• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Philippe Coutinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want this to happen mainly as people here really seems to rate him. Have never seen him play myself but he sure looks entertaining judging from his youtubes.

A little part of me though tells me it wouldn't be all bad if he went to Southampton just so we can escape eventual heartache when he turns out to be another talanted, albeit expensive flop that never really settles in England.

I want this to happen mainly as people here really seems to rate him. Have never seen him play myself but he sure looks entertaining judging from his youtubes.

A little part of me though tells me it wouldn't be all bad if he went to Southampton just so we can escape eventual heartache when he turns out to be another talanted, albeit expensive flop that never really settles in England.

Sensible. The majority of those who rate him on here have never seen him play either.

If we get arse raped by Saints again on a target I will go mad... I live 16 miles from Southampton and have a lot of Saints supporting friends who are loving this shit right now...

Cant even bloody beat the likes of Southampton to a bloody player now....

Jesus Christ

The beat us to Ramirez, (someone who we were interested in under Commoli anyway), he's been mostly shit. They beat us to a central defender who we wanted on trial, not a big deal. If they now beat us to a player by paying more than we value him at then fine.

For me I rather loose out on a player than play more than we think he's worth. look at the shower of shite we bought at inflated proces not so long ago. We may loose the odd good player because of this but we do need to do something about being massively shit at our transfer dealings.

I'll be gutted if we miss out on Coutinho, I hope we raise our offer to the £10million requested. It's not that much for someone this young with such potential.

A little part of me though tells me it wouldn't be all bad if he went to Southampton just so everyone can stop talking about him and focus on Eriksen as all this Coutinho talk is making me well jealous.

*done that fixing thing*

Well considering he said "Don't know who this is", he's hardly gonna be able to answer you, is he?
You're completely missing the point. Macca is usually spot on with his info. He may have heard something but is not at liberty to speak. An affirmative will be good enough.

Who is bankrolling Southampton? They seem to have decent funds for a newly promoted side.

The estate of the late Marcus Leibherr... Some Swiss dude who was worth about 3 billion and bought Saints for 10 - 15M a few years back.... he died a few years ago but his family said they would carry on with the work that he and Nicola Cortese started....

The estate of the late Marcus Leibherr... Some Swiss dude who was worth about 3 billion and bought Saints for 10 - 15M a few years back.... he died a few years ago but his family said they would carry on with the work that he and Nicola Cortese started....

Thanks for that Jerry. A good, informative answer without the smugness and pedantry.

*gives Red_Water the stink eye*

The thing is, the player will never have heard of Southampton, and could easily refuse to agree to a move.

i just wana get someone else in so i want this to go through, saying that i'd be equally happy if it's somebody else that i've never heard of, as long as its not someone i know thats shit im not too arsed

i just wana get someone else in so i want this to go through, saying that i'd be equally happy if it's somebody else that i've never heard of, as long as its not someone i know thats shit im not too arsed
So, do you want someone else in or not?

*confused*

Will be interesting to see what FSG do now. If its a case of we have bid £8m already then i don't see why we shouldn't bid £2m more to get our target. I've a feeling he may prefer going to southampton. The manager knows him way and would be guaranteed more game time.

Will be interesting to see what FSG do now. If its a case of we have bid £8m already then i don't see why we shouldn't bid £2m more to get our target. I've a feeling he may prefer going to southampton. The manager knows him way and would be guaranteed more game time.

That's like me having £200k to buy a house and saying sod it I'll buy one for £250k even though I haven't got the cash. It's living within your means.

That's like me having £200k to buy a house and saying sod it I'll buy one for £250k even though I haven't got the cash. It's living within your means.
I wouldn't call that an accurate comparision. More likely a tv for a £1000 but wanting the one for £1500.

But either way there's no way you're telling me we can't afford the extra £2m. And if he fulfills his potential then its more than a worthwhile investment.

Why the fuck would anyone want to move to Southampton - unless it involves wadges of cash or extreme sexual favours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom