• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Non-LFC Transfer Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
First & second assists are a new one on me - what do they mean?
https://www.optasports.com/news/opta-s-event-definitions/
https://thecomeback.com/soccer/its-time-for-world-soccer-to-adapt-mlss-secondary-assist.html
[article]Goal Assist
The final touch (pass, pass-cum-shot or any other touch) leading to the recipient of the ball scoring a goal. If the final touch (as defined in bold) is deflected by an opposition player, the initiator is only given a goal assist if the receiving player was likely to receive the ball without the deflection having taken place. Own goals, directly taken free kicks, direct corner goals and penalties do not get an assist awarded.

Second Assist
A pass/cross that is instrumental in creating a goal-scoring opportunity, for example a corner or free-kick to a player who then assists an attempt, a chance-creating through ball or cross into a dangerous position.[/article]

It's incredibly frustrating. We've spent years monitoring Sancho and Havertz in particular, but couldn't bring either of them because they both had unfinished business in Germany and we didn't have the money. We've stayed prudent and hardly spent anything on transfers last year, putting us in a position for a big outlay this summer, just in time when our front 3 perhaps needs a refresh and quality competition. We've also managed to win everything in the last 2 years, making us the most desirable destination in football for a young star-level talent. And just as the stars seem to be aligned, the pandemic hits and we're suddenly unsure about future revenues and therefore out of the game again...

Meanwhile, Man City escape their deserved ban on a technicality and immediately start spending like drunken sailors (mostly on shit defenders, thankfully). Abramovich (why is his kind still allowed to operate in the UK?) is buying everyone in sight like it's 2003. And even United, who rely on the same sources of revenue as us and should be subject to the same headwinds of uncertainty, just seem to decide to put their future on a credit card and spend like nothing has changed. We look like an island of sanity in a world of wild irresponsibility and corruption – on one hand it's a good thing and I wouldn't trade our situation for any other club's, but it's fucking exhausting at times.
Maybe this is naive but I can't understand how City are going to avoid FFP infringements if they spend like crazy (Surely UEFA won't make the same mistake twice) and any sponsorship will be under increased scrutiny from both UEFA and the PL. Maybe they are actually going to avoid big name transfers and concentrate on puffing up the squad cover that they missed last season which looks to be way with the transfers of Torres and Ake (assuming they don't go and buy Koulibaly)!

Chelsea have spent £90 million so far and TBH still look to be spending well within FFP guidelines with maybe another £150m available before they hit the FFP parameters? Difficult to judge after CV-19.
  • Hakim Ziyech – £40 million
  • Christian Pulisic –Prior to the ban.
  • Mateo Kovacic – Prior to the ban.
  • Timo Werner - £50m
But since the ban they sold (ca. £143m) :
  • Hazard – £100 million (RM)
  • Aina – £10 million (Torino)
  • Kalas – £9 million (Bristol City)
  • Luiz – £8.7 million (Arsenal)
  • Hector – £6 million (Fulham)
  • Omeruo – £5 million (Leganes)
  • About another £4m in loan fees
Lots of talk of Jorginho leaving for £50m too. So some wil say, yeah but fuck Chelsea, OK fair enough ! However they do seem to be spending within their means ... at the moment.

Sounds like a lovely fella:

New Manchester City winger Ferran Torres says he left Valencia in part because they would not make him captain and one of their highest-paid players.

Torres, 20, said he was "excited and happy" to join City, after completing his £21m move from the La Liga side.

"I wanted to stay and I put forward the conditions to do so. They weren't above the club's means," he told Marca.

Sounds like a lovely fella:

New Manchester City winger Ferran Torres says he left Valencia in part because they would not make him captain and one of their highest-paid players.

Torres, 20, said he was "excited and happy" to join City, after completing his £21m move from the La Liga side.

"I wanted to stay and I put forward the conditions to do so. They weren't above the club's means," he told Marca.

At least he's honest.

Eric Garcia has told Man City he will NOT extend his contract.

It has 1 year left to run.

Barcelona have been mentioned for a potential move.

Basically, they've indirectly fired a bunch of people to pay him.

From his side though.

Leaving Chelsea who offered him a new contract, who are better than Arsenal, in the same city, in the Champions League, he was getting plenty of games.

Odd.

From his side though.

Leaving Chelsea who offered him a new contract, who are better than Arsenal, in the same city, in the Champions League, he was getting plenty of games.

Odd.
Maybe he wants to be reunited with his buddy.

Really strange move this. I don't get it.

Willian agent - Kia Joorabchian
David Luiz agent - Kia Joorabchian
Cedric Soares agent - Kia Joorabchian
Alex Iwobi to Everton transfer - Kia Joorabchian represented Arsenal.

Kia was the agent of Edu (now Arsenal technical director or something) and they both have some business relationships in Brazil also.

Add to that

It looks like Kia is starting to run that club. A very good thing for us.

It’s really not. Signing bonus, different incentives, 3yr deal structured differently, much higher base salary. His agent is very very happy.

Yeah, but even with a huge signing bonus and salary. Its still Arsenal.

Willian agent - Kia Joorabchian
David Luiz agent - Kia Joorabchian
Cedric Soares agent - Kia Joorabchian
Alex Iwobi to Everton transfer - Kia Joorabchian represented Arsenal.

Kia was the agent of Edu (now Arsenal technical director or something) and they both have some business relationships in Brazil also.

Add to that

It looks like Kia is starting to run that club. A very good thing for us.
Coutinho's agent is........

Cheeky fiver should be placed on a certain club to get him.

Based on his numbers I’m surprised Inter signed him given that he’ll still be on crazy wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom