• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Crystal Palace (H) - Sat 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
We play Norwich in the league cup mid week, surely any resting happens there. Next 4 games after this are

Norwich (A) - Cup
Brentford (A) - League
Porto (A) - CL
Man City (H) - League

I’d think we’re in the business of rotating rather than resting, especially in defence where everyone is actually very good

Alisson Trent Virgil Matip Robbo Fab Hendo Thiago Salah Jota Mane

Maybe Naby gets in over 1 of Thiago/Hendo, otherwise don't see any other team....Tsimikas Gomez Konate Milner Ox Minamino all come in for Norwich.

If Divvy were to play with the same intent, I wouldn't be against starting him against Palace and having one of Mo Sadio or Jota as an impact sub. They are an asset in that capacity if we can rotate in a fashion that doesn't blunt our attack.

You would think Jones, Mane, Tsimikas and Thiago all have a decent shout of featuring.

Who knows about the CBs. I haven't seen much of Palace this year but they've always been dangerous on the counter.

I posted this earlier for our remaining matches in this hectic period. Now updated.

Palace 18th (A) : Full strength side. *Surely the rested players will all return (start) : VvD, Thiago, Mane.

Norwich 22nd EFL (A) : Squad and youngsters. Kelleher, Konate, Gomez, Milner, Jones, Tsimitas, Origi, Bradley, Gordon, Musialowski and Keita to start.

Brentford 26th (A) : Full strength side.

Porto 29th (A) : Klopp will go with a strong side but definitely rotate in 2-3 players. Konate, Gomez, Milner, Jones, Tsimitas, Origi and Keita all now options.

City Oct 3rd (H) : Full strength side.

* added.
This would make the team the same as Brizz posted. However there must be a case for Konate since Matip has played the last two and I'd hate to push his body beyond its limits with a 3rd game in quick succession.
Konate is a unit and Palace have big men. I doubt VvD and Konate would lose a single header. Both are adept at passing out to the wings too.

Klopp: "He was not injured, he had cramps, that’s normal and so now let’s see. It’s just nice, I’m really happy I could give him the opportunity and that he used it like he did."

great news, i still have faith in him

I posted this earlier for our remaining matches in this hectic period. Now updated.

Palace 18th (A) : Full strength side. *Surely the rested players will all return (start) : VvD, Thiago, Mane.

Norwich 22nd EFL (A) : Squad and youngsters. Kelleher, Konate, Gomez, Milner, Jones, Tsimitas, Origi, Bradley, Gordon, Musialowski and Keita to start.

Porto 29th (A) : Klopp will go with a strong side but definitely rotate in 2-3 players. Konate, Gomez, Milner, Jones, Tsimitas, Origi and Keita all now options.

* added.
This would make the team the same as Brizz posted. However there must be a case for Konate since Matip has played the last two and I'd hate to push his body beyond its limits with a 3rd game in quick succession.
Konate is a unit and Palace have big men. I doubt VvD and Konate would lose a single header. Both are adept at passing out to the wings too.

Nate should get a run out in the League cup.

Is Neco Williams still alive - he needs a run out.

Kelleher, Williams, Tsimitas, Phillips, Konate, Milner, Kiera, Jones, Origi, Minamino & OX - kids on the bench.

Nate should get a run out in the League cup.

Is Neco Williams still alive - he needs a run out.

Kelleher, Williams, Tsimitas, Phillips, Konate, Milner, Kiera, Jones, Origi, Minamino & OX - kids on the bench.
Totally forgot about Nate ! Yep him & Konate. Maybe NEco but Gomez also in the running for RB if he doesn't start in the centre.

I think Gomez needs game time, hopefully we'll see him & Konate for Norwich. Would be nice to see Bradley rewarded for his international call up with a start too. But let's save chatter for this one until the next pre match thread... watch this space

it's funny now cos it looks like everyone hates Brizzle. don't know how to fix that but i will do my best to appease the jinx gods.

and fuck off dreamy

Totally forgot about Nate ! Yep him & Konate. Maybe NEco but Gomez also in the running for RB if he doesn't start in the centre.

He shouldn't be. He's nowhere near as good at RB. Giving him game time would be a good thing, but not at that price.

He shouldn't be. He's nowhere near as good at RB. Giving him game time would be a good thing, but not at that price.
It's Norwich in the Milk Cup. They'll swap a few out too. He's good enough and giving him the game time is likely more valuable to us than playing Neco.

It's Norwich in the Milk Cup. They'll swap a few out too. He's good enough and giving him the game time is likely more valuable to us than playing Neco.

I disagree if it's in a position he won't usually be playing in. Gomez and konate at CB, neco and Kostas at full backs

I can see Tsimikas getting a game, i can also see Konate with Virgil not sure both would happen though.

ridiculous that Divock comes in, looks good and gets injured.

Divock had cramp and will be available, but held for Norwich. I would like to see Konate on the left alongside VVD. Matip is probably close to breaking and his speed could likely be useful to help Trent with Zaha.

* added.

Norwich - I actually think it is important to win this game, as we need the cups games to keep squad fresh and youngsters developing, and they are not a bad side (despite record), especially when Krul, Cantwell, and Pukki are on their game.

So, I would be careful to not overdo the starting changes, but certainly several and would love to see Nat get a game. He fully deserves it and alongside Matip or any other would still dominate.

I would keep at least 4 of our 1st 11 and 6 of our 1st 13.

Divock had cramp and will be available, but held for Norwich. I would like to see Konate on the left alongside VVD. Matip is probably close to breaking and his speed could likely be useful to help Trent with Zaha.
Absolutely no chance of that. Virgil is our left side. Nobody will take that away from him.

With this being Liverpool's third game in a week, boss Jurgen Klopp said he'll rotate the squad against Crystal Palace.
"We spoke about the schedule, this one is normal for us, three games in a week," he said.
"Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday is a tough one so you have to think about this. We came through [so far] and the boys did really well. We'll make changes again, that's clear."

Jurgen Klopp, who begins with an update on Brazilian forward Robero Firmino's hamstring injury.
"He's not ready," said the Liverpool boss. "Bobby won't start training with the team until some time next week. Then we will have to wait and see."

If Minamino doesn't start for this game, remembering the last season's performance against Palace, Klopp better sell him.
We have to be ready with Origi, Jota and Minamino firing on cylinders before the African up starts.

If Minamino doesn't start for this game, remembering the last season's performance against Palace, Klopp better sell him.
We have to be ready with Origi, Jota and Minamino firing on cylinders before the African up starts.
We have African upstarts? Interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom