• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other forum meltdown watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redcafe (Sandikan - a senior poster in reply to another Manc saying we are going to crash and will be lucky to reach Top 4):
----

When does this big collapse start mate? I'm still waiting!
They had the mad Villa game and have beaten Chelsea away and already seen off two of their toughest away games in Everton and City with draws.
Don't be seduced by them only being third and one point off top. In real terms they're well on target for another league.

The boss is watching I’m a celebrity and I have a decent glass of red. Only one thing for it.

[article]Someone in the Pep-extension thread said Pep might have taken us as far as he can. I’m beginning to think he was right.

Nothing going forward, and 70 minutes in with no subs. The same fucking guy was moaning about three subs not being enough because of the pandemic.

Has Pep lost his fucking mind? He is absolutely clueless these days. And his fucking assistant Lillo has only made us worse.
[/article]
[article]Groundhog Day.
[/article]
[article]Is Messi still coming if we miss out on the Champion's League? Asking for a friend.
[/article]
[article]Thank fcuk Pep signed a new contract
[/article]
[article]Pep seems finished at City. I don’t think there’s any chance of him completing his contract to 2023.
[/article]
[article]Pep is very lucky to still be at this club.

hate to say it but pep is the issue so far this season.

worse City team in 10 years this & we are declining not improving on or off the pitch.

We have serious issues & you are deluded if you think different.
[/article]

[article]Pep is done as top tier. He knows it and that is why he decided to sign a new contract imo.
[/article]
[article]Rinse and repeat. Fucking spineless. The worrying thing is there aren't any signs of it inpprvinb or pep changing it. The fact he moans about 5 subs and waits far too long to make 1 change is bonkers. At least we had posession... Zzzzzzzz
[/article]
[article]
Feel like I've been watching the same game for two years. Bored of it and genuinely starting to feel like I won't bother watching.[/article]
[article]18 months of poor football. Any other manager would be under pressure, yet we offer ours a new two year contract with a £5m pay rise.
that second half was shocking, again.
[/article]
[article]This team has so many passengers you'd need a mini bus to carry them all.
[/article]
[article]Brilliant, celebrating the new contract only to watch this shit, of course they score two from two shots, and of course Pep waits until they score a second to make changes, honestly we're gonna struggle for top 4 playing like this, everyone is bad even KDB, it's gooing to be a long season.
[/article]

[article]8 games played and we’ve dropped points in 5 of them already. That’s unacceptable with the squad we have and money we’ve spent in the summer. These problems have been around for 18 months and our manager has been given a new 2 year extension.
[/article]
[article]Another fucking shambolic performance, we have certainly been found out by all and sundry. Players getting games when they shouldn't be and it's all down to Pep. This contract extension might have been a bad move after all even though I was pleased midweek. The players certainly haven't responded to the news today
[/article]
[article]Two more years of this shit. And I really don't think a geriatric Messi will make the difference needed.
[/article]
[article]Worst City team since Mark Hughes.
Worst managerial performance on a weekly basis from a City manager since Mark Hughes.
We are in huge trouble.
[/article]
[article]I appreciate that I'm wandering dangerously into ridiculous hyperbole territory here but that genuinely had 'watching City under Pearce' vibes tonight. And by that I mean that for long periods of the match I didn't even bother watching. It was on but it was obvious that we weren't going to score tonight if we'd have played till midnight.
[/article]

Fuck off covid Karen you’re on of the 3% of fumers who thinks this.
[article]Goal should have stood

Terrible management of subs again

Over it already
[/article]
[article]Really worried man city are more attached to the idea of being managed by pep than winning stuff. Not sure we're equipped to react to a regression under him very well
[/article]

[article]
Pathetic but utterly predictable. 22 shots to 4 and lost again. 3 wins in 8 PL games, he is lucky he got an extension and not the sack. All this is on Pep and his coaching team. Nothing has improved in 18 months bar throwing money at it. We could play till Wednesday and not score.
need a keeper who can make saves, Rodri, Mahrez, Cancelo, Silva not 1st team material and god knows what is up with us in the final third, we need clinical finishers. We have technical players but if we cannot score we will not win.
I think top 4 is beyond us this season, that’s how bad we are

[/article]

[article]Our goals scored in the league this season from 8 games:

The state of that decline in attack.
[/article]
[article]Where to start?

Mahrez and Bernardo need shipping out. They bring fuck all to a game.

Pep only has one way of playing and never ever, ever learns that teams just need to sit back and then hit one long ball. So called best manager in the world can't anticipate that???

Pep only ever reacts to things in the game. Almost everyone knew a 2nd goal for them was coming and we needed changes. He waits until they score to change it. Not good enough.

That the club needs a 34 year old Messi to come help us shows how, with some exceptions like Torres, our recruitment and squad management has been piss poor.
[/article]

[article]I never thought a manager could piss me off more than Pelligrini when things are going wrong.
When every single fan can see that there needs to be changes and our manager is stood there looking clueless, again.
No idea what he’s playing at, he cries about 5 subs to the press and then doesn’t bother making any, apart from when it’s too late.
We are worlds apart from what we once were.
I’ll be amazed if we get top 4.
All the top half are playing better football, working harder than we are and at the minute better coached than we are.
I was hoping his new contract might have given us a much needed lift, we are shit all over the pitch and he isn’t doing anything to try to change that.
Long season coming up..
[/article]

Hopefully they don't fire him before he secures Messi on a 5 year deal worth £2.5m per week.

I think he’s played a blinder. He was going to leave at the end of the season. Then manages to get an extra £100k a week plus a big payout and still leaves at the end of the season. He also isn’t around when Robbo smashes Messi who then thinks fucks this and plays injured for 2 years.

What logic is there in moaning that tactics are all wrong because they couldn’t score from 20 shots versus Spurs’ 4 shots?
Wouldn’t that suggest that their tactics allowed them shooting opportunities 5 times greater than the opposition?
Loving the fact they think Guardiola is shit. They don’t understand their luck when the oil money landed that manager.

They don’t realise that their true place is being the northwest version of Sunderland.

They came 2nd last season...

I kind of missed out my opening sentence. I should’ve added “If he sticks around another season and they don’t improve they could be mid table.

Anyway, I still think they’ll end up second. There is too much cannon fodder in the league which they will steam roll.

They desperately need Aguero back and to stay fit. They've shown that they just aren't the same threat without him.

Guardiola is showing he's lousy at identifying players and rebuilding a squad despite the endless riches available to him. In 5 years he's been incapable of finding an adequate replacement for Kompany, Fernandinho, Silva, Aguero... the spine of the team.

They desperately need Aguero back and to stay fit. They've shown that they just aren't the same threat without him.

Guardiola is showing he's lousy at identifying players and rebuilding a squad despite the endless riches available to him. In 5 years he's been incapable of finding an adequate replacement for Kompany, Fernandinho, Silva, Aguero... the spine of the team.
Laporte has been pretty good imo.

Laporte has been pretty good imo.

The exception that proves the rule. Although, Cancelo is starting to look better, too. He's spent about 300 million on defenders and only has Laporte to show for it.

If you keep spending £50m on a new defender every other window, eventually one will be pretty good in someones opinion.
Sure, but doesn't make him any less good. But yeah, he doesn't have a great record when signing CB's.
Let's see how Dias does.

The exception that proves the rule. Although, Cancelo is starting to look better, too. He's spent about 300 million on defenders and only has Laporte to show for it.
I also think Aké is a good defender. Would have been a decent signing for us.
But in general, yeah Guardiola hasn't been great at finding adequate defenders.
Stones
Cancelo
Angelino
Mendy
Zinchenko

It is easy to say he has always been in the right place at the right time. It is a true statement. He took over a European cup and domestic clean sweeping Bayern side. His first Barca squad included Valdez, Pique, Puyol, Alves, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Henry, Eto’o, Toure and Busquets.

He did take Barcelona and Man City up a level but, as you say, never rebuilt/replaced to keep them at that level.

I told my son to add Son to score and Dias to get booked to his bet builder yesterday. I'm some sort of God. Anyway he still didn't win.

ninjamonkey
3 minutes ago
We all said wait until they get a couple of injuries, they’ve currently got 6 guaranteed starters out of their side, more than we’ve ever been without and they’re cruising against a side who twatted us. Hate to admit it but we’re miles off them

Let’s start with double Rona Karen

[article]Remember they are using inhalers with god knows what in them , allegedly
[/article]

[article]How the fuck do teams always shit the bed against Liverpool? Swear to god 70% of the goals Liverpool score are own goals by oppositions players, pens or the keeper throwing the ball in his own net.[/article]

[article]These pulled out pants down and ran all over us , shows how bad we really are
[/article]

[article]you could see it was a handball in real time as the ball travelled so slowly because of the scuffed pass. It’s obviously he moved his hand to block the pass. Another thing is the velocity of the Leicester players appeals... every single player within view went nuts. And I mean nuts. You can usually tell by player appeals.
[/article]

[article]If Pep is best coach in the world what would one call Klopp.[/article]

[article]We're not a patch on liverpool.
They'll piss the league again this season[/article]

[article]Fuck off Leicester, peak Barcelona against us, Shitty fucking pissed up Sunday league shite against the dippers.

You can fuck off aswell Rodgers you fucking Barry Manilow faced cûnt.
[/article]

[article]Liverpool has to be in some sort of enhancement drugs idk how they can do 3yrs now and seem they never run out of steam. It’s not possible[/article]

[article]They’re really not as good as some people make them out to be. Main issue is that every other team is shit too this season so there’s no one to challenge them even though half of their team is out injured
[/article]

[article]You lot are mad lmao. Liverpool are unfortunately better then us and so are Leicester , you all sit here , say var, bent, enhalers , divers etc .
It’s pathetic people need to grow up and realise we ain’t that good no more and need to realise that before we turn Into entitled spoilt twats like the rags
[/article]

[article]
For all the dipper fans posting on this thread, when you have every referee in your pocket giving you the benefit of the doubt its not that difficult to win games.
The stuffing must have been knocked out of Leicester after that non penalty decision, just like the rags yesterday who also have the same relationship with the refs the scouse do
Been watching the golf tonight because I knew it would be another shit show regarding the refereeing.
Fuming
[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom