• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Benfica (h) - CL QF - Wed 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad we rested Jota today. I mean, yes he played 60 minutes but that's as good as a rest

A good rest for Joel too. Sure, 94 minutes of football, but that's as good as a rest

Do you think athletico fans shower more than other fans, you have to feel dirty supporting this shit

I think I may need a shower now after watching Atletico for the last 30 minutes. What a horrible team – as much as I didn't want to see City go through, I'm glad this lot are out.

Also good to see City having no control whatsoever at the end – they had to rely on luck, rather than suffocating the opponent as usual.

Last edited:
I reckon Henderson has a better chance of managing Liverpool than Gerrard ever will.

Not sure why really, just seems smarter.

Do we have any other options?
Some, but not any I'm massively eager to try because I'm still hopeful it'll click back to normal.

Diaz Jota and mane is the best we could muster otherwise

Some, but not any I'm massively eager to try because I'm still hopeful it'll click back to normal.

True, but I kinda want to see Salah, Mane and Firmino back at it.

At least he is smiling!

Would suggest he's relaxed and knows it's coming. He's also creating good chances for others.

Bit of a comedy game in the end but they got in behind so many times. We can't just drift high every time. Seems any team that can time a run can get in behind. It's going to cost us eventually.

City next up. We were second best in the draw, and we have to improve to have any chance. Few rested so hopefully that will help.

Bit of a comedy game in the end but they got in behind so many times. We can't just drift high every time. Seems any team that can time a run can get in behind. It's going to cost us eventually.

City next up. We were second best in the draw, and we have to improve to have any chance. Few rested so hopefully that will help.
That's why Matip and Van Dijk are such a great partnership. Almost telepathic in their offside traps.

But 30 minutes of high intensity football is a rest though
That was 30 mins training for those guys, in fact supposedly actual training is of an even higher intensity. So yeah, that was just a warm up for the weekend.

Did we rest everyone? Mane, Salah, thiago and Fabinho all played.

Robbo, Trent and virg the only ones

They played 30 mins. Its as close to getting rested as you can come. Compared to City who had a full strength team out in 102 mins. Two injuries.

At least he is smiling!

Would suggest he's relaxed and knows it's coming. He's also creating good chances for others.
Well he should have put one on a plate for Mane but left it woefully short. However every match he doesn't score means he's one closer to scoring - he'll get one at the weekend.

0m29gzjc3dt81.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom