• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

PL Opposition Tidbits

I get the whole "two games close together" thing, but the point is they shouldn't have organised it that way. If you're doing a tour, you need to put enough recovery and training time between games so that you can put a decent team out. You owe it to the fans to do that. If they're not going to see a strong team then don't hold a match, just do a training camp and meet and greet. Just more of a cynical cash grab than usual, and the Saud away kit thing really pissed me off as well - blatant sports washing. Just an example of everything that is bad about the modern game.
I can’t believe anyone thought they’d field a strong side. It was as much about trying to revive a dying A-League as it was about Newcastle.

78k for the Spurs game. Decent turn out.

I’d be surprised if clubs didn’t continue to come down here. Timing was terrible though.

The City players were out and about a lot. My friend sent me a pic of a bunch of them in her sports shop the day before, although she didn’t recognise them being a Liverpool fan.
I think it’s done both teams the world of good down here.

I can’t believe anyone thought they’d field a strong side. It was as much about trying to revive a dying A-League as it was about Newcastle.

78k for the Spurs game. Decent turn out.

I’d be surprised if clubs didn’t continue to come down here. Timing was terrible though.

The City players were out and about a lot. My friend sent me a pic of a bunch of them in her sports shop the day before, although she didn’t recognise them being a Liverpool fan.
I think it’s done both teams the world of good down here.

Spurs had some sort of fan thing at the Impy.

Any chance United get barred from Europa League due to multi-club ownership (Nice qualify straight to group)?

Any chance United get barred from Europa League due to multi-club ownership (Nice qualify straight to group)?
The rule is that you can't own more than 40% of both clubs. Ratcliffe's stake in United is 27.7% so they can both take part and no need to make any changes.
By contrast, City will need to (temporarily) transfer some of their shares in Girona to a third party so that both clubs can participate.

The rule is that you can't own more than 40% of both clubs. Ratcliffe's stake in United is 27.7% so they can both take part and no need to make any changes.
By contrast, City will need to (temporarily) transfer some of their shares in Girona to a third party so that both clubs can participate.
you mean transfer them to say a UAE company they already have a relationship with

any idea how this would work? you’ve made it sound very easy

I read somewhere that Red Bull got round it by showing seperation of employees (coaching staff) and no intra club loans as well as fiscal independence of some sort.

I’m sure City will say they let Girona operate on its own and don’t pump money into the same as City or loans players, etc, etc.

Alternatively, they could just employ standard City practice - refuse to give any information and instead threaten to sue UEFA to death if they don’t allow City to have their way.

any idea how this would work? you’ve made it sound very easy
I think they'd do it in a similar way to how they deal with business interests for politicians. They'd set up some sort of blind trust, where City Football Group are the beneficiaries, but where the trustees hold the rights to vote on any shareholder business. At the end of the season, unless they both qualify again, the trust would be wound up and City Football Group acquires the voting rights again.
The point of such a structure is that it doesn't trigger a disposal of any value (since City Football Group still has the rights to profits) but it ensures they can't control both clubs. This will probably avoid a disposal for either tax or accounting purposes. I think, as has been said for Red Bull, that they'd also need to prove separate, independent management of the two clubs, which may mean they need to tweak the boards of directors.
And on that point, there is a suggestion that the United situation may be a little more complicated than I originally thought. Although Ratcliffe owns less than 40% of the shares, because he has control of football operations at United they may need to prove no shared management with their French club as well.

I read somewhere that Red Bull got round it by showing seperation of employees (coaching staff) and no intra club loans as well as fiscal independence of some sort.

I’m sure City will say they let Girona operate on its own and don’t pump money into the same as City or loans players, etc, etc.

Alternatively, they could just employ standard City practice - refuse to give any information and instead threaten to sue UEFA to death if they don’t allow City to have their way.
too funny. Etihad have just been announced as their main front of kit sponsor

LaLiga side Girona, whose majority owners are the City Football Group [CFG], have announced a new three-year sponsorship deal with Etihad Airways after qualifying for the Champions League for the first time ever this season.

Etihad Airways will replace Gosbi, a Catalan pet store, on the front of Girona's shirts from the start of the 2024-25 campaign.
No attempt at subtly

I think they'd do it in a similar way to how they deal with business interests for politicians. They'd set up some sort of blind trust, where City Football Group are the beneficiaries, but where the trustees hold the rights to vote on any shareholder business. At the end of the season, unless they both qualify again, the trust would be wound up and City Football Group acquires the voting rights again.
The point of such a structure is that it doesn't trigger a disposal of any value (since City Football Group still has the rights to profits) but it ensures they can't control both clubs. This will probably avoid a disposal for either tax or accounting purposes. I think, as has been said for Red Bull, that they'd also need to prove separate, independent management of the two clubs, which may mean they need to tweak the boards of directors.
And on that point, there is a suggestion that the United situation may be a little more complicated than I originally thought. Although Ratcliffe owns less than 40% of the shares, because he has control of football operations at United they may need to prove no shared management with their French club as well.
interesting, so most likely a reorganisation in name only and we’ll need another little portuguese hacker to prove otherwise

445827244_855492823280811_6167823042200075237_n.jpg

I read Man City are suing the premier league for tyranny by majority for the new financial rules.

LOL.

I fucking hate "unhinged 🤪" brand social media accounts way more than City, United, Milwall and Roy Hodgson combined

In the last few days:

Man City want to sue the Premier League.
De Bruyne says he could leave to Saudi Arabia.
Rumors Julian Alvarez wants move away.
Haaland hints he would not sign an extension.

Back
Top Bottom