• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Popping another Cherry - Brad Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok - so my point still stands ... :) This kid was so highly rated when he got to PSV, and then with the Dutch, but I just haven't him push on from there. That being said, he can't be any worse defensively than Moreno.
He makes less mistakes than he used to so I suppose he has improved. His assist stats are ridiculous as well. The same people who get annoyed by Moreno will get annoyed by him for the same reasons though.

He makes less mistakes than he used to so I suppose he has improved. His assist stats are ridiculous as well. The same people who get annoyed by Moreno will get annoyed by him for the same reasons though.

I noticed his assists - which is fantastic for a fullback.

That being said, we really need good defenders ... if he has become that, i'm all for it ... but I'd rather about 'struggling attacking FBs' (i.e. Clyne) than 'FBs struggling at defending'

With all our attacking outlets I'd just like a full back that can defend. Moreno created the most chances in Europe I think for a full back but wheter or not Klopp can coach him into a decent defender is the big question.

Dont think Jetro is the answer.

It'll be interesting to see whether he develops and improves at Bournemouth. He's made for English football in terms of physical attributes and we've seen the odd good cameo from him but still looks like it hasn't quite come together for him in terms of his overall game.

That's pretty standard for young players though. I think. As you say, he's got alot of useful attributes to make it worth keeping tabs on. Defensively a bit hit and miss but going forward he can be very good.

Well fuck him so

I remember a few months ago there was talk that we were after Charlie Taylor of Leeds. Wonder what happened to that one.

Don't know much of him except Leeds fans seemed genuinely distraught at the prospect of him going.

Toure and Skrtel gone, Flanno away on loan, Smith sold and Sakho sent home, Matip and Klavan in, Wisdom seemingly back in the squad, Karius in (and hopefully number one). Can anyone remember a bigger change in our defence over on summer? With gomez shafted again we must have someone else coming in surely?

Toure and Skrtel gone, Flanno away on loan, Smith sold and Sakho sent home, Matip and Klavan in, Wisdom seemingly back in the squad, Karius in (and hopefully number one). Can anyone remember a bigger change in our defence over on summer? With gomez shafted again we must have someone else coming in surely?
Wisdom's move to Celtic has been agreed hasn't it ?

When Houllier took control he totally ripped up the defence, signing a new keeper, Henchoz, Hyypia, Riise and Hamann to play defensive midfield

Great defence

Doesn't a buyback clause just mean we have first refusal? Surely if he was worth £30m in two years time, that's what we'd have to pay.

It wouldn't make sense to put in a buyback clause without any ceiling.

So we probably haven't

Real bought Morata back for 23m and immediately valued him at double that, so I would hope we have done similar

It wouldn't make sense to put in a buyback clause without any ceiling.

So we probably haven't

Real bought Morata back for 23m and immediately valued him at double that, so I would hope we have done similar

I'd imagine we have. He won't be worth 30m in a few years, I wouldn't be surprised if he's settled in championship by then or even playing in the A league or something. I wasn't convinced by him or his potential. Good luck to him though

I would firstly like to thank everyone involved at @liverpoolfc the players, coaches and the fans for the support and help over the 8 years I have been there. it's been a incredible experience and I will forever appreciate it YNWA. I'm very pleased to have signed for @officialafcb looking forward to the opportunity and can't wait to get started now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom