• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Brighton (H) - Sat 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is bellingham even the answer to our midfield....? Looking at that Brighton midfielder who ran their midfield I would say we need that type of profile midfielder in our team even more so than we need Bellingham. We still haven't replaced Gini I feel.
You feel we have not replaced Gini ? Erm we have not replaced him in actual reality.

Bad defending at your right back position? Just buy six players better than Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson, Elliot, Carvalho, Salah, Bobby, Nunez and Diaz so he doesn't have to defend!

Why oh why did we make those substitutions just when we've managed to get some momentum going ? Grandpa Millie on for your LB who's been playing pretty well ? With 30 mins more to go as well ?

Also, the min Harvs came on, we lost all control of midfield. Harvs was like a headless chicken out there, not sure what to do in Hendo's role.

Seriously, what was Klopp thinking ?! Whose idea was it ??

Has he lost his mind ??

I don't think its all Trent...This system brutally exposes the role of the fullbacks... Honestly, the midfield is more of a concern to me than Trent. Teams steam through our midfield and then highline Trent is expected to deal with the fast breaks.

Thiago is awesome but you need two high-level midfielders next to him. In Fabinho we have one good Midfielder but we are lacking on the other. Honestly not investing in a great Centre midfield is more of a concern to me than Trent's performances.
A very weird day to blame it on being exposed for Trent... he gave up two goals while being in the right position and just not being a good defender/making the wrong decision. And it should have been more too. That is hard to overcome.

Thiago I agree with. As skilled as he is, he requires covering for in a system as much as Trent does.

But I think we have to just accept this team needs a rebuild... without Mo's goals to cover up our risky play style with a couple liabilities in our back 6 we aren't gonna be doing anything this year. I'm not so heart broken... I felt our midfield getting into a dire state last season and pointed it out on this website to a lot of ridicule.

Last edited:
I don't think its all Trent...This system brutally exposes the role of the fullbacks... Honestly, the midfield is more of a concern to me than Trent. Teams steam through our midfield and then highline Trent is expected to deal with the fast breaks.

Thiago is awesome but you need two high-level midfielders next to him. In Fabinho we have one good Midfielder but we are lacking on the other. Honestly not investing in a great Centre midfield is more of a concern to me than Trent's performances.

Exactly, but I also just don't think that Thiago matters much in many games. He's somehow world class, a midfielder, and a luxury.
You mean like 4-4-2 which could work to Salah's advantage?

Would he get the ball in places he likes to work from and have opportunities to score? He had that in this game.

So frustrating...for years we have been basking in our net spend abilities...but after missing out on the PL by one point and making three finals you would think FSG would allow Jurgen to buy at least 1 Marquee midfielder. But No, we decided to continue to battle it out in the Netspend Trophy, for what?

I do have confidence we can get 4th place still (especially seeing how Spurs got it last year) but I really do think that also might depend on us overpaying for a world-class midfielder in the winter transfer season.

So now goal becomes top 4 as league is unlikely with a defense this weak.

Anyone want to mock arsenal some more?

Maybe top 4 should be changed to top 5 or 6 to ensure were covered?

2 month break and klopp cant figure out how to protect trent better? Man oh man give me 4th today and I take it ...

Last edited:
Slow start the concede a goal or two.
Trent moves inwards away from the touchline no one covers.
Van dyke trying not to engage players.
Not playing best players from the off

So now goal becomes top 4 as league is unlikely with a defense this weak.

Anyone want to mock arsenal some more?

Maybe top 4 should be changed to top 5 or 6 to ensure were covered?

2 month break and klopp cant figure out how to protect trent better? Man oh man give me 4th today and I take it ...
Top 5 or 6 is not about being covered, it's more a reality, if and only if we improve. Right now, the good teams don't look like losing to bad teams, and teams with talent who are young (that don't include us), look like they can get draws against better sides.

Fulham
Brighton
Bournemouth
Newcastle
Everton
Man United (who had just been tonked 4-0 by Brentford)
Crystal Palace

10 points from that. That pile of shite. 3 of those points we needed a last minute winner. Top 4 is a pipedream. 3 months ago, we would have said anything less than 18 points would have been poor. It's only going to get worse. Good job we held out on midfield targets in the summer to get them a bit cheaper next year. They'll be itching to come to us in the conference league. If we're lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom