• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Brentford (H) - Sun 14:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Now that the curse of Modo is behind us, let's see if we can actually play a decent game of football.

Tricky team to choose as a few players have been gash lately - namely Tsimi and majority of our midfielders. Not sure how we solve the midfield point.

For me our team should be

Alisson

Trent (if he actually plays as a right wing back)
Konate
Virgil
Gomez

Endo
Gravenberch
Szobo

Salah
Nunez
Diaz

Brentford leave gaps at the back, this is ideal for Darwin up front. I think Gomez's pace will be useful against Mbuemo who plays down their right.

Am I confident? Not at all. I expect us to fuck around lots and get caught on the break far too many times. Can't wait.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I'd be playing Endo after that performance. Is Jones injured? Is Badger dead?

I'm not sure I'd be playing Endo after that performance. Is Jones injured? Is Badger dead?

Could say the same about a lot of our players. I hadn't clocked that Alexis is suspended, which should mean Endo is a certain starter, which for me is good for our shape.

Ali Gomez Ibou Virgil Kostas Trent Endo Szobo Salah Nunez Jota

If Grav is 100%, then him for Endo.

Home game so fully confident we'll extend our winning home run to 9 wins from 9.

Now that the curse of Modo is behind us, let's see if we can actually play a decent game of football.

Tricky team to choose as a few players have been gash lately - namely Tsimi and majority of our midfielders. Not sure how we solve the midfield point.

For me our team should be

Alisson

Trent (if he actually plays as a right wing back)
Konate
Virgil
Gomez

Endo
Gravenberch
Szobo

Salah
Nunez
Diaz

Brentford leave gaps at the back, this is ideal for Darwin up front. I think Gomez's pace will be useful against Mbuemo who plays down their right.

Am I confident? Not at all. I expect us to fuck around lots and get caught on the break far too many times. Can't wait.

I like the team. I think its important that Gravy is fit because we need him. Last night proved that.

Curtis is in our top three at the moment.

Best RCM: Szobo
Best LCM: Jones (because Mac plays DM)
Best DM: ......

Klopp seems determined to play Mac as the '6' so Endo isn't getting a look in in the EPL. You can't say we have a 'best' DM currently so ...

In my head the best setup should be Endo-Mac-Szobo but there's always a good reason for Klopp do do what he does

Curtis - Mac - Slob

would be our best MF if fit. But, Mac shouldn't be our end-game at CM, we need better. Nice to have some strength in depth but Curtis and Slob are bankers.

Isn’t Curtis injured too?

Anyway I’ll take over match thread duties after our next slip.

So no Mac, Curtis, Bajcetic or El Muerte which leaves us with Endo, Szobo, McConnell, Elliott and, possibly, Gravenberch.

Cody can also play in Midfield too (but he isn’t great there)

Endo DM and Szobo RCM are obvious. Gravenberch LCM if fit, ??? If not

Macca is so underrated on here that its criminal. Execellent player and will be fantastic for us.

I have no idea how some people can choose Jones aver Gravy. Jones is almost worthless as an attacking midfielder, if you just want him to keep the ball and slow the game down - he can do that. But Gravy has excellent possession stats AND has some real attacking nouse, it's just great watching him play.

Gravy - Mac - Szobo our best midfield, but I could be persuaded to change Mac or Gravy for Endo for some games.

I have no idea how some people can choose Jones aver Gravy. Jones is almost worthless as an attacking midfielder, if you just want him to keep the ball and slow the game down - he can do that. But Gravy has excellent possession stats AND has some real attacking nouse, it's just great watching him play.

Gravy - Mac - Szobo our best midfield, but I could be persuaded to change Mac or Gravy for Endo for some games.

Damn right!

For me we can look better balanced with Jones playing. Grav and Szoboszlai and would be more efficient if anchored by a decent and proper DM, but we haven't got one. I've got more hope in us controlling the play when Jones is on the park. He's more switched on defensively than Grav, who is pretty casual out of possession. Delighted we have both, though.

He's a great player, there's no doubt. He however is not a single pivot DM, and I find it maddening you seem to act like everyone's criticising him unnecessarily.

Spot on. We’re playing him out of position. I don’t like the Macca we have at DM. I would love him to be our LCM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom