• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Pre Match - Newcastle (h) - Wed 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
The media were banging on about the winner being scored in the 8th minute of 5 minutes injury time. They failed to notice that this was entirely Newcastle's fault for their grotesque time-wasting. If they hadn't indulged in the clowning around they would have probably got a point.

Tim Howard made a good point about how Jurgen was complaining to the fourth official for the whole game, and that's how we got another 2-3 mins of fergie time.
The reason we got extra minutes was 3ctimes in the 5 added minute Newcastle players went down faking injury. Pope alone took over a minute and it was obvious that he would blow up as soon as the corner cleared the box

Henderson is a fucking crab.

Trent can't do shit against a low block and Robertson runs around alot , yay.

In other news Harvey Elliott and carvalho are genuinely the best things we have going forward alongside diaz.

Mo needs a rest
Its August ffs, 5 games into a new season. He's not going to the WC.

Match Stats (in case anyone says we didn't deserve the 3 pts) :

Possession : 72% - 28%
Shots : 23 - 5
On Target : 6 - 2
Corners : 12 - 0
Apart from the goals, the only really good chance we had was diaz's shot that was blocked . That was heading in but we created fuck all. Newcastle got what they deserved because of that kidology but truth being told we created very little even after we got it to 1-1 which is very disappointing

Was Firmino good enough in the second half to warrant a place in the team?

Why judged only on the second half?
He was ok, but there were fewer pockets between their defense and midfield, so he linked up play less times. Howe knows his things.
Firmino seems to have woken from a slumber though, more of a spring in his step.

Darwin was all of us after the injury time winner yesterday:

FbhbJPEX0AAtCz1

Apart from the goals, the only really good chance we had was diaz's shot that was blocked . That was heading in but we created fuck all. Newcastle got what they deserved because of that kidology but truth being told we created very little even after we got it to 1-1 which is very disappointing
I've just watched the City highlights so it seems maybe very strange to say this but the City game was in many ways very similar to ours, the difference obviously being the finishing but goals (half tap-ins) aside City had fewer shots with few clear cut opportunities.
Yeah I know, six goals, but it's not as if there were a ton of shots on target (9 in total). The point I'm making here is not that obviously City finished better but that against packed defences clear cut opportunities and shots on target are likely to be lower simply because of the number of defenders blocking shots. In both cases it was clear which team deserved to win.

Why judged only on the second half?
He was ok, but there were fewer pockets between their defense and midfield, so he linked up play less times. Howe knows his things.
Firmino seems to have woken from a slumber though, more of a spring in his step.

I thought he was tragic in the first half bar the involvement for Diaz’s miss after taking it round Pope. I turned it off at half time.

The amount of times firmino was in the centre circle, rather than further forward was fucking criminal for me. We're playing against a well drilled side, and he's allowing them to keep a sensible shape when we're on the counter

The amount of times firmino was in the centre circle, rather than further forward was fucking criminal for me. We're playing against a well drilled side, and he's allowing them to keep a sensible shape when we're on the counter
Uh how fucking slow were we in transition ? Newcastle committed bodies , often out numbered us going forward ,wed win the ball back and crab the ball from side to side until they were back in shape. Firmino, Elliott, Diaz would all end up in the centre circle with 9 players in front of them

Diaz had a great chance early on which he put over the bar. We had plenty of touches in their box. But when they come to frustrate and defend all night (which will change once Nunez returns) we’re never going to get many clear cut chances. It was a one way game

The media were banging on about the winner being scored in the 8th minute of 5 minutes injury time. They failed to notice that this was entirely Newcastle's fault for their grotesque time-wasting. If they hadn't indulged in the clowning around they would have probably got a point.

Henry Winter in "The Times" was one of the exceptions. I tend to find him overrated but fair play to the guy for pointing this out.

"We will remember it for years and years. I'm not 100% sure they all believed until the end but from now on we have to as we showed again it is possible."

Who's that aimed at ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom