• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Brighton (H) - Sat 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
If not Gomez then Hendo right back, Elliott rcm?

I don’t want to pin everything on Trent but that’s where the goals are coming from and it’s giving us a mountain to climb every match. Maybe we can return to the current approach somewhere down the line when the midfield is sorted.

We need to drop Trent. It’s that simple. Gomez to RB for the next couple of matches.

While I do think Trent needs to be dropped I don't think think it necessarily is going to suddenly make us a good side again. We genuinely have problems all over the pitch. Football is rarely about individuals and more often about systems or units. Our systems are simply not working, because the players we have are not capable of executing them. I don't think it can be fixed 'in season' to make us competitive. We are looking for top 4 at best and then either a massive rebuild or a sharp decline. There's no middle ground anymore, FSG have played 3 years of the let's wait and see game. Well we waited and now we see, this team is done in terms of its core.

Better Gomez or even one of the younger ones there. Why would you even play Henderson right back? Have we not learned about square pegs in round holes? We once ballsed up not trusting players like Phillips and Williams to play in central defence because they weren’t experienced enough. At any rate, Henderson isn’t even playing well in his central midfield role..

Klopp seems to think full back is a position for bad midfielders. Henderson, Milner, Trent...

Better Gomez or even one of the younger ones there. Why would you even play Henderson right back? Have we not learned about square pegs in round holes? We once ballsed up not trusting players like Phillips and Williams to play in central defence because they weren’t experienced enough. At any rate, Henderson isn’t even playing well in his central midfield role..

It was a suggestion in response to people not wanting Gomez due to his recent performances

You could also argue Gomez being a square peg with most of his experience being central defence of left back. I’m most interested in seeing this Scottish kid play there although it seems a long way off.

It was a suggestion in response to people not wanting Gomez due to his recent performances

You could also argue Gomez being a square peg with most of his experience being central defence of left back. I’m most interested in seeing this Scottish kid play there although it seems a long way off.
Got you.

Klopp is a slave to his system. Which is fine if you have the players for it, but many of the recent additions simply don't have the attributes to excel in it. And some who did don't have them any more. Either Klopp needs more players who fit the mould, or he needs to adapt the system to the new crop of players.

He's not an idiot. If there was a realistic way to adapt a new system and still compete, then he'd have used it already to save our legs years before now, unless he really is a sadistic son of a bitch who enjoys physically punishing his fellow human beings like an 18th century slave owner. Frothing about signings and players not chasing back is futile and ignorant of the miles we've been forced to put on people's clocks to give ourselves the title and the cups. It's done now. It paid off. It can't be undone by ranting and raving at the consequences like an ungrateful cunt. Trent isn't the only one guilty of criminality this season. Robertson is washed up. Milner. Henderson is spent. Fabinho looks finished too. Mane was on his last legs. Salah is a shadow of the player. You wouldn't abuse your dog in it's final weeks before it needs putting down, screaming at it to jump up and chase the ball like it used to when you bought it. The same mindset is probably owed to our dying squad in their final years and months.

He's not an idiot. If there was a realistic way to adapt a new system and still compete, then he'd have used it already to save our legs years before now, unless he really is a sadistic son of a bitch who enjoys physically punishing his fellow human beings like an 18th century slave owner. Frothing about signings and players not chasing back is futile and ignorant of the miles we've been forced to put on people's clocks to give ourselves the title and the cups. It's done now. It paid off. It can't be undone by ranting and raving at the consequences like an ungrateful cunt. Trent isn't the only one guilty of criminality this season. Robertson is washed up. Milner. Henderson is spent. Fabinho looks finished too. Mane was on his last legs. Salah is a shadow of the player. You wouldn't abuse your dog in it's final weeks before it needs putting down, screaming at it to jump up and chase the ball like it used to when you bought it. The same mindset is probably owed to our dying squad in their final years and months.

Maybe the dog should have been put down sooner.

We are not going to blame it on injuries now, are we? Said it before, the lack of forward planning is worrying.

FSG riding/pushing their luck throughout the transfer windows just because Klopp got us overachieving despite the numerous issues. The last min scramble for central defender and midfielder over 2 separate windows are obvious examples. Only wanting to "sign/wait for the right player" smacks of arrogance. (Edwards timed his exit well. didn't he - probably knew he wasn't going to be given the chance to strengthen/rebuild the squad.)

Happened to see this - not too wrong I think

Yes but Trent could help himself.

Things I saw yesterday.

Skinned by the winger at least 3 times, falling all over while at it. Dragging a winger down after getting skinned again and getting a yellow.

Constantly losing his individual battles, one of them led to us conceding a goal.

Diabolical passing.

Putting a defensive header back into our penalty area. Putting a clearance into the sky back to our penalty area.

Running into the 8, 9, 10 positions for no reason.

That's all on him.

And the British press wonder why Southgate won’t pick him.

TAA is the easy target. Everyone, bar Becker, is sh1t in that analysis.
I hav been say this about TAA for sometime, event since last season. People are only commenting on it now because of the results, so no I am not say what I have saying because he is an easy target. I am saying it because he has become a real liability.

He is first and foremost a defender, so fucking do his job and defend, and stop taking ever free kick,corner and drifting in to the centre of the pitch

I hav been say this about TAA for sometime, event since last season. People are only commenting on it now because of the results, so no I am not say what I have saying because he is an easy target. I am saying it because he has become a real liability.

He is first and foremost a defender, so fucking do his job and defend, and stop taking ever free kick,corner and drifting in to the centre of the pitch
Not according to Klopp— he’s got instructions to do something else higher up the pitch.

I would think this guy is an amateur, a random youtuber. Even if he is not 100% right he is at least 80% on the money. He did provide plenty of clips to back up his points.

However, we are into our tenth game of the season and our coaches still haven't caught on that other teams have worked out our right side? Or that weakness in our CB?

Pulling our high line a few yards back, asking Trent to be more conservative in his positioning, getting VVD to wake the fuck up would be a good start.

You reap what you sow. The lack of investment and forward planning within this squad has been nothing short of a disgrace all things considered.

You reap what you sow. The lack of investment and forward planning within this squad has been nothing short of a disgrace all things considered.
We had a team challenging on four fronts just last season. So I do get it if we did drag our feet a little in terms of refreshing the squad.

The thing I don't get is, we were pretty bad in many games this season. Klopp said they will fix it. The queen passed, we had 3-4 weeks of little football to have a rethink, at least for our coaches. Watching clips, discussing our weakness, how to be more resilient, yada yada, it's all on them. Fast forward to Brighton, we had conceded 2 goals in the first 10 mins, and it could have been 4 by the 25th min if not for Ali.

We had the same teething issues with our right side and defence, the same "free roaming" Trent, same lethargic performances from our best midfielders, same misfiring forwards, the same subbing in of our 50yo vice captain into a weird position. Nothing's changed after 4 weeks. So I'm not optimistic we could actually turn this around before it's too late.

Last edited:
The signs were there even last season but desire wore teams down. Some of our preformances last season were poor, lacked creativity but we got the breakthrough by just wearing teams down. Just feels with klopp's tactics you need to be 110% or otherwise we are just a shambles and just to easy to play against.
Brighton deserved to win That games yesterday by at least 2 or 3 goals and That is just criminal especially at Anfield. What's wrong with this team is something that will be fixed by a few weeks, this isn't some slow start, we need a major overhaul. We need to try something different but since we have never had a plan b to go too I can't see klopp changing anything soon.
I thought it was telling that as bad as our attack was yesterday, nunez was never an option. Only can on in the 89th minute, surely he would have be the something different. I assume him and jota and probably Diaz start on Wednesday

Yes. Alas the upcoming dogfights we have scheduled with Arsenal and City will be difficult to watch. You can hardly blame the dog for immediately going into a submissive posture. The last thing anyone wants to see is it being coerced into putting up a fight against a far younger and stronger opponent, and proceeding to have chunks of its flesh being torn clean off, suffering multiple lacerations, and stomach churning wounds, as it lies on the ground whimpering.

'I agree' would've done just as well.

We had a team challenging on four fronts just last season. So I do get it if we did drag our feet a little in terms of refreshing the squad.

The thing I don't get is, we were pretty bad in many games this season. Klopp said they will fix it. The queen passed, we had 3-4 weeks of little football to have a rethink, at least for our coaches. Watching clips, discussing our weakness, how to be more resilient, yada yada, it's all on them. Fast forward to Brighton, we had conceded 2 goals in the first 10 mins, and it could have been 4 by the 25th min if not for Ali.

We had the same teething issues with our right side and defence, the same "free roaming" Trent, same lethargic performances from our best midfielders, same misfiring forwards, the same subbing in of our 50yo vice captain into a weird position. Nothing's changed after 4 weeks. So I'm not optimistic we could actually turn this around before it's too late.
They are too fucking old and even the young ones are mentally d physically exhausted to play a Klopp style of football. There were loads of problems last season regardless of how far they got. This issue has always been building by not signing decent cover or replacing midfielders. The three mids that could act to help us change the dynamic are all crooked in Jone, Ox and Keita. The system is never changed to adapt to our current situation and issues, it's like a fucking broken ship that continues going into a war zone with the little remaining guns it has as it is stripped bare and broken by the enemy fire. Its fucked, but Klopp don't realise.

Yes but Trent could help himself.

Things I saw yesterday.

Skinned by the winger at least 3 times, falling all over while at it. Dragging a winger down after getting skinned again and getting a yellow.

Constantly losing his individual battles, one of them led to us conceding a goal.

Diabolical passing.

Putting a defensive header back into our penalty area. Putting a clearance into the sky back to our penalty area.

Running into the 8, 9, 10 positions for no reason.

That's all on him.
He's been doing that a few times .... its on Klopp not him. Klopp needs to change his system and approach play. Give TAA a simple instruction.. just defend.

The signs were there even last season but desire wore teams down. Some of our preformances last season were poor, lacked creativity but we got the breakthrough by just wearing teams down. Just feels with klopp's tactics you need to be 110% or otherwise we are just a shambles and just to easy to play against.
Brighton deserved to win That games yesterday by at least 2 or 3 goals and That is just criminal especially at Anfield. What's wrong with this team is something that will be fixed by a few weeks, this isn't some slow start, we need a major overhaul. We need to try something different but since we have never had a plan b to go too I can't see klopp changing anything soon.
I thought it was telling that as bad as our attack was yesterday, nunez was never an option. Only can on in the 89th minute, surely he would have be the something different. I assume him and jota and probably Diaz start on Wednesday
It's not such a shock if one considers that Klopp had said pre-match that all three needed resting after the Internationals and a relatively late return. I believe Jota also played the least minutes in said internationals since he came off after 60 mins in his last match.

Next four matches are vital to our season, and we need to set down markers... Drop TAA for the Rangers,Arsenal,Rangers Return Leg and the City games. Stick Gomez in with the instructions to make defending his number one priority.

I would like to see Jota start Tuesday night and given at least 65-70 minutes. If we are 2-3 up, then Nunez for Jota, Give Bobby or Diaz a rest

Jota---Bobby---Salah

Diaz---Jota---Salah

Both Jota and Nunez Need games under thier belts and should be used in Cup games as often as possible

And don't let Milner near the pitch unless we are leading 10-0 with a minute to go

Do you think this is school football? His positioning, set piece taking, the lot. This is what Klopp wants him to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom