having another go, but I don't think it'll work. Neither Dortmund nor Sancho himself are in a hurry to see him leave, in the end it's Dortmund's right to set the price and I can see them holding firm. This has Woodward's hoofprints all over it - all about the money, football instincts seriously lacking.

If Southampton need to replace Hojberg, maybe they can give us 15-20 million for Grujic? He'd be ideal for them.

This is a great idea.

Saints should learn from the Ings transfer. You can't go wrong when dealing with Liverpool ;)

They havent made a bid yet either for Sancho, as reported by German media, Dortmund are obliged to inform the stock exchange about bids etc.

Havertz to Chelsea
Sancho to United
Mbappe to Real

These will all happen within the next 2 years I'm certain. Basically, the 4 best young talents on the planet all going to rival clubs. It's really unfortunate, and a massive mistake from club ownership. We'd be a dominant force in Europe for at least another 5 years if we landed one of them.

I doubt Haaland will move to City. I think its more likely with a move to Real or something.

Haaland is a massive dork

The cocky sod tried to run Virgil in the first few minutes of our CL tie against Salzburg over in Austria. Having found out the hard way what a mistake that was, he then proceeded to disappear for the bulk of the rest of the game. There's promising raw material there IMO but I'm not fully convinced about him yet.

Haaland is a massive dork

Would fit in with the rest of the cunts at City.

I could see him going there, though, yeah. Lived there for a bit, dad played for the club, will be paid ridiculous wages, successor to Aguero.

Sky running the story that Guardiola wants 5 more signings (not including Ake and Torrres).

A CB, a LB and replacements for Silva and Aguero. They mention Lautaro Martinez as a target.

What a fucking tit Guardiola is. Basically wants to buy a brand new team so he can beat us to the title.

Havertz to Chelsea
Sancho to United
Mbappe to Real

It's incredibly frustrating. We've spent years monitoring Sancho and Havertz in particular, but couldn't bring either of them because they both had unfinished business in Germany and we didn't have the money. We've stayed prudent and hardly spent anything on transfers last year, putting us in a position for a big outlay this summer, just in time when our front 3 perhaps needs a refresh and quality competition. We've also managed to win everything in the last 2 years, making us the most desirable destination in football for a young star-level talent. And just as the stars seem to be aligned, the pandemic hits and we're suddenly unsure about future revenues and therefore out of the game again...

Meanwhile, Man City escape their deserved ban on a technicality and immediately start spending like drunken sailors (mostly on shit defenders, thankfully). Abramovich (why is his kind still allowed to operate in the UK?) is buying everyone in sight like it's 2003. And even United, who rely on the same sources of revenue as us and should be subject to the same headwinds of uncertainty, just seem to decide to put their future on a credit card and spend like nothing has changed. We look like an island of sanity in a world of wild irresponsibility and corruption – on one hand it's a good thing and I wouldn't trade our situation for any other club's, but it's fucking exhausting at times.

Last edited:
At £13.5m surely worth a punt?
Real Madrid outcast James Rodriguez, 29, is lining up a £13.5m move to city rivals Atletico Madrid

It's incredibly frustrating. We've spent years monitoring Sancho and Havertz in particular, but couldn't bring either of them because they both had unfinished business in Germany and we didn't have the money. We've stayed prudent and hardly spent anything on transfers last year, putting us in a position for a big outlay this summer, just in time when our front 3 perhaps needs a refresh and quality competition. We've also managed to win everything in the last 2 years, making us the most desirable destination in football for a young star-level talent. And just as the stars seem to be aligned, the pandemic hits and we're suddenly unsure about future revenues and therefore out of the game again...

Meanwhile, Man City escape their deserved ban on a technicality and immediately start spending like drunken sailors (mostly on shit defenders, thankfully). Abramovich (why is his kind still allowed to operate in the UK?) is buying everyone in sight like it's 2003. And even United, who rely on the same sources of revenue as us and should theoretically be subject to the same headwinds of uncertainty, just seem to decide to put their future on a credit card and spend like nothing has changed. We look like an island of responsibility in a world of wild irresponsibility and corruption – on one hand it's a good thing and I wouldn't trade our situation for any other club's, but it's fucking exhausting at times.

Thinking the same earlier. It’s more than frustrating - we’ve waited so long for this and get fucked over. I’m concerned about the upcoming season(s).

Still, we at least got to claim the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom