• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Palace (H) Sun 14:00

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Onwards.

Tough line up to call. I think for me Elliot comes into the middle as Jones is still lacking sharpness and Szobo is struggling.

Kelleher

Bradley
Konate
Virgil
Gomez

Endo
Macca
Elliot

Salah
Nunez
Diaz

I’d have Gomez against their pace.

Too soon for Jota to start. Possibly harsh on Gakpo, could Nunez as an impact sub being a good option too.

I'd have Gomez in the shadow realm.
Szoboszlai plays despite the mistake.
Nunez can fuck off too. Play Gakpo.
Hopefully Ali is back in goal.
Jota to come on to save us in 65th

There’s an argument with us starting slow to keep a couple of game changers on the bench. Starting Gakpo and having the ability to bring on Jota & Nunez is nice to have up the sleeve.

Being trusted to start in a title run in could be exactly what Gakpo & Elliot need too.

There’s an argument with us starting slow to keep a couple of game changers on the bench. Starting Gakpo and having the ability to bring on Jota & Nunez is nice to have up the sleeve.

Being trusted to start in a title run in could be exactly what Gakpo & Elliot need too.
I'll go with that.

Nunez hasn't really looked like scoring lately. So coming on against tiring defences could be what's he needs

Depends who you believe out game changers are. Based on tonight's subs, fucking no one.

Szob gets dropped. Abject performance again, and his stupid flicks lead to a goal.

Gomez can now train with the u21s. He's doing prime Gerrard style shoot on sight. But infinitely shitter because you know it won't work.

Kelleher
Bradley ibou VVD Robbo
Endo
Elliott Macca
Salah Jota Diaz

Reactions: jan
Back to full strength. Back to a competition we actually value and care about winning. Back to winning ways.

Kelleher Bradley Konate Virgil Robbo Endo Szobo Mac Salah Nunez Gakpo

Gakpo probably earned himself a start over his last 3 games....really liked what I saw from him today.

Onwards.

Tough line up to call. I think for me Elliot comes into the middle as Jones is still lacking sharpness and Szobo is struggling.

Kelleher

Bradley
Konate
Virgil
Gomez

Endo
Macca
Elliot

Salah
Nunez
Diaz

I’d have Gomez against their pace.

Too soon for Jota to start. Possibly harsh on Gakpo, could Nunez as an impact sub being a good option too.
Twat out that gormless fuck Gomez for Robbo and you have the team.

Possibly, but Gomez has been good at everything outside of the ‘Gerrard pocket’ i.e. 30 yards from goal.

I think Gomez is sharper in defence for facing Eze/Olise down that side. He’d likely hang back more if Bradley is bombing down the right.

Possibly, but Gomez has been good at everything outside of the ‘Gerrard pocket’ i.e. 30 yards from goal.

I think Gomez is sharper in defence for facing Eze/Olise down that side. He’d likely hang back more if Bradley is bombing down the right.
He'll be inverting, leaving eze or olise to do whatever the fuck they want

We will win this.
Played poorly tonight and gave goals away. Absolute gifts.

No way that happens on the weekend.

------Gakpo--------Jota-------Salah--------
------------Jones------------Mac Allister--
----------------------Endo
---Robertson--VVD----Konate----Bradley---
---------------------Alisson

I'd hope to field something like the above.

Alisson back in goal, please.

Alisson
Bradley Konate Virgil Robbo
Szobo Endo Macca
Salah Darwin Diaz

As with most of my posts - stream of consciousness coming out.

We need two things for this game, and others going forwards - Leaders and Work Rate

Our loudest and best leaders
- Virgil, Robbo, Trent, Macca, Salah

Our hardest workers
- Elliot, Jones, Diaz, Bradley (possibly Endo - but he's just efficient and good, rather than running his legs off).

How do we get as many of these on the pitch as possible

Kelleher

Bradley
Konate
Virgil
Robbo

Macca
Jones
Elliot

Salah
Nunez/Gakpo
Diaz

I know I was championing the 'Macca isn't a DM' stuff - but maybe for this home game, with some of our attacking fluidity lacking we need to play Jones & Macca deep lying CMs and have Elliot as AM.

I think this combo is what we need. We can then have Trent, Jota, Nunez/Gakpo, Szobo, Endo, Gomez etc. all as bench options.

Ideally Alisson but probably Kelleher.

Full backs - not sure what the current deal is with Trent, but I'd start Bradley anyway probably, and definitely Robertson

Centre backs - Van Dijk and Konate

Midfield - Mac Allister is a must, and given that he is at his best when not playing DM, that means Endo also has to play too.
For the other midfield spot, not sure. Szoboszlai hasn't been great, Jones looks a mile off being fit, and noone is getting excited at the prospect of Gravenberch starting. Elliott, to be fair, always puts a lot of effort in.

On balance, I guess Szoboszlai or perhaps Elliott.

Forwards - It's gonna be Salah.
Jota should start, and he should take the place of Nunez.
Probably Diaz.

Ideally Alisson but probably Kelleher.

Full backs - not sure what the current deal is with Trent, but I'd start Bradley anyway probably, and definitely Robertson

Centre backs - Van Dijk and Konate

Midfield - Mac Allister is a must, and given that he is at his best when not playing DM, that means Endo also has to play too.
For the other midfield spot, not sure. Szoboszlai hasn't been great, Jones looks a mile off being fit, and noone is getting excited at the prospect of Gravenberch starting. Elliott, to be fair, always puts a lot of effort in.

On balance, I guess Szoboszlai or perhaps Elliott.

Forwards - It's gonna be Salah.
Jota should start, and he should take the place of Nunez.
Probably Diaz.
That's the team, but I'd rather elliott

Yeah pretty much what Richey said. However after that pile of shite Elliott and Gomez served up they should be dropped just because. Show them that crap doesn't fly.

Jones isn't ready. Szobo it is.

I can't put too much blame on Nunez. 2x ½ chances and one big chance - but even Haaland misses them and Mo. was worse. He was peripheral at best because we were shite from back to front. But here I prefer to see him come on angry after 60 mins.

Ali surely isn't ready. And where the fuck is Tent? 30 mins please.

------Gakpo--------Jota-------Salah--------
------------Mac ----------- Szobo --
----------------------Endo
---Robertson--VVD----Konate----Bradley---
-------------------- Kelleher

Back
Top Bottom