• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre match: Everton (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
@Brizzle we need 3 points so time for Mo (do) to take the reigns.

Date: Saturday, 21 October 2023
Kick-off time: 12:30 BST / 13.30 CET / 07:30 ET / 04:30 PT
Stadium: Anfield
Referee: Craig Pawson.
Assistants: Marc Perry, Wade Smith.
Fourth official: Thomas Bramall.
VAR: David Coote.
Assistant VAR: Stuart Burt.

TV:
TNT Sports
DAZN.
USA Network

Team news:

Definitely out: Robbo, Thiago, Bradley
Unconfirmed: Gakpo, Kelleher, Bajcetic, Doak
Suspended: Jones

My team:

Alisson

Trent
Matip
Van Dijk
Tsimikas

Macca
Szobo
Gravenberch

Salah
Nunez
Jota

I think we'll win it comfortably.

Early kick off is a pain. Hopefully our players that are returning from South America will be able to play.

They'll play some part for sure, all internationals concluded late last night. (Mac playing till around 11pm local time)

I'd imagine they'll all be flying back into Liverpool this afternoon or tomorrow morning at the latest. If tomorrow morning then it's only 1 days session before the game.

@Brizzle we need 3 points so time for Mo (do) to take the reigns.

Date: Saturday, 21 October 2023
Kick-off time: 12:30 BST / 13.30 CET / 07:30 ET / 04:30 PT
Stadium: Anfield
Referee: Craig Pawson.
Assistants: Marc Perry, Wade Smith.
Fourth official: Thomas Bramall.
VAR: David Coote.
Assistant VAR: Stuart Burt.

TV:
TNT Sports
DAZN.
USA Network

Team news:

Definitely out: Robbo, Thiago, Bradley
Unconfirmed: Gakpo, Kelleher, Bajcetic, Doak
Suspended: Jones

My team:

Alisson

Trent
Matip
Van Dijk
Tsimikas

Macca
Szobo
Gravenberch

Salah
Nunez
Jota

I think we'll win it comfortably.
I'd play either Matip or Konate, I'm fine with either.

Midfield is the problem. Remember how Macca played last time he went away for the Internationals ? If I'm remembering correctly he was atrocious and hooked at HT?

Endo has also been away and there is a significant time difference of 7 hrs (jet lag) there too (though it's worse West to East than East to West). Not sure when he returned.

All a bit worrying and although I'd far prefer Macca or Endo over Elliott I believe it would be better to start the young lad (and he's high on confidence after two fine performances for the U21). An alternative would be to bring Trent into midfield alongside Gravy as a double pivot with Szobo advanced, and start Gomez at RB.

Last edited:
I'd play either Matip or Konate, I'm fine with either.

Midfield is the problem. Remember how Macca played last time he went away for the Internationals ? If I'm remembering correctly he was atrocious and hooked at HT?

Endo has also been away and there is a significant time difference of 7 hrs (jet lag) there too (though it's worse West to East than East to West). Not sure when he returned.

All a bit worrying and although I'd far prefer Macca or Endo over Elliott I believe it would be better to start the young lad. An alternative would be to bring Trent into midfield alongside Gravy as a double pivot with Szobo advanced, and start Gomez at RB.
I agree. I wish Bajectic and Thiago were available, wouldn't have been a question about who'd start at the 6 then.

I think Macca, Alisson and Nunez will start. Diaz will be on the bench with Jota starting out wide.

I'm utterly shocked about Thiago being out.

-------------------Alisson--------------------
Trent-----Konate-----VVD----Tsimikas
--------------------Endo---------------------
---------Szobo--------------Grav----------
-Salah-----------Jota-----------Nunez---

They're shit at the back and are awful against pace and on the break. Nunez to rip them a new one.

I could see Klopp resting Alexis and using as a sub given how he responded last time out to early KO after an international break.

Alisson

Trent
Konate
Virgil
Tsimikas

Endo
Szobo
Gravy

Salah
Nunez
Jota

I'd get Jota on as he has not featured much in the internationals and will be super keen to redeem himself after that red card.

I'd usually prefer Konate over Matip because Konate is better, but Matip would have had more of a rest so can see him starting. The rest of the defence picks itself.

Midfield, Szoboszlai is a certainty, and I think Gravenberch will start too. Not sure about the other spot but I'd be tempted to go for Endo.

Up front, Salah of course, and then Nunez and probably Jota.

So what's happened to Steph? We know he can play the 6. What about him alongside Mac in a double pivot with Dom in a more advance role? Personally I'd switch to 4-4-2 and put in Gravy but Klopp won't play 4 in MF

F8zpW3pXAAAXaco

My team:

Alisson

Trent
Matip
Van Dijk
Tsimikas

Macca
Szobo
Gravenberch

Salah
Nunez
Jota

If Gakpo is defo back then I'd have Nunez - Gakpo - Salah up front. Also Endo for Gravenberch

So what's happened to Steph? We know he can play the 6. What about him alongside Mac in a double pivot with Dom in a more advance role? Personally I'd switch to 4-4-2 and put in Gravy but Klopp won't play 4 in MF

He caught Thiagonitis and died.

So young, such a tragedy.

Klopp on preparing for another 12:30 KO: "We booked better flights (for the South Americans). This time it was much better, they were pretty quickly on the way back to England and that makes a massive difference."

From the GrandOldTeam:

Moderatelywarmwater said:
It’s the perfect time to play them. And our underlying stats are much better than our results. Think we’ve got every chance myself

Everton15 said:
i totally get that every time we play at anfield but its just the fact we have a little form and harrison has injected some quality in there and experience and dcl is back -
they don't like playing early doors - i honestly think we are getting something here coyb

Street end man said:
I don't for one minute think there's the same gulf between us as there has been in recent years. Usually I want the game over and just written off. Tomorrow I think we can go toe to toe with them and give them a game. We have the size, height, speed and hopefully goal scoring ability now to not just go there and roll over. For once I can't call tomorrow but if we turn up i'd expect a result of some kind. Nowhere near as one sided as some may think this.

Saint Domingo said:
There’s been a few times we’ve picked up a draw there, which for a bottom half team is actually pretty ok. Everyone focuses on our low number of wins and some embarrassing scorelines but the reality is that there’s some bottom half teams who are losing every single fixture home and away most seasons to them (I think Palace lost every fixture in between Crystanbul and last season) . Even the top 6 all have terrible records there especially under Klopp.

That 17/18 Everton team under Allardyce was one of the worst I’ve ever seen and we didn’t lose that against a Liverpool side far better than this one. Even the game we lost to that freak Origi goal Andre Gomes was one of the best players on the pitch and we had three gilt edged changes to go ahead in the first half.

They’re not this invincible team people make them out to be. I’d fancy our chances much more at Anfield now than I would at the Etihad or Emirates. That doesn’t mean we’ll win but I’ll be annoyed if we just roll fort and accept a beating.

tommytowne said:
Rat boy Mk2 not playing I've just heard.​
Jack Harrison to prosper perhaps?​
Yeh he's out. Having surgery apparently​
heard he hurt his shoulder playing for Scotland (Patto?) and cannot play in case he is needed to help a limping VVD off the pitch if Pickford tackles him again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom