• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Aston Villa (H) - Sun 14:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Huge home game coming up to follow our heroics from SJP.

No Virgil, possibly no Konate. Could be a fun one for the neutrals.

If Konate is back I’d partner him with Matip in the hope that we dominate possession.

Alisson

Trent
Matip
Ibu
Robbo

Endo
Alexis
Szobo

Salah
Nunez
Diaz

Darwin has earned a start. Part of me wants to bench Mo but let’s be honest Klopp doesn’t have the balls to do that.

Would be nice to end the game with eleven players.

Also, is this televised? Struggling to see where’s its on in the UK

Where's Jota in all this?

He should start, but he works best on the left.

Diaz should start as he's a consistent threat and plays differently to our other wingers. Nunez just twatted 2 in against newcastle and looks like what we've been screaming out for. Mo is on 300k a week.

Someone has to be dropped

Diaz should start as he's a consistent threat and plays differently to our other wingers. Nunez just twatted 2 in against newcastle and looks like what we've been screaming out for. Mo is on 300k a week.

I understand, it's unfortunate though. Makes sense that Diaz starts since he was subbed early.

I'd like to see:

Ali

Trent
Konate
Matip
Robbo

Thiago
Macca
Szobo

Diaz
Salah
Nunez

No idea why we are playing in the Sunday. Related to the stand building work?

Edit:
At the start of September, Unai Emery takes his team to Anfield to play Liverpool, a match that will now take place on Sunday, September 3 (ko 2pm) once again due to Villa's participation in the Europa Conference League play-offs the preceding Thursday.]

If Konate is back I’d partner him with Matip in the hope that we dominate possession.

I actually hope we don’t dominate possession against Villa, otherwise we’ll be too exposed on the break, particularly with Matip and Gomez in defence. I would be fine with a cautious, ragged game in which both teams try to concede initiative and catch each other on the counter. If the teams cancel each other out, I would bet on the individual skill of Diaz or a Darwizzy special to be the difference.

So Villa will need to go pretty much full strength on Thursday night to get a decent cushion in the first leg vs Hibs so we should definately be stretching their legs on Sunday. Nunez a cert for that reason

So Villa will need to go pretty much full strength on Thursday night to get a decent cushion in the first leg vs Hibs so we should definately be stretching their legs on Sunday. Nunez a cert for that reason
Err - didnt they already absolutely twat hibs up in Scotland last week?

Yeah as Tom said they are 5-0 up. They'll play the reserves vs Hibs.

I’m thinking the Badger might get the last 20 in this one, once Endo’s little legs fall off.

I believe they already played the first leg and won 5-0. They will probably rest a huge chunk thursday.

Huge home game coming up to follow our heroics from SJP.

Alisson

Trent
Matip
Ibu
Robbo

Endo
Alexis
Szobo

Salah
Nunez
Diaz

Darwin has earned a start. Part of me wants to bench Mo but let’s be honest Klopp doesn’t have the balls to do that.

Would be nice to end the game with eleven players.

Also, is this televised? Struggling to see where’s its on in the UK

Bench him ? Seems pointless and especially if this could be his last LFC game with int break after. He deserves a better farewell than that even by 6CM standards.

Big test to see where we are at.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see Nunez on the bench.

Jota for me. Diaz is a threat, but relative to all the other forwards, he links up the worst. He works his ass off, but seems more disconnected and more of an individual threat. Jota creates chances for others and is a clinical finisher.

I prefer Diaz off the bench against tired legs.

I am up for seeing how Nunez does up front. He will keep the CBs honest, but I think Klopp starts Gakpo.

I actually hope we don’t dominate possession against Villa, otherwise we’ll be too exposed on the break, particularly with Matip and Gomez in defence. I would be fine with a cautious, ragged game in which both teams try to concede initiative and catch each other on the counter. If the teams cancel each other out, I would bet on the individual skill of Diaz or a Darwizzy special to be the difference.

This new Villa team likes to dominate possession so that might work out well for us.
I dont get why people would bench Salah. He was brilliant against Newcastle and if not for two brilliant passes from him we dont win that game.

Salah Darwin Diaz upfront.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom