• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Pre Match - Newcastle (h) - Wed 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elliott motm.

Trent needs to find some form from somewhere. Fabinho also still looks a bit below par.

I’m glad both full backs went off. We were much better when they did.
Maybe that’s a kick in the pants they need

Henderson is a fucking crab.

Trent can't do shit against a low block and Robertson runs around alot , yay.

In other news Harvey Elliott and carvalho are genuinely the best things we have going forward alongside diaz.

Mo needs a rest

It's almost 05.30 here but I'm always so pumped after we win that that link was worth investigating and although most are exactly what you'd expect there are also a few that thought Newcastle got what they deserved :

I suggest watching the game from min 85 tomorrow. Its not football and that's what id say if United were on receiving end of time wasting like that

Pope pretending to be injured is what cost them that game. Love to see when karma strikes like that.

Newcastle deserved that for their time wasting. Including the time wasting in extra time itself.

To be fair, Newcastle wasted so much time and attempted to play no football in that second half. They absolutely deserve that. Just annoying those cnuts benefited from it.

Are we just gonna pretend that a Newcastle player wasn't getting treatment in injury time? (in answer to someone asking where the extra time came from)

Hate to say it but disagree. The ball was in play for close to none of the last 2 minutes and all of stoppage time. I hate time wasting more than anything in football and Newcastle deserved that. The problem is now inconsistently refs play past the allocated time when they should

Last edited:
Jota has a fight on his hands to get his spot back in the squad over @Modo's boy Carvalho. And yes, @Modo's boy Carvalho is how I am remembering his name as.

This on BBC (look at the Thumbs Up vs Thumbs down). A lot of people hated Newcastle's playacting tonight.

Get Involved

#bbcfootball or text 81111 (UK only - standard message rates apply)
SMS Message: Funny seeing all these Geordie tears. If Pope hadn't have been time wasting in extra time, the ref wouldn't have extended extra time. Only got yourselves to blame for pathetic gamesmanship, 3 players down with cramp at 77mins. Play with fire and you get burnt. from Nick, Leeds​
Funny seeing all these Geordie tears. If Pope hadn't have been time wasting in extra time, the ref wouldn't have extended extra time. Only got yourselves to blame for pathetic gamesmanship, 3 players down with cramp at 77mins. Play with fire and you get burnt.​
Nick, Leeds​
SMS Message: So gratifying that all of the players going down with "cramp", "back problems" and myriad other phantom injuries, players kicking the ball away and fans throwing second balls onto the pitch or not returning the ball is the reason for the excessive time added on and ultimately why their team lost tonight. Poetic justice served. from David​
So gratifying that all of the players going down with "cramp", "back problems" and myriad other phantom injuries, players kicking the ball away and fans throwing second balls onto the pitch or not returning the ball is the reason for the excessive time added on and ultimately why their team lost tonight. Poetic justice served.​
David​
Article Reactions

• Liked

• Dislike

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp, speaking to BBC Sport: "Football can go in both directions but tonight it went in the right one, a perfect end of the game."

Newcastle brought it on themselves, with the time taken out of the game was added on, it came back to get them in the end? "I am really happy that everyone saw it tonight. It was hard to take. It was a difficult game anyway, Newcastle invested a lot to close us down. They were close to getting pretty much everything for it. Of course everyone wants to see a football game and when it is interrupted that often it is not nice for anybody.
"The only chance we have, not just for this game but in general, the referee has to pick earlier yellow cards. I don't know when the kicking the ball away stopped being a yellow card. When did this rule die?
"I had no idea if that tonight it was on purpose or if they players really had to go down because slightly injured. I don't know."

How do you stop having to come from behind? "By scoring first. We have a lot of space for improvement, definitely. It was well played by Newcastle I have to say. It is still early in the season. You have to fight your way through.
"I am not sure everyone in the stadium kept believing but from now on we have to. What a wonderful goal from the little one. He is in a great moment.
"Harvey Elliott was the best player on the pitch, without a shadow of a doubt. It was nice to see he picks up from where he was before the bad injury. Fabio, what a boy. What a player. I am pretty sure he will want to have that feeling more often and I am pretty sure if he keeps working he will have it more."

BBC
Liverpool fighting spirit wins through

Liverpool have a long history of late Anfield winners and this was another one to add to the list as victory was snatched from a disappointing draw.
Klopp's side struggled to mount any momentum in the face of Newcastle's stubborn resistance, as well as what the Liverpool bench and Anfield regarded as blatant time-wasting tactics.
That made it even more ironic that the winner came so late.
It was Carvalho, who celebrated his 20th birthday on Tuesday, who scored the headline-grabbing winner but it was another Liverpool youngster, Harvey Elliott, who took the fight to Newcastle as Anfield's anxiety mounted.
The 19-year-old was always probing, demanding the ball, driving Liverpool forward when his more experienced and illustrious colleagues could not make an impact.
Even Virgil van Dijk was not safe from Anfield's ire when he played a couple of lazy long passes in the second half but all was well that ended well as Carvalho emerged from a scramble to fire home the winner.
It may only be five games into the season but it was enough for Klopp to bring out his trademark fist pumps in front of the Kop.

Match Stats (in case anyone says we didn't deserve the 3 pts) :

Possession : 72% - 28%
Shots : 23 - 5
On Target : 6 - 2
Corners : 12 - 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom