• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Pre Match - Spurs (A) - Sat 17:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't there a rule that taking legal action against your governing body results in expulsion from the league? Or did I dream that?

We'd be taking legal action against PGMOL here, not the FA? They'd just be recognised as a subsidiary in this case?

because they are asleep on the job post their jollie in UAE.

What is with this btw and how is this even allowed by the FA? I’ve never known for referees to manage in a league outside of their own before (excluding internationals and European tournaments of course)

As for VAR not being a problem, it is a problem because ultimately it stands for duh duh referees and not something like GLT (goal like technology) where the technology actually does the fucking work. It’s not been brought in to be used how it was intended thus needs to be sacked off, simple as.

Last edited:
What is with this btw and how is this even allowed by the FA? I’ve never known for referees to manage in a league outside of their own before (excluding internationals and European tournaments of course)

As for VAR not being a problem, it is a problem because ultimately it stands for duh duh referees and not something like GLT (goal like technology) where the technology actually does the fucking work. It’s not been brought in to be used how it was intended thus needs to be sacked off, simple as.

Regarding UAE, I’m surprised how centrally contracted employees are allowed to do external roles but then assume it is.

How is it a VAR issue?
Incompetent linesman already had ruled it out initially as offside if I remember. How is it a VAR thing? Without VAR still no goal but human led process should have ruled it in. If it was pure AI led then in this case, it would be onside. It’s actually rather clear and easy decision which would have taken seconds to process.

This is the crux of it for me. VAR, in theory, should be incredible. Problem is we've got fucking dunces running it.

There should be a minimum of another 4 cameras in the ground, and all cameras used to detect offside they should be ultra slow mo, 8k top tier monstrosities. Like, they're determining offsides from the blur of a ball leaving an attackers foot; it's not fit for purpose. But that costs too much, so lets just do normal sky cameras instead.

They had the option for the semi automated one from the world cup, but they didn't want it for god knows what reason; i'd imagine cost, again

For me, if the FA wants to use VAR, they should have the brunt of the cost.

Next, they need to actually decide when it can be used. "clear and obvious error" is ironically vague and ambiguous terminology. It's subjective for gods sake. Jones' red card at the weekend. Clear and obvious? No, as even a bulk of the punditry can't agree over it. So whats their threshold?

The whole system is propped up by a PGMOL, who should not be an independent body; as clearly that means they can fuck off abroad and do extra work 48 hours ahead of a game. The referee needs to explain themselves, if not in game, post game. For me, refs need to be mic'd up so the stadium can hear, and all decisions explained at the time. It works in the NFL, it works in Rugby. Problem stems from i don't believe the refs can be trusted with that. Look at Moss the other year, in (weirdly) us vs spurs. Linesman is very clear over the options. If Lovren touched it, it's a pen, if he didn't, kanes offside. Moss responds "I don't know if he touched it, i'm giving a pen". Fucking travesty.

Regarding UAE, I’m surprised how centrally contracted employees are allowed to do external roles but then assume it is.

How is it a VAR issue?
Incompetent linesman already had ruled it out initially as offside if I remember. How is it a VAR thing? Without VAR still no goal but human led process should have ruled it in. If it was pure AI led then in this case, it would be onside. It’s actually rather clear and easy decision which would have taken seconds to process.

Sorry but that’s just plain wrong, English referee’s allowed to officiate in a country which also state owns a club in the Prem, I’m sorry but what?

I get the lino called it wrong originally but VAR is an issue as a whole, rewind the clock to the Jones tackle….without shitty VAR the game’s still being played 11v11….can you not see this is an example of re-refereeing games? VAR is not this faultless technology we were sold it to be and as long as it’s occupied by human intervention then in my opinion it should be binned.

With regards to refs doing extra work; i don't get how it's allowed? The FA should want it's referees rested and fit for the games coming up. The FA is so focused on protecting the refs from criticism, they've forgotten that the refs actually work for them; albeit through hiring of their organisation

Sorry but that’s just plain wrong, English referee’s allowed to officiate in a country which also state owns a club in the Prem, I’m sorry but what?

I get the lino called it wrong originally but VAR is an issue as a whole, rewind the clock to the Jones tackle….without shitty VAR the game’s still being played 11v11. VAR is not this faultless technology we were sold it to be and as long as it’s occupied by human intervention then in my opinion it should be binned.

That’s not sure about the whole English refs having side hustles as perm employees rule but if MPs are allowed then it’s all game here I guess.

Related to VAR, my focus was on the goal. Of all the wrong decisions some subjective, the offside was inexcusable at any level especially around tje circumstances surroinding it. It was declared onside upstair so I just can’t fathom how between all the tech and comms wired up, it wan’t rectified with a minute. It’s not VAr related, it’s pure total idiots involved assuming nothing something more serious isn’t at play. If players are betting then are we sure officials aren’t? Yet we haven’t many charges. By the way, not suggesting this a match fix, just pure musings..,

The clubs in the Premier league voted no to introduce the semi automatic offside system used in the World cup and CL invented by Hawkeye.
Why some clubs felt the need to not have it in place to reduce the margin for human error is beyond me. Whenever I've seen it in a game it works brilliantly and you can see what part and by how much a player is offside.

With that system in place our goal stands.

The clubs in the Premier league voted no to introduce the semi automatic offside system used in the World cup and CL invented by Hawkeye.
Why some clubs felt the need to not have it in place to reduce the margin for human error is beyond me. Whenever I've seen it in a game it works brilliantly and you can see what part and by how much a player is offside.

100%

1 million % rather.

It'll be down to cost, I guarantee it.

With regards to refs doing extra work; i don't get how it's allowed? The FA should want it's referees rested and fit for the games coming up. The FA is so focused on protecting the refs from criticism, they've forgotten that the refs actually work for them; albeit through hiring of their organisation

I believe there is some UEFA rule in place that prohibits them doing this with in Europe but I could be wrong. However, this UAE side hustle wasn’t something I was aware of till this season. There’s something proper dodgy about Webb, I would bet he was involved in setting up the whole refs for hire BS. Didn’t he fck off abroad then come back to UK for this role? Can’t rem…

Can’t wait to see the audio and video from the VAR officez at the time.
giphy.gif

So the biggest issue for me is that goal, the rest are bad decisions which I have got used to with these English referees being such protected specimen now says.

What I don’t get is, the official explanation was VAR office assumed the onfield error had given a goal so there was no change to the decision?
What I don’t get is, are they not actually keeping account of the score? Surely they only had one game and they would soon as they realised use the VAR alert mechanism to correct decision? So many holes in their explanation we need a full through review fora transparancy sake.

VAR is not the issue here, it’s those moron humans who failed to do their job. If it was full automated like goal line then it’s more likely to work. Pointless having a human in the decisiob process because they are asleep on the job post their jollie in UAE.

Totally agree with this part

Remember this tackle by Skipp last season on Diaz? Was checked by VAR and not given as a red card. The lack of consistency is fucking bonkers.
Kane had an even worse one a few seasons ago that also wasnt given.

F7beEa9WQAElxee

Isn't there a rule that taking legal action against your governing body results in expulsion from the league? Or did I dream that?

TBH that's a new one to me but, if there is, at least in theory that might be equally legally challengeable. In any case, if it were the PGMOL we went after, they're not the overall football governing body so presumably wouldn't come under this sanction.

According to The Athletic it was because they feared the technology would be outdated in a couple of years and not much of an improvement.

But that's technology in general, so for me that doesn't hold water.

I'm still raging about this game, and the aftermath. A complete and utter fuck up. We should be top of the league. We matched Spurs with 9 vs 11. We would have won easily with full 11.

The freeze frame shown to the ref for Jones' tackle stinks - talk about leading the witness. VAR videos shouldn't be allowed to be shown in slow-mo. Show them real time and if you can't make a decision the nothing is 'clear and obvious'

Jota's first yellow. Horrendous.

Everything around Diaz's goal. Every excuse is flawed.
"VAR thought the goal was given so didn't need lines as it looked onside" - well why watch the goal not get given and a freekick for offside get taken
"VAR didn't want to ruin the flow of the game" - if this was a rule why did a game on the same day just 2 hours before have a 4 minute delay for checking a goal.
"It was human error by the VAR" - then why have an assistant VAR if they can't intercept an error by the VAR

What is the point in having technology to draw lines and declare onside or offside if they aren't going to be used.

The only possible positive is that our team just goes all out for the rest of the season against this injustice.

Let's not even get started on the VAR spending his midweek funded to do a friendly in the UAE by City's owners. Huge conflict of interest - no PL ref should be allowed to work outside of PL or UEFA during a season, or even during the time of their employment.

Kudos to Goldbridge : Support LFC on fighting PGMOL and says Jones' card was a Yellow not a Red.

The Jones red card is very much debated by people, some say it wasn’t and others say it’s harsh but is a red. Which is fine, but it clearly means the decision to award a yellow was not a clear and obvious error. So how could they possibly be justified in calling the ref to review the footage, never mind the still image they had ready for the ref.
It’s so fucked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom