• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Spurs (A) - Sat 17:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Big game. Spurs have some rhythm and form since ditching Harry.

I'm torn on final midfield spot - i'd be tempted to put Endo in as we need someone marking Maddison out of the game.

Alisson

Gomez
Konate
Virgil
Robbo

Endo
Mac Allister
Szobo

Salah
Nunez
Diaz

Trent will have had 5 full days of team training before this, should come straight back in.

Ali Trent Matip Virgil Robbo Endo Mac Szobo Salah Nunez Diaz

Gonna go for an enthralling 2-2, probably another game of 2 halves.

It’ll be a great game for the neutrals. Hopefully an awful one for spurs fans.

Spurs look decent and will try to exploit the space in behind our defense. Son plays as a 9 and is one of the better players around at attacking that space.
Will be a big test for our new midfield.

Maddison has been their best player and is a doubt. Will be a big miss for them so I'm guessing they are going to start him even if he isnt 100% fit.

Hopefully we have enough in the locker to win this one.

I'd go:

Alisson
Gomez Konate Virgil Roboo
Szobo Macca Jones
Salah Darwin Diaz

Big game. Spurs have some rhythm and form since ditching Harry.

I'm torn on final midfield spot - i'd be tempted to put Endo in as we need someone marking Maddison out of the game.

Alisson

Gomez
Konate
Virgil
Robbo

Endo
Mac Allister
Szobo

Salah
Nunez
Diaz
So Endo for the extra muscle in front of the defence or Jones for the extra control and possession. Tough decision. I reckon Klopp will go with Jones as he took him off early. So that team with the exception of Jones for Endo.

My forecast is for a chaotic game with us edging it 2-3 (Virgil, Nunez and Mo).

Spurs look decent and will try to exploit the space in behind our defense. Son plays as a 9 and is one of the better players around at attacking that space.
Will be a big test for our new midfield.

Maddison has been their best player and is a doubt. Will be a big miss for them so I'm guessing they are going to start him even if he isnt 100% fit.

Hopefully we have enough in the locker to win this one.

I'd go:

Alisson
Gomez Konate Virgil Roboo
Szobo Macca Jones
Salah Darwin Diaz
Ange said neither is 100% fit but they won't stop them playing. London papers say Maddisson is fit.

Really looking forward to this one, they are wide open and commit lots of players forward so it will be a slug fest. I firmly believe we have the better players but if we continue our policy of only playing from 30 mins onwards we will be in deep trouble here.

H2H vs Spurs away, since Klopp took over:

[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}17 Oct 2015{/td}
{td}Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool{/td}
{td}D{/td}
{td}0-0{/td}
{td}Premier League{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}27 Aug 2016{/td}
{td}D{/td}
{td}1-1{/td}
{td}Premier League{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}22 Oct 2017{/td}
{td}L{/td}
{td}4-1{/td}
{td}Premier League{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}15 Sep 2018{/td}
{td}W{/td}
{td}1-2{/td}
{td}Premier League{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}01 Jun 2019{/td}
{td}W{/td}
{td}0-2{/td}
{td}UEFA Champions League{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}11 Jan 2020{/td}
{td}W{/td}
{td}0-1{/td}
{td}Premier League{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}28 Jan 2021{/td}
{td}W{/td}
{td}1-3{/td}
{td}Premier League{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}19 Dec 2021{/td}
{td}D{/td}
{td}2-2{/td}
{td}Premier League{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}06 Nov 2022{/td}
{td}W{/td}
{td}1-2{/td}
{td}Premier League{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
I for some reason imagined that we always drew against them, but it looks like we have a pretty good away record.

Am just glad they don't have Kane this time. He seems to enjoy scoring against us.

I will take another last minute winner from Jota or anyone in red.

Very nervous about this game, Bissouma scares me more than anyone - he looks like he is on a mission. I hope that we have the same level of chances that Arsenal had against them, but am counting on our forwards to put them away unlike Arsenal's. We need to stop Bissouma, and then we will have control of the game, otherwise we could end up losing this game or it could become very chaotic. I really don't want to lose this game, I don't know why - but because we just don't have a good barometer of how good this team is due to the opposition faced so far, and the early conceding of goals in nearly every game. It will feel really shit if we lose this game - I know my own belief in this team will be knocked back if we lose, and will feel worse knowing we got an away fixture at Brighton in our next game.

Spurs are playing some lovely football and have to say Maddison looks brilliant in combination with Bissouma who is like his body-guard. I see this game, either being a draw or a high-scoring game that could go either way.

Very nervous about this game, Bissouma scares me more than anyone - he looks like he is on a mission.

Spurs are playing some lovely football and have to say Maddison looks brilliant in combination with Bissouma who is like his body-guard. I see this game, either being a draw or a high-scoring game that could go either way.

They've got Mac, Szobo and the generational talent Curtis Jones to contend with.....we'll be fine.

Bissouma aint doing shit.

Alisson

Gomez
Konate
Virgil
Robbo

Jones
Mac Allister
Szoboslai

Salah
Nunez
Diaz

60 minutes Gomez for Trent..

Trent will be in the squad tomorrow.
Bajcetic has a "tiny" calf issue.
Thiago still dead
Connor Bradley still dead

They've got Mac, Szobo and the generational talent Curtis Jones to contend with.....we'll be fine.

Bissouma aint doing shit.

I know you don't rate Curtis, from your previous posts, so one can only imagine how you have underrated the Spurs team based on their current form.

I don't share your same level of confidence. The problem we have is that we are using 3 players to play that makeshift 6, where as Spurs have a perfect 6 in Bissouma, - the way we play - if you compare to a spaceship from star trek and compare to the shield - them having a perfect 6 gives them 95% cover, us with our makeshift 6 gives us a 65% cover for our defensive line.

Trent will be in the squad tomorrow.
Bajcetic has a "tiny" calf issue.
Thiago still dead
Connor Bradley still dead
Trent in squad = Trent will play.
Baj probably wouldn't have made the squad anyway (although thought he was pretty ace in his cameo the other day)
Bradley defo wouldn't have.
Thiago......meh. Stopped caring years ago.

I know you don't rate Curtis, from your previous posts, so one can only imagine how you have underrated the Spurs team based on their current form.

I don't share your same level of confidence. The problem we have is that we are using 3 players to play that makeshift 6, where as Spurs have a perfect 6 in Bissouma, - the way we play - if you compare to a spaceship from star trek and compare to the shield - them having a perfect 6 gives them 95% cover, us with our makeshift 6 gives us a 65% cover for our defensive line.

I rate Curtis....just not as a generational talent or anywhere close. I rate him as a decent player.

Have you watched Spurs this season? Sure they're a little more pleasing on the eye. So? Still vulnerable as ever defensively. If they're conceding 2 goals against Brentford (without Toney) and Burnley, 2 against an Arsenal side with Nketiah up top and conceding to a championship side in Sheffield then what do you think a free scoring Liverpool side will do?

Cross the I's and dot the T's.

For all the fans that love to hype up teams based on football they really should've been delivering a decade ago then we're gonna send them crashing back into reality (even if it's only for a week).

0:00 Intro
0:21 Ange Postecoglou’s Tottenham Hotspur
2:00 “New look” Liverpool
3:37 Team news | Alexander Arnold, Bajcetic, Thiago, Bradley
4:45 Investment
6:30 Szoboszlai
8:10 Successful against Spurs?
10:43 Endo Wataru performance
13:00 How will Liverpool cope against Tottenham’s attacking threat?
15:31 Outro | Please like the video and subscribe!

Johnson is out for Spurs so they may be forced to play Ricarlison down the middle and Son out wide which would be useful given Son has just found form in the centre

Johnson is out for Spurs so they may be forced to play Ricarlison down the middle and Son out wide which would be useful given Son has just found form in the centre
All I remember is like Son has always found form against us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom