• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Pre match, Europa League: LASK (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes please.

Means we don't have to play either Ibou or Matip then. (I guess we could not anyway by playing Trent but then we wouldn't need to play any of them!)
I'm not sure if he'll get 90 mins though. He might start on the bench.

brad.png

Sauce

That's gonna be the line up isn't it? Mo and 10 kids.

Quansah looking over his shoulder like he's seen a streaker.

The minor positive to Jota's injury is that we will almost certainly have the same starting 3 for all PL games til end of December, and just manage minutes in PL games through subs. We probably need to usher through one more reserve alongside Doak & Gakpo for that rotation. Maybe Kaide Gordon if it isn't too soon for him.

Bradley at right back from the start? That'd be 'interesting'!

Not that I'm against it but it would be brave when we do need the points

Quick reminder of the table:

[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}1{/td}
{td} {/td}
{th}Liverpool{/th}
{td}4{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{td}9{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2{/td}
{td} {/td}
{th}Toulouse{/th}
{td}4{/td}
{td}-2{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}3{/td}
{td} {/td}
{th}Union Saint-Gilloise{/th}
{td}4{/td}
{td}-4{/td}
{td}4{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}4{/td}
{td} {/td}
{th}LASK{/th}
{td}4{/td}
{td}-1{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Linz won at home at the weekend 1-0 against second bottom team to retain their 3rd place in the Austrian league. They are 5 points behind RB Salzburg and Sturm Graz. They continue to play a 3-4-3 formation

Last edited:
So even if we win, it's not guaranteed that we'll win the group?
Honestly, even if we need a point away against Union in the last game to win the group, I'd risk it playing the kids.
The schedule is getting a bit hectic.

Honestly, even if we need a point away against Union in the last game to win the group, I'd risk it playing the kids.

Yepp, Toulouse are at home tonight as well so safe money would be on two home wins and the group being decided on the last match day. I'm pretty sure if we draw on the last game we still win the group on count back even if Toulouse win both games.

For clarity; 1st place goes direct to Knockout round, 2nd goes into a playoff with the teams finishing 3rd in the UCL and 3rd drops down to the Conference thing

Yepp, Toulouse are at home tonight as well so safe money would be on two home wins and the group being decided on the last match day. I'm pretty sure if we draw on the last game we still win the group on count back even if Toulouse win both games.

For clarity; 1st place goes direct to Knockout round, 2nd goes into a playoff with the teams finishing 3rd in the UCL and 3rd drops down to the Conference thing
Isnt it on head to head aggregate score? If so we win 7-4

Isnt it on head to head aggregate score? If so we win 7-4
Sorry @tombrown. Yes, that's what I meant

1. H2H record (1 win each)
  2. Goal difference in H2H (7-4 to us) - so we are placed above
  3. If same goal diff then highest goals scored
  4. ... and so on

Toulouse aren’t gonna win both their games so yes a win guarantees top.

Subs

• 4 van Dijk
  • 8 Szoboszlai
  • 9 Núñez
  • 10 Mac Allister
  • 17 Jones
  • 32 Matip
  • 44 Chambers
  • 45 Pitaluga
  • 49 Gordon
  • 50 Doak
  • 66 Alexander-Arnold
  • 84 Bradley

Last edited:
Very glad to see Bradley back.

Give him 15-20mins at the end, starts v West Ham USG and in the FA 3rd round then I think best to send him to the championship for the last half of the season.

These kids need to play & I don't see him playing another game after the FA cup game.

My prediction
  • 4 van Dijk
  • 8 Szoboszlai
  • 9 Núñez
  • 10 Mac Allister
  • 17 Jones - on 70th min for Gravy
  • 32 Matip
  • 44 Chambers - on 60th min for Kostas
  • 45 Pitaluga
  • 49 Gordon - on 70th min for Lucho
  • 50 Doak - on 60th min for Salah
  • 66 Alexander-Arnold
  • 84 Bradley - on 80th min for Konate
5-0

Reactions: dee
West Ham get a sneaky winner on 88th minute to ensure they’re going through (top 2, favourites for 1st as home and only need draw)

Klopp being interviewed on TNT now.

”Just make sure we win the game”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom